Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » My mom is christian. Is there christians in your family too ?

My mom is christian. Is there christians in your family too ?

My mom is evangelical. She believes in jesus and she gather with others christians to pray and share the words too. 

Posted - May 18, 2019

Responses

Yes, myself included.
      May 18, 2019 5:01 PM MDT

no, irn the only one
      May 18, 2019 5:29 PM MDT

My entire family are Christians - including myself.
      May 18, 2019 6:02 PM MDT

thats good. we are well surrounded :-)
      May 18, 2019 6:05 PM MDT

• My immediate family are all atheist. There are quite a few Christians in my extended family. 
      May 18, 2019 6:07 PM MDT

I am not 
    religious
    and connected to the Christian Religion.
    But Jesus is one of my teachers,
    One of the greatest teachers in the whole of the world,
    One of my most beloved teachers.
    Christ Consciousness is within Each of us.
    I have been with Jesus on the Astral plane of Consciousness.
    He has talked with me
    and I have talked with Him.
    He has healed me of many physical conditions.
    He is a great Healer, a great teacher of Love and Compassion.
    And all people that hold him within their hearts
    are blessed.

May 18, 2019 6:25 PM MDT

No,thank god ,we are just devout heathens.   :(   
      May 18, 2019 6:42 PM MDT

And which god might you be thanking for that?
      May 18, 2019 7:32 PM MDT

The man made imagiineary one of course.....is there and other ? 
      May 18, 2019 7:50 PM MDT

Does this you imagine this god also?
      May 19, 2019 5:45 AM MDT

Fraid knot......I don't believe in Fairies either.....:( 
      May 19, 2019 1:00 PM MDT

Well of course there is.
      May 19, 2019 12:28 PM MDT

I've never seen it.....and I can't say him or her as it can't be human and it can't be a very nice thing either allowing all the killings in the world  that goes on in it's name....:( 
      May 19, 2019 12:58 PM MDT

Well you won't unless He decides to appear in your visual field in a way that your eyes can interpret His presence.

And, unless you come to understand that suffering (like His Son's death on the cross) has an important role in the "economy of salvation," you cannot really logically complain that He (or it) cannot be a "very nice thing."
      May 20, 2019 4:12 PM MDT

For all you know "it" might be like a bit of jelly then...with the countless trillions of planets out there ,who could possible say what it looked like.....
    I wonder where it lived before the Big Bang created  everything.. .?
      May 20, 2019 4:56 PM MDT

Another thing....if thingy thing never dies and has always been there , why did it need to reproduce and why did it resemble humans and not a dog ?  
    Did god have a legal wife and where did they get married if church's weren't invented...?
      May 20, 2019 5:04 PM MDT

Predicating changing and limited forms of beings and objects as representative of the God that Christians believe in is like trying to split an atom with a chisel and a hammer.

Opposites attract at the normal daily human level, but the laws of attraction and repulsion are different at the subatomic level.
    If you bring that chisel and hammer that works so well in the ordinary grade school physics class and try to use it to understand quantum physics, you will be SOL.

May 21, 2019 2:57 PM MDT

Is there Christians Are there Christians

Not in my family. We are Jewish, 100% Grade A kosher, although my wife studied with a rabbi for a year and then converted ftom Christianity before we were married. This post was edited by Stu Spelling Bee at June 17, 2019 12:56 PM MDT
      May 18, 2019 7:38 PM MDT

Yes I am a Christian. 
      May 18, 2019 7:42 PM MDT

My immediate family is Jewish.  Only one of my sisters married a Jewish man.  The other two married Christians.  All of their children married Christians.  All but two of their children were baptized.  
      May 19, 2019 12:19 AM MDT

• One of my father's cousins married an American Christian. I think she still is a devout Hindu. 
      May 19, 2019 3:40 AM MDT

I believe that Jesus Christ is God. I also believe that Krishna, Buddah, Allah, and Yaweh are also God.  I am the Christians' worst nightmare.
      May 19, 2019 6:36 AM MDT

I have some in my family.  My mom is an evangelical Christian.  Every Sunday morning she goes to a church that offers an authentic Christian experience.  I'm not exactly sure what that is in English.  Maybe her church's marketing department can offer a good translation.  My uncle (mom's brother) is a real hardcore Christian who thinks we should replace the USA constitution and government with a Christian theocracy. This post was edited by Livvie at May 19, 2019 2:05 PM MDT
      May 19, 2019 2:03 PM MDT

Q "My mom is christian. Is there christians in your family too ?
    My mom is evangelical. She believes in jesus and she gather with others christians to pray and share the words too."
    ========================================================================

1. It depends on what you mean by Christian. Catholics, Calvinists and Mormons are just three of the thousands of faith groups who claim to be Christian.

