Active Now

Shuhak
Element 99
Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Traditions » Married people (or previously married), do you (did you) ever take off your wedding band and/or engagement band? ~

Married people (or previously married), do you (did you) ever take off your wedding band and/or engagement band? ~

For those of you divorced or widowed, I'm only referring to the time period while you were married.  Thank you.

Posted - May 27, 2019

Responses

I took it off while I was separated... I would suspect that falls under your divorced, etc. category however. 
      May 27, 2019 12:25 PM MDT

I was allergic to my first wedding band. I think I wore it for a week or more before my supervisor at work saw what it was doing to my finger and insisted I take it off. I don't recall how long I went without one after that. Maybe a week or two. 

I was also required to take it off for my c-sections. 

Toward the end of my marriage, I took it off and tossed it in cleaning solution and left it there. I don't think I wore it the last year or so we were together. 
      May 27, 2019 1:07 PM MDT

I wear no rings or jewelry and will never get married.....And before you start on again,I'm only answering to annoy you , I get bored easily and enjoy doing it....:)
    Just so you know...:)    
      May 27, 2019 1:50 PM MDT

Only to go in the hospital for childbirth.  I lost it once and that was one of the worse days of my life.  I had been grocery shopping and was back home and everything put away when I realized it was gone.  I looked everywhere and retraced all of my steps to no avail.  That night when I went to the kitchen to make dinner I got the lettuce keeper out and when I took the top off there was my ring.  It obviously slipped off when I washed the head and put it into the keeper.  Hubs never knew until I had already found it. 
      May 27, 2019 9:35 PM MDT

worse worst days
      May 27, 2019 9:44 PM MDT

I work in a physical and dirty job. I would deform it and get paint etc stuck on it. I wear it on weekends. My husband and myself work together, he also only wears his on weekends. 

We are also not our second set because of work. We learned. 
      May 28, 2019 5:10 AM MDT

• Never took it off, because I never put one on in the first place. 
      May 29, 2019 3:47 AM MDT

Then you're neither a married person nor a previously married person . . .
      May 29, 2019 5:42 AM MDT

• Nor wanting to get married. 
      May 29, 2019 7:30 AM MDT

I do not wear any rings on my fingers---never did all my life.  My wedding ring is in our safe deposit box.  I do not like wearing rings on my fingers (not sure why); but for sure, the joint on my little finger gets irritated by the position a ring takes on my ring finger.
      May 29, 2019 1:17 PM MDT

• just to wash my hands when they're feeling extra dirty. sometimes when im mad i take it off because I'm petty af 
      May 29, 2019 1:31 PM MDT

We have never worn them since our ceremony.  Actually that is not true - I think my husband occasionally wears his.  He says very occasionally. 
      May 30, 2019 8:30 PM MDT