Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Legal » What was the last major crime committed in your town that you recall?

What was the last major crime committed in your town that you recall?

We have murders here daily lately.   Hard to keep track of and we have a serial killer loose to boot.

Posted - August 30, 2016

Responses

little ole lady taking a morning walk in a nice neighborhood,

when a guy runs up behind her and starts beating her to the ground

all on video. No robbery just a beating...hospitalized for surgery...

...senseless violence abounds...he got away

innocent people, kids caught in gangs crossfire

it's all amuck throughout bay area.

...gangs driving on freeway just shooting people as they pass...

Bizzarre to say the least...

...Robberies gone wild...

mom and pop stores easy targets

as well as all businesses big trouble...

August 30, 2016 12:56 PM MDT

We have very little crime but about a year ago someone burned a convenience store to the ground and the clerk died in the fire.  It turned out that the 18 year old clerk had been shot in the head and set on fire.  The killer had no connection to the victim.  He (the killer) was an not a local; he was here visiting someone.  Now he is visiting the area permanently. 

August 30, 2016 2:01 PM MDT

Some kid stepped on that hose at the local gas station that dings a bell to alert the attendant. That was a few years ago now. Never caught.

Worse than that kids have been stealing crab apples from a tree in a house holder's back yard.
      August 30, 2016 2:21 PM MDT

• Right before I moved, there was a body discovered on my side of town (very unusual) where foul play was suspected.  In this new town, I've heard nothing at all as far as anything serious goes. 

August 30, 2016 2:22 PM MDT

The sheriff's deputies parked outside the bars and checked people as they left at closing time. That's why there is no longer a bar in town.

August 30, 2016 2:48 PM MDT

murder

August 30, 2016 2:50 PM MDT

Violence against Polish immigrants. That's where the Brexit vote came from.
      September 1, 2016 12:22 AM MDT

Someone was murdered on the street were I live on the previous year. Crime related stuff.
    I heard the gunshots loud and clear from my home. That shit was scary.

September 1, 2016 12:49 AM MDT

I just remembered this and thought it might amuse you all. A few years ago, I was walking down the high street, and I saw a couple of kids, teenagers, trying to do a smash and grab raid on a local jewellers, by trying to break the window with a bit of tree branch. The branch broke, the window didn't, and the two criminal masterminds ran off. No one in the jewellers showed any sign of having even noticed! I was the only one who saw anything! I decided not to report it, on the basis that if I said to the police "I saw an attempted robbery, but no one else noticed," they would probably have thought I was having them on.
      September 2, 2016 3:07 AM MDT

:(
      September 2, 2016 5:48 AM MDT

(What does "the high street" mean, please?)
    ~
      September 2, 2016 5:50 AM MDT

Recently, a rash of illegal U-turns kept our local police force quite busy. Before that, some kid was caught stealing a lipstick at CVS.

September 2, 2016 6:14 AM MDT

Alert the media, call out reinforcements, open the bomb shelters, save water in your bath tubs . . . oh, wait. You're safe there. Never mind.

:)
      September 2, 2016 6:19 AM MDT

Houston Metropolitan area? Daily crimes are reported. The biggest stories have been the Sandra Bland murder, no one has acknowledged. They claimed it was suicide. Another is the murder of an 11 year old boy walking home from school who was brutally stabbed by a homeless veteran this year.

Another crime was this woman who shot her two daughters and tried to kill her husband as well. One daughter was going to be married the next day, after she was shot and killed.

Then another was which happened in a neighborhood not too far where I used to live, was a crime that was in the national news. This insane guy drove to this house, looking for his ex-wife and shot the whole family. One girl survived.
      September 2, 2016 6:27 AM MDT

There are murders committed here about once a week, maybe once every two weeks. Last week there was a suspiciously-started house fire that killed (or covered up the killings) of five people. It's still being investigated to determine if it was arson. The topper for the area is a repeat rapist. The police have arrested a suspect after two known attacks that had the same m.o.

~
      September 2, 2016 6:49 AM MDT

The high street is the main street of a town or city, the centre of the shopping area, Randy.
      September 2, 2016 3:20 PM MDT