Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Did you ever have a monster in your room?

Did you ever have a monster in your room?

https://www.boredpanda.com/funny-comics-monster-under-bed-pebble-and-wren-chris-hallbeck/

Posted - February 27, 2019

Responses

Yes, it's behind my zipper.
      February 27, 2019 3:27 AM MST

I think you should button it now for safety sake....:) 
      February 27, 2019 3:37 AM MST

We don't want you to "fall" out with us...:)D 
      February 27, 2019 3:39 AM MST

Yes.......but I'm not the dangerous tyke, once I've got my daily sugar fix....  :) 
      February 27, 2019 3:35 AM MST

• No I never went through that monster under the bed/in the closet phase.  After watching that Little Monsters movie though I always wished I had. 
      February 27, 2019 6:48 AM MST

Great cartoon and great website. 
      February 27, 2019 6:53 AM MST

• YES!  That's why I never slept with my arms or legs outside the covers.  They can't get you if you do keep covered up!
      February 27, 2019 7:29 AM MST

Only my younger brother ... 'cause I slept on the top bunk.  LOL

But I enjoy this comic about a monster under the bed:

https://themonsterunderthebed.net/?comic=test-post
      February 27, 2019 8:41 AM MST

One idea was to make all closets have doors opening into the hall, and remotely operated, so if a bad guy breaks in you can release the monsters to get him.
      February 27, 2019 11:47 AM MST

Yes and no.  I had a monster in my head and I was in a room.  

It was real.  It was a thing.  I could feel it.   It was taking over me.  It was terrifying.   

I prayed.  It went away.

February 27, 2019 11:51 AM MST

Are you saying you prayed to a Hindu deity ... or that you believe they are "evil"?
      February 27, 2019 12:13 PM MST

Thanks for asking.  I found this terrifying diety (KALI) who is a Goddess of Destruction in part and parcel with Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva.

So, Shiva and Kali Ma are kind of on the same plane, they both control doling out punishment for instance, and they are the most powerful aspect of creation, destruction.   Shiva comes from Kali.   She is Goddess.  

Anyway, her might is terrifying and this is an artist depiction of Kali Ma and also resembles what that monster looked like.   Just in general.  It had long braids and black hair and that kind of expression.   It was talking in my head and it's fingers were under my skin.  It was nauseating.  So, I never imagined it had a thing to do with a Hindu Diety, but it looked like a creepy characterization of that.  OK, Creepier.  This is creepy too.  

It felt satanic.   It looked like this but WORSE.  This looks like "DON'T MESS WITH ME" and the monster looked like malice and menace.  Here we go.  More like this.  

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 27, 2019 12:34 PM MST
      February 27, 2019 12:19 PM MST

No because monsters know that if they come into my room I will bury them in the Peat moss bog - dig them up in 20 years and call them Mummy (peat moss bogs have preserving properties). Cheers!
      February 27, 2019 1:04 PM MST

When I was little I believed that when the lights were off snakes covered my floor.  I would pee in bed because, well, who is going to put their feet into a den
    of snakes.   I still refuse to have a dark room in my house.  There are nightlights in every room.  Don't like dark.

Mother could have alleviated that little bit of hell for me, but no, "the book" (whichever one was popular at the time) said that children should not be obliged in such ways as leaving a light on.  I tried to burn a nightlight in my girls' rooms but they preferred the dark.  That was one of my biggest surprises in motherlife. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at February 27, 2019 4:49 PM MST
      February 27, 2019 4:45 PM MST

No monsters, most nights two snoring Labradors
      February 27, 2019 4:53 PM MST

• Yes.  I should really be more careful about the people I hook up with online.

See the source image
      March 16, 2019 1:19 PM MDT