Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Slartibartfast
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » I feel like making more changes to my life, should I:

I feel like making more changes to my life, should I:

A) get married and have a baby or two. 

B) get a house plant 

C) change my hair colour

Posted - June 22, 2019

Responses

• You’re so smart, you always say the right thing. PUPPIES! 
      June 22, 2019 7:56 PM MDT

Try the house plant. If it dies you'll know you're not yet ready for husband and babies.

If it thrives, try nurturing a man for two and a half years. If you get past the phase of being in love to the point where you're great friends and each argument ends by understanding each other better, then you're ready for husband and babies.

But don't forget that those poor babies will have to face global warming, massive species extinctions, crises in global food production, refugees invading affluent countries by the millions, and governments at war and toppling. It's no world I would want to bring kids into.

Hair colour makes no difference to anything.
      June 22, 2019 9:49 PM MDT

• Hair colour kind of makes a difference Cos then get to change your whole wardrobe to work with your hair. Big change. 
      June 23, 2019 7:26 AM MDT

Nup.
    Other people can see the person beneath the clothes.
    Those changes might subjectively feel big just now, but they're totally superficial. Fashions come and go. Clothes get stained or wear out. They mean almost nothing.
    What makes the difference is our major decisions - our education and work, our choice of a life partner, where and how we live, our skills in human relationships and our character and actions. These factors make the long term cumulative differences that affect whether we are successful or not.
      June 23, 2019 7:38 AM MDT

Nup.
    Other people can see the person beneath the clothes.
    Those changes might subjectively feel big just now, but they're totally superficial. Fashions come and go. Clothes get stained or wear out. They mean almost nothing.
    What makes the difference is our major decisions - our education and work, our choice of a life partner, where and how we live, our skills in human relationships and our character and actions. These factors make the long term cumulative differences that affect whether we are successful or not.
      June 23, 2019 7:37 AM MDT

• Oh, maybe if I get a different hair cut too,  to go with my new colour that would help. 
      June 23, 2019 8:15 AM MDT

• Makes sense to me. 
      June 23, 2019 5:17 PM MDT

uhhh…. the marriage thing?  Don't do that one this week.  
      June 22, 2019 11:25 PM MDT

• But I was going to go to Walmart today and see if I could find my future husband. I was thinking I could look in sporting goods section. 
      June 23, 2019 7:27 AM MDT

I have a friend that thinks like that.  

I wonder how long she will last before they cart her off.  
      June 23, 2019 1:36 PM MDT

I am really late in joining this party.  Many of your good options have already been spoken. :) :)
    My weak and frivilous attempt to help in your dilemma is
    B and C.
    Get a house plant and color its leaves a rainbow of colors.
    :) :)
      June 23, 2019 12:39 PM MDT

On that note, I am signing off to plant some of my outdoor plants and clean the kitchen before the egg gets so stuck on the plates, I have to use the garden hose to get it off.
    Take Care my friends and enjoy each other and your Sunday!  Love, Merlin This post was edited by Merlin at June 23, 2019 1:14 PM MDT
      June 23, 2019 12:41 PM MDT

Me 2 now. Let's sign together.  
      June 23, 2019 1:37 PM MDT

Dang I am late to this party, sigh gasp and tears.  Now go with  B & C, you don't need a husband for kids. 

We will never get married again yet we have two kids.  Actually we were trying for one and ended up a bonus kid,   In finding a Chromosome Donor if Walmart is your only option - Don't do it.  Get mangy puppies instead
      June 24, 2019 11:47 AM MDT