Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » What's the best meal delivery service?

What's the best meal delivery service?

I've had a bunch of bad luck with Grubhub. My order is wrong just about every time. Last time, they forgot an entire meal for one of my kids. When I complained, they didn't even ask me what I wanted done- they just issued a refund. I was like, "That's great, but my kid has no food. You didn't solve the problem."

I tried out Postmates because they had a free delivery deal going. After I put everything together and collected orders from everyone, I realized they charge a "service fee" separately; a portion of the amount of each item. In that case, the service fee was over $30. Insane. 

I also tried out UberEats, but have had issues with errors and getting refunds for missed items there too.

Which food delivery services have you tried and are any of them better than the others?

Posted - May 29, 2019

Responses

• doordash is my fav. it has the least inflated prices (here anyway) lowest delivery fees, and fastest times. and I've never had any errors with them. I also work in a restaurant that delivers through the doordash and the drivers are always the friendliest and the most thorough in terms of making sure all the items are included. 
      May 29, 2019 12:19 PM MDT

I live in an area where just about any place I would want to eat is within ten minutes from my home.
      May 29, 2019 12:26 PM MDT

I don't order food to be delivered.  I either bring it in with me or make something myself.
      May 29, 2019 12:44 PM MDT

There was a clip on TV recently of a delivery person from one of the services taking a sip from the straw of a drink he was delivering.  I think I will continue to pick up my own "to go" orders as I always have. This post was edited by tom jackson at June 5, 2019 3:32 AM MDT
      May 29, 2019 12:52 PM MDT

None available where I live. I have used GrubHub once when traveling. They got it correct. 
      May 29, 2019 12:56 PM MDT

The best delivery company I have come across sweety is Me.
    And even I get it wrong, apparently.

Depending on how far you live from a grocery store and how much you care about how you look to others in your community, you do have other options.

My best is brushing my hair and teeth, of course, throwing on some lipstick, leggies, a tank-top, or t-shirt, sweatshirt... Hell, any clothes that are clean and grabbable!
    Slip on some slip-on shoes and to the store you run!*
    Grab an already cooked chicken.  If you calculate it out, it is as much money as if you cooked it yourself and less time and mess.  If you don't eat meat, there are some options at the deli. Buy a loaf of french bread, a vegetable salad already made, (broccoli is my fave! :)) and a fruit salad.  Wiz by the frozen food section. Pick up a couple of stouffers and Marie Calendars, (in case this emergency arises tomorrow,) definitely enough, and java chip ice cream for dessert on ANY occasion.  On your way to the check out line, travel throughout the liquor section, swoop up a Box of wine. ;) Giggles;) Not just a bottle of wine... A box of "won't give me a hangover" type. This is always good to have on-sight (your house) for any and all occasions that do arise on this site. :) ;). Now, turn your full cart of love and sanity to the front of the building and jump in line.
    By the time you are done checking out, you have matched, if not beat, a delivery person to get to your front door.

Taa-Daa!
    And you've thought ahead for any night to follow!!!

Then again, if you have a child old enough to drive......
    Big Winks and Smiles!!! This post was edited by Merlin at June 5, 2019 3:32 AM MDT
      May 29, 2019 3:34 PM MDT

i dont use thern
      May 29, 2019 3:39 PM MDT

I’ve never used any of the new-fangled food delivery service options. Ordering pizza is the extent of my experience, and it’s been about a decade since  last time I did that. (Over two decades ago, I even worked for one.)

~

This post was edited by Randy D at June 3, 2019 8:11 PM MDT
      June 3, 2019 6:39 AM MDT

...new-dangled...? It sounds funny.
      June 3, 2019 7:53 AM MDT

June 3, 2019 8:15 PM MDT

I kind of like the newly-dangled idea.  Then again, it would be considered a tease in my book.  I know how you men like to tangle tempation.  I'm old.  Remember? ;) :)
      June 4, 2019 2:06 PM MDT

• Fresh n' Lean ..Ionic Performance This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at June 4, 2019 2:07 PM MDT
      June 3, 2019 5:46 PM MDT

Agreed.  A bit of flesh is enjoyable too.  Just a bit to grip on to.  Not too much but enough to draw in.
      June 4, 2019 2:08 PM MDT

• On ya Merlin. That's for play too:)
      June 4, 2019 2:16 PM MDT

I'm drooling.....
    Don't tempt me to go on.  For, the depth of preception that I can bring on 
    would be worth not grinding
    but defintely desiring 

Giggles and Hugs! This post was edited by Merlin at June 7, 2019 8:41 PM MDT
      June 4, 2019 2:18 PM MDT

Cosmic~ I forgot about adultmug. :)
    I will refrain and go there
    with my play on words if I so dare.
    :):) 
      June 4, 2019 2:22 PM MDT

Surely it must be "Meals on Wheels" or sometimes also called Fast Foods ,so long as  roller skaters are not delivering it...:)
      June 4, 2019 2:24 PM MDT

A&W used to have ladies on rollerskates, serving at the drive-ins.  It was awesome!
    I learned how to drink from a straw at A&W Drive-in movies!
    Suck not blow.  That is what my parents always told me.
    It was hard to do with the 2 balls of ice cream in my mug.
    But, I did it!
    Hence, a now current Merlin able to drink through a straw without the ice cream balls coming through.
    The trials and tribulations.

;) :)  

This post was edited by Merlin at June 4, 2019 2:35 PM MDT
      June 4, 2019 2:29 PM MDT

I can only imagine.....how old was you. .?
      June 4, 2019 2:31 PM MDT

When I was there with my parents? about 5 or 6.
    It was the first A&W Rootbeer float I ever had.  It was my mom's birthday and it was all my parents could afford.
    When I was 11 or 12, I graduated to Farrells.  A big-time fun ice cream parolar that had people come over and sing to you in funny hats and great outfits, in harmony, and an old piano.  
    There, I got a banana split.
    It was too big to eat by myself. My family and I tried and tried but we couldn't finish it and  I tried to take in home.
    My parents allowed me to try.
    When I got home and my sister and I were in bed, my parents put it in the freezer. 
    I never did get to eat the rest of it because I'm sure it was freezer burned.

This post was edited by Merlin at June 5, 2019 3:20 AM MDT
      June 4, 2019 2:40 PM MDT

That must have been kind of heart breaking...:( 
      June 5, 2019 3:20 AM MDT

https://buyersguide.org/meal-delivery?msclkid=fd01f376c88b1cd861ddaf81443f1c61&m=p&d=c&c=73186318929185&oid=kwd-73186534038131:loc-190&qs=best%20food%20delivery%20services%20in%20arizona&lp=78452&li=4083&nw=o&nts=1&tdid=6222437
      June 5, 2019 3:37 AM MDT

Good experiences over the years with pizza and Chinese food deliveries. Bad experience with a startup meal delivery service that in the late sixties - their menu was extensive, but my order was received incomplete, and the response was the rest would be delivered 'if the delivery person could fit it in with the other deliveries'! The service didn't last long, nor should it have with their unconscionable attitude.
      September 7, 2019 7:37 AM MDT