Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Has anyone done anything nice for you, asking only that you "pay it forward?" Did you?

Has anyone done anything nice for you, asking only that you "pay it forward?" Did you?

Posted - May 19, 2019

Responses

they probably have but i cant rernernber exactly what it was
      May 19, 2019 4:24 PM MDT

Lots of people do nice things for me but none have ever asked me to pay it forward.

But, in general principle, I try to live that way anyway (And I did even before that expression became popular and before that HORRIBLE-to-me movie became popular. To me, that movie just was BANGING its maudlin moral on my head for the whole darn movie. Subtlety goes a long way with me sometimes and that movie needed some subtlety to me. Sorry -- again, like "Forrest Gump," I'm one of the very few people in the world who did not like that movie, ha! )
    :)
      May 19, 2019 6:56 PM MDT

Yep. I was slightly short at the check out one time and the stranger behind me donated the difference.
    I've done it for others many times since then.

Kindness is catching.
      May 19, 2019 7:41 PM MDT

What does that mean please?   I guess yet another expression young people use that I have never heard.  Forgive me for not being up on the latest slang. 
      May 19, 2019 7:45 PM MDT