2. If by Christian you mean a believer in and follower of the beliefs, practices and teachings of Jesus the Christ as depicted in the Gospels then one can claim that Muslims are by far the best Christians about. If Jesus and his mother were to look at the practices and dress codes of all the faith communities that believe in Jesus today they are most likely to feel at home among devout Muslims.

3. Below are just a few facts to back up the claim. References are given for anyone wanting to check them up. If you find the claim true and you like what is true then you might want to accept that Muslims do have a valid claim.

3.1 Jesus uses the word God quite often but he never used it to refer to himself. Whenever he used the word God he always referred to the heavenly Father. For example, in John 17:3, Jesus acknowledges the heavenly Father to be "the ONLY true God" Muslims are the largest faith group to believe that. Most other Christian faith groups insist that the Father is NOT the only true God.

3.2 Jesus never used the word God to refer to himself or the Holy Spirit neither did he ever worship either or teach anyone to regard either of them as God. Muslims fully accept that, but most other Christian faith groups reject that. They insist that not only is the Holy Spirit fully God but that Jesus himself is fully God too.

3.3 Jesus almost always calls himself son of man [over 80 times in the Gospels] and although he never used the word God to refer to himself he did use the word prophet for himself, for example, in Matthew 13:57, Mark 6:4, Luke 4:24 and John 4:44. Jesus also repeatedly says that he had been sent by God thus making him a servant and messenger of God. Muslims are the only major faith group that regards Jesus as a servant of God and His prophet and messenger. Most other Christian faith groups insist that Jesus is the only son of God and is, at the same time, God Himself.

3.4 Jesus practiced and taught full submission to God like Muslims do. Jesus said that his food was to do the will of God [John 4:34] and urged his followers to do likewise by saying, “For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother” [Matthew 12:50] Jesus taught his followers [Luke 11:2-4] to pray for the will of God to be done on earth as it is in heaven. Jesus said in Luke 4:43 that he wanted to establish the kingdom of God. In the kingdom of God all would, of course, live by the laws of God. Jesus warns his followers not to break even the smallest law of God. In Matthew 5:19 he warns that “Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven” adding that "unless your righteousness is better than the righteousness of the teachers of religious law and the Pharisees, you will never enter the Kingdom of Heaven!" Muslims fully agree that it is better if we let God's laws govern life. Almost all other Christian faith groups insist that the law applied under what they call the Old Testament and that it is no longer applicable under what they consider to be the New Testament.

3.5 The scripture Jesus followed and taught from makes it clear that God can and did forgive without the need for shedding blood, for example Isaiah 1:11, Numbers 31:50 and Leviticus 5:11. In his parable of the prodigal son which reflects God's promise in Ezekiel 18:21-22 Jesus taught of a God who is keen and ever ready to forgive. Jesus tells his followers to turn to God for forgiveness whenever they fall short of the righteousness expected of them and teaches them to say to God, "forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us". Jesus pronounced to people the forgiveness of their sins, for example, Luke 5:20, Luke 7:48, Mark 2:5. Muslims teach of a very forgiving and merciful God who forgave Adam his sin, but Christians teach of a vengeful God who must exact punishment or the price for sin.

3.6 In the scripture Jesus followed and taught from, God promises, for example at Ezekiel 18:20, that sins are not transferable. Neither will fathers be accountable for the sins of their children nor will children be accountable for the sins of their parents. No one carries the sins of Adam and Jesus never taught that people are born with the “original sin”. Muslims are in full accord with that but Christians insist that none is sinless and all are born carrying the sin of Adam and that Jesus came to transfer all the sins onto himself.

3.7 Jesus never taught that because Adam was a perfect, sinless man then on a like for like basis the sacrifice to atone for Adam’s sin, which everyone carries, must be a perfect man. It is not part of the teachings of Jesus that since humans cannot beget a sinless man God, through His intense love for the world, sent His only begotten son to be the sinless human sacrifice. Muslims reject the idea of human sacrifice and consider it to be Pagan. Christians insist that if you don’t believe that Jesus was the perfect human sacrifice who died for your sins then you will definitely die in your sins.

June 14, 2019 4:45 AM MDT