Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
my2cents
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » What's the most weight you've ever lost UNINTENTIONALLY? -

What's the most weight you've ever lost UNINTENTIONALLY? -

(Such as due to illness, depression, captivity, disease, etc.)

Posted - April 13, 2019

Responses

I had a long weight at a bus stop one and another while waiting for a train....

I use to weight at tables once ,but never did it furlong.....:( 
      April 13, 2019 4:39 AM MDT

You know? I don't know any huge women that wear stilletoes or any shoe that won't let toes.
      April 13, 2019 10:01 AM MDT

Dainty toes fit dainty feet and both fit dainty shoes....., :) 
      April 13, 2019 11:00 AM MDT

I lost 2 stone, (not sure what that is in US measurements - 28lb?) when I was pregnant with my first child.. I was so sick... all the time.. Fortunately he was born a healthy weight. 
      April 13, 2019 8:09 AM MDT

OH GOD.  Morning sickness.  I cannot believe women have more kids after enduring this.  LOL 
      April 13, 2019 10:02 AM MDT

Yes, I wondered too but I did go on to have two more offspring. Fortunately, I didn't suffer from morning/all day sickness like that again. 
      April 13, 2019 10:08 AM MDT

When I had my appendix removed, I lost 9 pounds.  All I ate was applesauce for weeks.  Then I came to my senses and started eating pizza and drinking wine again.  
      April 13, 2019 9:32 AM MDT

In one decade, I gained and lost 130 pounds one time.  I went from about 135 to 270-75.  Hey.  I was depressed.  

I had to.  I had to see what it was like to just give up and eat.  I had been dieting for years and was always hungry.

Finally I went through menopause and just lost it.  My hormones went wacko and I was tired and starving all the time.   And depressed to the point of suicide.  The only reason I did not kill myself was because I was so depressed I figured I was headed to hell or worse forever.

It was madness.  All hormones.  It wrecked my life for awhile.  But, I have an enormously sturdy constitution and I managed to find the way back to my formerly healthy life.  

It was a TRIP.  Let me tell you.  I forgot I was pretty. I forgot and did not CARE at all.  I saw who I really was.  It showed me I can do anything.

Anyway, to answer your question, I dropped weight so easily when I found the key (the right hormone) that I could not believe it.  I had to actually eat more than I wanted to keep the weight on.  I did not want to look like a Sharpei.  

I stopped craving sweets, meat, pasta, puddings etc and started using food as medicine.  I ate thinking is this going to cure me or clog my bowels up?

I never gained the weight back and that was 25 years ago.

So the most weight I lost unintentionally was the added 5 pounds here and there when I would get on the scale and think I lost a pound, it would wind up that I lost 6 pounds.  Because I had so much to melt off, eating normally again dropped the pounds, moving and going to the gym was an additional factor I had not counted on.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 13, 2019 9:50 PM MDT
      April 13, 2019 9:39 AM MDT

That is terrible!  What age does menopause begin?  I need to know so that I can shoot myself before it happens.
    But I'm very glad you beat it.  I don't think I could survive what you went through.
      April 13, 2019 9:53 AM MDT

Thank you, Natz, for reading that.  I want to let you know that I am seriously HERE for you.  I can make sure you do not have this happen.

This was almost three decades ago now.  We have come a long way, baby.  First of all, I was menopausing at a time where Estrogen and Progesterone were said to cause cancer so I would not touch it.  I WAS WRONG.  TOUCH it.  That was my big problem that set all the rest of it into overdrive.

I had no idea how to offset cravings.  I lived on Dexatrim.  Remember that stuff?  I HAD NO IDEA HOW OBNOXIOUS I WAS I could not shut up and I was addicted to it.  CAFFFEINE.  I was exhausted and skinny and had dark circles I needed to be tan to cover.  

I finally just caved and gave up.

So, eat foods that do not make you want more food.  Like a good protein that satisfies you like a hard boiled egg instead of a candy bar.

I lived on coffee. I have found better choices for you if you ever need to know.  HEALTHY ones.  

Let's see.  When the time comes you will be well-prepared and meanwhile you can ask me anything you want to and I will try and help.
      April 13, 2019 9:58 AM MDT

Thank you!  I wouldn't want to go through that hell alone.  
      April 13, 2019 10:17 AM MDT

• When I had a week-long flu in high school I lost several pounds. I don't remember the numbers, but it was too low. 
      April 13, 2019 9:42 AM MDT