Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » How do I figure out my soul's purpose?

How do I figure out my soul's purpose?

Posted - March 9, 2019

Responses

Well, texasescimo, let me just summarize my take on the JW's:

The JW's apply what I call "Cold Case" exegesis---You restrict God's conveyance of divine truth to His ‘statement” as recorded in the bible---while ignoring the further enlightenment He has provided with knowledge revealed through the universal church He established---and that is their fatal flaw when it comes understanding what God has said to man.

And as I have mentioned before, you try to eliminate the theological virtue of Faith as a factor in understanding what God has communicated and instead restrict it to the limited logical ability of mankind.  

Fortunately and ultimately, belief in the truth of Catholicism is a gift of faith given by God that must be accepted and acted upon by the recipient in order for the recipient to become Catholic. With Protestant historians, it may be that some, for whatever reason of divine Providence, were not given that gift; or that those who were given that gift did not accept it or act upon it for some reason. We must commend such people to God’s mercy, trusting that if these individuals follow him to the best of their ability according to the light of truth that they have, it may be possible for them to achieve salvation.

So as I ultimately do---either explicitly or silently---with all the JW's I dialogue with, I now commend you to divine Providence.

....And I now end my participation in this thread.

Edit: changed final paragraph spacing

This post was edited by tom jackson at March 23, 2019 11:47 AM MDT
      March 23, 2019 11:46 AM MDT

ask god to help you figure it out
      March 10, 2019 3:33 PM MDT

Your soul's purpose is to energize you to finding a purpose. Your soul without a body has no purpose, just like your body without a soul has no purpose.
      March 11, 2019 5:43 PM MDT

Let's skip all the crappy biblical answers and just say your soul has no purpose.
      March 13, 2019 6:23 PM MDT

No such thing as a crappy Biblical answer.
      March 13, 2019 6:31 PM MDT

I was being nice.
      March 13, 2019 6:33 PM MDT

Oh at the least, as a principle of being (Aristotle), the soul shares its act of existence with the body.  When it stops doing that....the body dies.
      March 13, 2019 8:56 PM MDT

....Does get old sometimes.
      March 13, 2019 8:57 PM MDT

Your "soul" I guess is a sentimental term for your being, your self.  The purpose of every person is to worship and enjoy God which means helping others. 
      March 14, 2019 4:39 AM MDT

What is yourself?  What is your image of yourself?  IS that yourself?  Do you die and go to heaven?  Do you take yourself?  Which one?  The one you are at death?  Or the one you were at 30?    That is your MIND. That is not yourself.  The part of your consciousness that listens?  That is your soul.  The part that watches the self that you portray to me?  That is your soul.  The part of you that does not think.  THAT.  

Hi I'm back again.  

LOL 
      March 14, 2019 10:31 AM MDT

Never got into that "soul" stuff. Did not grow up Roman Catholic so that was not part of my religious background.  So never understood what that meant to people.  I guess I don't see my mind as separate from my body.  That would not be unified.  Unity with God after death I think of as being total which would include body as well. 
      March 14, 2019 10:42 AM MDT

It's whatever purpose you want it to have.

March 14, 2019 2:41 PM MDT

You could try an aboriginal sweet lodge for a spiritual cleansing and for a invitation to the sprits to guide you towards your souls purpose. I should add that the invitation to the sprits involves creating the 4 elements and part of that involves heating up river rocks which could explode if not done properly so research and caution is advised. Cheers!   
      March 23, 2019 1:04 PM MDT