Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Legal » If you identified a wanted criminal and the media wanted to interview you, would you allow your image and name to be released? ~

If you identified a wanted criminal and the media wanted to interview you, would you allow your image and name to be released? ~

Often in the news or on a true crime show, a tipster, witness, informant, etc., will gleefully yammer away on camera with his or her name emblazoned across the screen, it makes me wonder if they've thought out the potentially bad consequences of the criminal and/or the criminal's associates showing up one day seeking revenge.

Posted - May 6, 2019

Responses

Guess.  
      May 7, 2019 1:32 AM MDT

I might be blonde ,but I'm not stewpid ....:( 

You can't do it by phone because of voice recognition,you can't do it by letter because of DNA traces....big brother is watching you and it's here to stay and getting worse by the day...:(
      May 7, 2019 3:10 AM MDT

UK is nice that way is it not?
      May 13, 2019 12:36 PM MDT

I would say it's the same the whole world over virtually....
    They say that the English people are  the most spied upon people in the world...
    There is no such thing as a safe pass word that you use for your internet banking ,e.mail or anything you use one for on or over the internet....Every thing is excessible to the Internet provides and obviously Big Brother. This post was edited by Nice Jugs at May 13, 2019 10:00 PM MDT
      May 13, 2019 2:03 PM MDT

Austria and other places have severe restrictions on said activities.  We are more heavily armed and just as safe if not safer........
      May 13, 2019 5:41 PM MDT

I can only agree.....Politicians love fear as it lets them introduce big brother devices on the premises it's all being done to protect us...
    In England we can't pick our noses in public without someone watching.....
    We now have things like Amazon echo and so many things like voice activated TV's that listen constantly to our voices.....
    How soon with it be before  we are compelled  to have government spy devices in all our homes if we dont have the  already......
      May 13, 2019 9:57 PM MDT

That would be a nay, nay. 
      May 7, 2019 6:23 AM MDT

no, i would want to be anonornous so noone cornes after rne
      May 12, 2019 4:37 PM MDT

I would not want my image released, or even any mention of me.  No upside however there is plenty of downside
      May 13, 2019 12:37 PM MDT

NO, but that would not stop it.  I'm sure I would be needlessly harassed until I regretted offering help.  
      May 13, 2019 12:38 PM MDT

• No. To begin with, I wouldn't even identify the criminal, let alone allow myself to be interviewed, the consequences of which can be not merely "bad" as you put it, but plain horrific. 
      May 15, 2019 3:00 AM MDT