Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Family » Is it OK for a man to cry ?

Is it OK for a man to cry ?

My wife was watching a show on the Reelz Channel about this guy named Scott Peterson I never heard of him but it said he was married to this girl then ended up cheating on her then murdered her at 8 months pregnant. My wife and I have a daughter who's gonna be 2 months old Monday I couldn't imagine doing it to her or her mom. I know this sounds silly but I'm a very sensitive guy especially when it comes to kids. I'm literally shaking I was only 5 at the time so I don't remember that. What kind of idiots would go and murdered their pregnant wife at Christmas. The sickness part of it was when a couple were walking their dog when the unborn baby washed up on the shore first then the next day the wife washed up the dog was chewing on her body. That about made me sick. This guy must have been drunk or high at the time because no one would go and strangle their pregnant wife around the holidays for no reason now Christmas is gonna be sad for me because I'll think about this. Is it OK for a man to cry ? 

Posted - March 1, 2019

Responses

• i do not have to read all that to tell you yes 
      March 1, 2019 6:23 PM MST

Excellent
    :)
      January 24, 2020 8:22 PM MST

It's a must. Everyone cries and it's alright. 
      March 1, 2019 7:46 PM MST

Hahahahaha
    oh I needed that
    thank you This post was edited by Baba at January 24, 2020 8:22 PM MST
      March 2, 2019 12:00 AM MST

Just yes. Go ahead.
      March 2, 2019 3:19 AM MST

• Why do you keep posting 5 million word long questions about men crying? Fake. 
      March 2, 2019 7:59 AM MST

Yes, it's ok.. and some would say that if men felt more able to express how they feel and have that acknowledged - they wouldn't suffer so much from depression and suicide attempts. Bottling things up is really not a good idea
      March 2, 2019 9:55 AM MST

First -- Yes, it's absolutely okay for a man to cry about anything that causes him sadness, grief or distress.
    In fact, it's emotionally very healthy, helps to relieve stress and recover from difficult events.

Unfortunately, although people are far more likely to commit violent crimes and murders when drunk or on ice,
    it is not the case that these things only happen under the influence of such drugs.

In reality, about 3.2 women are murdered by men in the USA.
    A 2017 Violence Policy Center report, When Men Murder Women, analyzed 2015 homicide data collected by the FBI. It found 928 female homicide victims were "wives or intimate acquaintances of their killers." That works out to 2.54 female victims killed by an intimate partner on average per day in the United States. 
    Of these, two thirds of the murders are committed by the boyfriend, de-facto, husband, or ex- .
    The remaining one third is unavailable because who the killer was was not specified - so it is widely accepted by police and social workers that the actual rate of murders of women by by they know very well is, in fact, much higher.
    The rates for violence against women by their intimate partner is much higher - 72% of all assaults.

By and large, domestic male violence against women and children is far more common, both in the USA and around the world than most people realise. The USA has the highest rate of violence in any of the Western first world countries.

March 2, 2019 6:14 PM MST

Generally speaking, yes---but you may be approaching the edge of the two standard deviations.
      March 2, 2019 6:20 PM MST

When people put s space before s question mark, yes.
      March 2, 2019 7:02 PM MST

yes

January 24, 2020 8:22 PM MST

To paraphrase and adapt an old Dave Barry bit, It's OK for men to cry when...

A) A father and son are present and one of them has a fatal disease

B) The man in question must, strictly for business reasons,  arrange to have a male relative "rubbed out"

C) The Jets just won the Super Bowl on a last minute Hail Mary miracle play
      January 24, 2020 8:28 PM MST

• Of course it is and it would be asinine to suggest otherwise.
      January 24, 2020 8:32 PM MST