Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » THERE'S A LOT OF COUNTRIES AROUND THE WORLD. GUESS WHO IS THE ONLY COUNTRY TO PULL OUT OF THE CLIMATE ALLIANCE?

THERE'S A LOT OF COUNTRIES AROUND THE WORLD. GUESS WHO IS THE ONLY COUNTRY TO PULL OUT OF THE CLIMATE ALLIANCE?

Posted - June 5, 2019

Responses

That would be the USA.

Do you know which country was expected to PAY the most to the Climate Fund?  
      June 5, 2019 12:46 PM MDT

That would be what Trump told you.  What EVER he says.  

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 5, 2019 6:01 PM MDT
      June 5, 2019 1:54 PM MDT

No that is what Obama told me. Google it. The US was expected to pay $3B twice a much as the next highest country (Japan)
      June 5, 2019 2:06 PM MDT

I put Japan down as my answer and then deleted it! Still, I would bank on you on you and not me. :)
      June 5, 2019 5:50 PM MDT

Yup. Not to mention the fact that the Obama administration ended up shipping $1 billion in taxpayer dollars to what is called the Green Climate Fund without authorization from Congress. :)
      June 8, 2019 2:12 PM MDT

You are one of the reasons I come here for policital and worldly news. I'm not a gambler; but, I am banking on you to be right!
    You normally are. :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at June 5, 2019 10:57 PM MDT
      June 5, 2019 4:29 PM MDT

Thank you. :)
      June 5, 2019 5:37 PM MDT

Hmm, no response whatsoever from any peanut gallery about King Messiah Obama having supplied the information.  I guess being faced with anything that contradicts one's agenda is disheartening. 

___
      June 5, 2019 11:00 PM MDT

hi Randy D.
    :)

This peanut never considered Obama a king nor a messiah.

My thought (no agenda) is that I simply disagree with the USA completely pulling out of such agreements.

June 6, 2019 8:30 AM MDT

Russia never joined.
      June 5, 2019 3:26 PM MDT

Pulling out hasn't worked out for Chump since he has kids. Nothing has improved since then.
      June 5, 2019 4:31 PM MDT

The one that pollutes the most and that effects the least...:( 
      June 5, 2019 4:56 PM MDT

China??? 
      June 5, 2019 5:39 PM MDT

Every industrial nation ,plastic waste will be the damnation of the world when we are forced to eat it in our food stuffs... 
      June 5, 2019 5:50 PM MDT

Your post said "the one that pollutes the most...."  That is China. 

Yes, we should recycle our plastic. 
      June 7, 2019 6:03 AM MDT

I was thinking of China, too....
      June 5, 2019 5:51 PM MDT

England sends all out plastic crap to China to get rid of...China  has stoped taking it though...it gets sent to Poland as well...

We should all clean our own mess up and not pollute our neighbours 
      June 5, 2019 5:56 PM MDT

China did not pull out. But China is the biggest polluter by far. 
      June 5, 2019 6:20 PM MDT

Alright, I'm coming clean.
    My righteous answer was China.  Then, I hesitated and thought Japan.  I wrote Japan and then saw My2Cents had said US (And/or us or the US. However you would like to see it.)
    I figured My2Cents was right.
    So, I backed down.
    I'm a push-over and do rely on you guys to keep me posted. 
    Sad but true. If the world wasn't in such a castrophy, I wouldn't have to rely on you guys.  I would actually watch the news.  These days, I am afraid to even look at it.

Why don't we just throw over the governments that are NOT working for us or our countries?
    Most of us have stopped using these products that we know are bad for the environment?  Our kids who will inherit Earth will do according to how we show them.  I think we are on the right track.  We just need to remember.
    We the people Will and Do stand and CAN make a difference. This post was edited by Merlin at June 5, 2019 6:23 PM MDT
      June 5, 2019 5:57 PM MDT

Regardless if the USA was to pay the most, pulling completely out of the agreement is neither the right decision, nor the respectable decision nor an admirable decision nor a worldly-responsible decision. Perhaps talking things through with other people/countries rather than just grandstanding might have been an option? Oh, no, sorry, I forgot. The man can do no wrong.

EDIT: I admit I ain't no politician and I would not survive in that environment. I almost can't even comprehend a lot of what I see and hear.  Sometimes I just shake my head at it all.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at June 5, 2019 6:24 PM MDT
      June 5, 2019 5:59 PM MDT

Me too Welby... BUT, that is not right either.  We are the people who live on this planet and CAN and DO make a difference.
    One person at a time.  We do know what is right and wrong for this planet and each other.  
    You and I know we CAN and DO make a difference.  You, through your music and reliablity and friendship.
    Me through my crazy thoughts and words of encouragement.
    We ALL Do make a difference and THAT is what stands true.  We All Do in our own ways.
    We need to remember to bond together and take care of what we know is real. One person does make a differnce.  That is how the government rules. 
    We are what they rule and we can demand a change for the better.  They can't rule us if we don't agree with them. :) :) 

This post was edited by Merlin at June 5, 2019 6:24 PM MDT
      June 5, 2019 6:17 PM MDT

Yes, agreed,
    Thanks, Merlin.

I am often way too hard on myself. but deep down, I do know my goal is to be a loving and caring person in the world.
      June 5, 2019 6:21 PM MDT

We can and are lowering our emissions without pledging to give our money away. 
      June 5, 2019 6:25 PM MDT

Then, I think we may have done all that, too, without completely leaving the agreement. And maybe we could encourage other countries in discussing ways to limit pollution without huge money demands on each other. Simply pulling out was not the way in my opinion.

I admit I probably should have stayed out of the discussion.
    I'm in an angry frame of mind at the moment and the current president, I admit, is not a person I admire so much sometimes. In some ways, I know I am probably unfair to him in my mind.
    In other ways, I think I'm right-on-accurate.

But, thanks, though, my2cents.
      June 5, 2019 6:36 PM MDT