Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Are you afraid of going to the bathroom in a public place?

Are you afraid of going to the bathroom in a public place?

Everyone at work makes fun of the one guy that comes to work to spend the first 20 minutes in the bathroom. Yet, no one will admit that they too have to go and will go to lengths to use the private bathroom belonging to the boss.

I was wondering after all the jokes, is there a phobia to using the bathroom in a public place? 

Posted - February 27, 2019

Responses

Not afraid but cautious a lot of people have been robbed or jumped in public washrooms so I stay alert. Cheers!
      February 27, 2019 9:04 PM MST

Of course, I am. Germs will f**k you up.
      February 27, 2019 9:16 PM MST

"Afraid" isn't the word of use in my case.  "Apprehensive" is more appropriate.
    ~
      February 28, 2019 5:18 AM MST

I once worked at a commercial laundry. Sometimes they hired 'sketchy' people. One Monday a new guy started the job and the first thing he did was go to the men's restroom at 9am when work began. After about an hour in the restroom, he walked out, never to be seen again. A few days later I was told the guy went from the laundry to a set of railroad tracks, sat down on the tracks and never got up when a train came by. 
      February 28, 2019 6:46 AM MST

Not for me.  But my husband tells me he hardly ever used public toilets for years and years even on work sites.  He would hold it all in until the end of the day. 
      February 28, 2019 7:53 AM MST

Not afraid but cautious, after all have you seen the state of some public toilets? You pick a cubicle, you hope it'll be a clean cubicle where someone hasn't missed the toilet; and horror of all horrors, you get to see some strangers bodily fluids either in the toilet, up the back of the toilet, on the seat of the toilet, or out of the toilet.  Then comes the sink, has someone touched the taps with unclean hands so when you turn them off, it makes no difference if you've washed your hands or not, and if you get past that...there is the awaiting door handle, do you go ahead and touch it, or open it with a paper towel, use a sleeve over your hand, or an elbow? Still, it could be worse...it could be a portable loo, aka the flooded tardis!
      February 28, 2019 3:22 PM MST

I hate to have to use a public bathroom.  I live in a smallish town now so when I'm out and about and need to go, I likely just run by my house.  Go ahead and laugh.  It's what I do.  I'm quirky and fine with that. 
      February 28, 2019 6:47 PM MST