Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Zack
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » Who are some former actors and actresses who disappeared* from fame shortly after making their debut?

Who are some former actors and actresses who disappeared* from fame shortly after making their debut?

*Excluding reasons such as death, disease, injury, etc.

Posted - April 12, 2019

Responses

Mira Sorvino.  She won an Oscar for Mighty Aphroditie and kind of faded into oblivion. 

Start at

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 13, 2019 3:54 PM MDT
      April 13, 2019 12:41 AM MDT

Poor girl probably went coo-coo after doing a Woody Allen picture.
      April 13, 2019 3:56 PM MDT

Why?  Who else has gone coo coo?  He has had about 100 famous actors and actresses work for him.  No complaints.  You are safe, unless you are adopted by him, I guess.  

I hate to say it, but he does make excellent movies.  Just because you are demented, does not mean you are without talent. Look at Mel Gibson and Tom Cruise.  TOTALLY deranged yet, very talented.  
      July 1, 2019 2:27 AM MDT

She was blackballed by Harvey Weinstein.
      June 30, 2019 6:29 PM MDT

OH MY GOD, Zack. That is RIGHT. I remember her talking about it.  THAT SOB.  She was so talented too. That movie was AMAZING.  She was so funny in it.  I loved that movie.  I hate Harvey W.
      July 1, 2019 2:29 AM MDT

The guy that made those Invisable Man films...not sure of his name....once they finished filming he was never seen again...   :( 
      April 13, 2019 1:52 AM MDT

It was Chevy Chase.....he was so quick  no one could catch him let alone see him...... But that a Chevy for U ...fleet without feet....:)D 
      June 30, 2019 6:27 PM MDT

Thelonious Bernard

He made only one movie  - - 1979's "A Little Romance" - fun movie! (It was actress Diane Lane's first movie, too.) From what I can tell, the movie is well respected. But, when it comes down to it, I really like the movie, so that's all that counts to me. Ha!
    :)

According to Wikipedia, he now is a dentist.

Image result for thelonious bernard

April 13, 2019 4:26 PM MDT

this one's for you diehard foreign film fans.........in "Fellini's 8 1/2" 
    there was a STUNNING BLONDE who was onscreen for, maybe, 30 seconds, if that.....GOD she was gorgeous.

her name was Edy Vessel, or Hedy Vessel,& she made a couple of B movies, foreign, then disappeared........

what a shame.....someone said that perhaps she decided that 'movie fame' was not for her.......and I"m sure she's happier for her decision.

but OH MY if you ever get to see it, she's in the fantasy sequence where Mastroianni has all  his mistresses in one house......

June 30, 2019 1:05 PM MDT

I looked her up.

She is gorgeous indeed.
      June 30, 2019 5:06 PM MDT

OMG  you looked her up? how? was it a still photo or a clip from "8 1/2"??

let me know!!!  and even though I wish she'd continued her film career, I'm happy that she's probably enjoying her life out of the spotlight...but oh, that face, right!! 

so let me know!!!!!
      July 1, 2019 8:21 AM MDT

Only by chance did I come across your reply to me - - it looks like your reply got posted as a separate answer. I'm sorry I saw it years later
    I realize you haven't been on the site for over two years but here's a picture I found of her I like.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at August 23, 2021 8:42 PM MDT
      August 23, 2021 8:10 PM MDT