Active Now

Flint Ironstag
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Recreation » Do you have a high powered weapon? I have a blender, it has twelve speeds. Kind of a big deal.

Do you have a high powered weapon? I have a blender, it has twelve speeds. Kind of a big deal.

Posted - May 7, 2019

Responses

• I'll need to have my attorney look over that paperwork before I agree to anything. 
      May 7, 2019 8:59 PM MDT

There you go again.  Try contributing your own answer and not nag anyone else and troll them?  
      May 8, 2019 12:50 AM MDT

I have 2 nail guns - one is powered by a compressor the other one is a concrete nail gun powered by a  22 caliber blank cartridge plus I have a chain saw. Cheers!
      May 7, 2019 8:38 PM MDT

• Cheers, I’m putting you on my wizard hunting team ;)
      May 7, 2019 8:40 PM MDT

• You're an animal! 
      May 7, 2019 8:40 PM MDT

No if I was an animal I would of counted my riding lawn mower as a high powered weapon. Cheers!
      May 7, 2019 8:48 PM MDT

• Lol, true. That definitely crosses the line. 
      May 7, 2019 8:51 PM MDT

Did you read "Misery" by Stephen King.  The crazy lady in it actually does use her mower as a weapon.  I was so disappointed when they did not put it in the movie. :(
      May 8, 2019 9:30 AM MDT

Oh my GOD. We just bonded.  COULD YOU EVER IMAGINE THAT STORY?  COULD YOU IMAGINE YOU IN THAT BED?  I would kill myself before I would spend a minute with her.  OH GOD. LOL 
      May 8, 2019 9:32 AM MDT

King is awesome. I had tried to read some of his stuff before but IT was just too many smaller stories within that eventually did come together...I just could not get into his style. But in high school I needed a book for a report and that was the only one I could find.  The teacher told me he was a big fan.....so I had to really read it not just skim it. After that I was hooked. 
      May 8, 2019 9:38 AM MDT

I got hooked on his first book that was famous, I cannot even think of the name right now.  But it was a group of the most unique, chilling, extraordinary short stories I have ever read.  Horror or otherwise.  

He was masterful in his portrayal of a scene.  Back then he was one-of-a-kind.  This was about 1975.  I was astonished that he could make horror that unique.  I was not a huge horror fan, but I had seen and read enough of it, that I got bored with the genre.  Just a lot of ghosts and killers.  Nothing new.  But then King comes along and shows us the horror of the every day life we all lead and what can happen if just one thing goes WRONG.  

After Misery, I think he started to go downhill.  I don't like it when he goes into too much fantasy.  I like when he makes the real unreal.  But he is and was a master storyteller for sure.  

APT PUPIL?  That short story was in his early works.  OH MY GOD. To this day, it hits the pit of my stomach.  The story, not the movie, which I did not watch.  

May 8, 2019 9:47 AM MDT

• I did read it and yes, the movie was a lot more tame. I was a bit disappointed by some of the changes as well but I guess that's how it goes with adaptations.

Stephen King is brilliant. Personally, I thought they did a good job with the new IT movie and I'm looking forward to seeing Pet Sematary.
      May 8, 2019 9:50 AM MDT

Yes, the book is always better. I was trying to explain that to my son the other day. He does not believe me. 

I have not watched any of the new movies. 
      May 8, 2019 9:57 AM MDT

Reminds me of No Country for Old Men.  Cheers!

A captive bolt pistol or gun (also variously known as a cattle gun, stunbolt gun, bolt gun, or stunner) is a device used for stunning animals prior to slaughter.

The goal of captive bolt stunning is to inflict a forceful strike on the forehead with the bolt in order to induce unconsciousness. The bolt may or may not destroy part of the brain.

The bolt consists of a heavy rod made of corrosion-resistant alloys, such as stainless steel. It is held in position inside the barrel of the stunner by means of rubber washers. The bolt is usually not visible in a stunner in good condition. The bolt is actuated by a trigger pull and is propelled forward by compressed air, spring mechanism, or by the discharge of a blank round ignited by a firing pin. After striking a shallow but forceful blow on the forehead of the animal, spring tension causes the bolt to recoil back into the barrel.

The captive bolt pistol was invented in 1903 by Dr. Hugo Heiss, former director of a slaughterhouse in Straubing, Germany.[1]

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 8, 2019 9:49 AM MDT
      May 8, 2019 9:39 AM MDT

• and if you ever find yourself with no electricity you could smash the glass and stab someone with it 
      May 7, 2019 9:32 PM MDT

• Exactly, I like the way you think. 
      May 7, 2019 9:37 PM MDT

You guys would be AWESOME neighbors in a neighborhood watch situation.  Thinking on your feet like that?  That's the kind of mindset we need in this country of NO GUNS.  We don't need no stinkin guns.  
      May 8, 2019 9:50 AM MDT

...  We need blowguns!
      May 8, 2019 3:26 PM MDT

With enough product profiling you can get quite amazing results.
    I have never used more than one speed.
      May 7, 2019 11:13 PM MDT

• Are you saying I should do blender commercials? 
      May 8, 2019 8:07 AM MDT

My mind.
    I've rarely needed to use it as a weapon, but when I did it worked.
      May 7, 2019 11:49 PM MDT

• Smart lady :)

I have a Kirby vacuum cleaner.  It is the Rolls Royce of vacuums.  Top of the line.  The best.  Makes Hoover look like dollar store merchandise.  

May 8, 2019 12:55 AM MDT

Over priced and so heavy...you can pick a second hand one up for next to nothing here in England...they do suck though ,but take up to much cupboard space ,plus our home has three  floors and a cellar ....the one my parents had almost weighed as much as me....:( 
      May 8, 2019 3:08 AM MDT

It sounds like you have an outdated piece of junk.