Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » THERE'S A LOT OF COUNTRIES AROUND THE WORLD. GUESS WHO IS THE ONLY COUNTRY TO PULL OUT OF THE CLIMATE ALLIANCE?

THERE'S A LOT OF COUNTRIES AROUND THE WORLD. GUESS WHO IS THE ONLY COUNTRY TO PULL OUT OF THE CLIMATE ALLIANCE?

Posted - June 5, 2019

Responses

You should always speak your mind. You have just as much a right to an opinion as any of the rest of us. And there is never a need for you to apologize for having one. 

From what I have understand of the agreement it simply comes down to each country makes a goal and a pledge to pay. No country is obligated to reach their goal or even attempt to reach it.  
      June 5, 2019 6:48 PM MDT

Hey, I'm signing off for a while, my2cents -- thanks again for adding to my answer.
    :)
      June 5, 2019 6:44 PM MDT

Exactly Welby. :)  I am a perfect example. 
    You HAVE made an incredible difference in my life.  I have come here, looking forward to seeing you here.  I have thought about things you have said and incorporated them into my life. 
    I have listened to your music and learned things.
    All of these things are important to me.  In a good way, you have changed me.
    See?
    One person at a time.  Please remember that you ARE worth it and your message is clear.
    It's all in a good format of being.
    :) :)
      June 5, 2019 6:26 PM MDT

Thank you, Merlin, thank you. My mind is blown with what you've said. I think I need to sit back a bit and let myself settle. When some others on the site have said some similar things, now and then, like you've just now said to me - - it surprises me every time. But I'm deeply humbled.
    Thanks, Be Well
      June 5, 2019 6:43 PM MDT

Thanks so much again, a day later from me, Merlin.
      June 6, 2019 8:26 AM MDT

Any day is a good day Welby.  Hugs and Loves :) :)
      June 6, 2019 8:28 AM MDT

Thanks.
    I'm off to work now.
      June 6, 2019 8:30 AM MDT

The USA, under Trump, backed out of the Paris Climate Agreement.
    He knows the USA contributes the highest per capita output of greenhouse gases. 
    He doesn't understand the scientific or economic arguments as to why the switch to renewables will prove not only less expensive but more profitable.
    If renewables are phased in between now and the next twelve years - everybody benefits - even the energy companies since they all have investments in renewable technologies.
    Miners of coal, oil and gas retrain in solar voltaic, solar hot water and windmill installation and maintenance.
    Lumbar men become plantation timber growers and managers.
    etc.
      June 5, 2019 8:20 PM MDT

The Climate Alliance is an American alliance among governors.  I suppose you are talking about the Paris Accord.    Yes, Trump has promised to exit at the first legal opportunity which will be in 2020.  I support that move.
      June 5, 2019 8:20 PM MDT

Grammar 101

The contraction there's = there + is, which means that the noun that follows must be in singular form.  However, if that's not the case, if the noun is in plural form, then the verb changes to "are" instead of "is".  Example: there are.  The appropriate  contraction, if chosen to use one, is there're, or there + are.

Without using either contraction shown above . . . 

There is a lot of countries
    There are a lot of countries

You're welcome. 
      June 5, 2019 10:40 PM MDT

It took you long enough to catch this one. Dang...you dare correct Sharon? Stand by, bro.
      June 5, 2019 10:44 PM MDT

I do it all the time, and she does the same with me. You are right, though; she'll hit the roof when she reads my post. 

(See, this is why I missed her so much when she was away recently.)
    ~
      June 5, 2019 10:54 PM MDT