Discussion » Questions » Transportation » What are the various factors taken into consideration when determining speed limits on streets, roads, highways, etc.? ~

What are the various factors taken into consideration when determining speed limits on streets, roads, highways, etc.? ~

Posted - May 19, 2019

Responses

The most important one is the police fabricating how fast you were going so they can keep the money from the fines....
    How is it called a police force when those that police us run thier service like one huge monopolized profit making business......
    How is it ever possible or legal for a police force to make money.....

In England every single police force is a registered company ......we are policed by local government proffessiona highly experienced thieves... 
      May 19, 2019 2:35 AM MDT

What country are we in, first of all?  

In Mexico, very little consideration.  In America, too much sometimes.  We have the STUPIDEST traffic lights imaginable in Sun City.  In the middle of the slowest street in town they have all these warning lights telling you when you pass the 35 mph speed limit.  And there is never any cop to enforce any laws.  Unless it is for something really stupid.  
      May 19, 2019 7:35 AM MDT

Shouldn't the maximum there be 15MPH? After all, most of the residents use walkers.
      May 19, 2019 11:05 AM MDT

* Safety (drivers, pedestrians, residents, etc.) 
    * Contour of roadway (ie. curve angles)
    * "Normal" speed/flow of traffic
    * Public input
      May 19, 2019 9:47 AM MDT

One important factor in determining speed limits is alliteration.  Fifty-five just sounds cooler to people that decide speed limits than a nice sixty or seventy.  

Another important factor is how well the number rhymes with safety slogans that appear on variable message signs.  Sixty doesn't really rhyme with anything so they need to make it something like 45 in that never-ending construction zone where nobody's working just so the department that makes up rhyming slogans for road signs has a number that rhymes with "alive".

I'm pretty sure I'm right about this.
      May 19, 2019 1:44 PM MDT

I told the judge that you weren't ready to be released from the cabbage factory, but you had slipped money under the table to pay off the shrinks.  They testified as expert witnesses, and no one listened to me.

The good thing is that your room is still ready for you. It's always ready for you.

~

May 19, 2019 2:47 PM MDT

Umm, Randy, lying to the judge to have the star witness against you locked up is a pretty serious offense but don't worry, I'll tell them to give you the cell with the best view.

May 19, 2019 5:05 PM MDT

Er, um, I was not on trial, you were.  Remember?

~
      May 19, 2019 6:21 PM MDT

You tried to have me locked up to prevent me from showing the internal affairs division of the grammar police the incriminating video I have of you with the Russian mobsters in that back alley.  You were plotting to smuggle Йs by passing them off as Ñs, remember that?

Do you know what they do to grammar cops in prison?  I don't know but I heard it involves hyphens and it's not pretty. 
      May 20, 2019 11:39 AM MDT

Let's work something out, you and I.  Shhhhhhhhh . . .

~

~

May 21, 2019 12:11 AM MDT

what the safe lirnit is to go
      May 19, 2019 2:41 PM MDT