Active Now

Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Politics » First she said the automatic solution to ALL the country's ills is a woman in the Oval Office. Today, she's grousing that gender doesn't

First she said the automatic solution to ALL the country's ills is a woman in the Oval Office. Today, she's grousing that gender doesn't

guarantee that a person's position on the issues will fall in line with the way she thinks.  Maybe she's finally learning?
~

Posted - July 1, 2019

Responses

We can all change our minds when new facts emerge or a side of someone that we hadn't seen before makes an appearance.  Several months ago, I would have said I would never vote for Kamala Harris because of her courting Al Sharpton's support.  At that point, I would have been inclined towards Biden, but after his poor performance at the debate and after seeing her strong performance, I would be more inclined to favor her over the others and, if she is the one to ultimately run against Trump, I would vote for her. This post was edited by SpunkySenior at July 1, 2019 11:37 PM MDT
      July 1, 2019 8:49 AM MDT

I don't think I've ever heard a person say they would vote for someone based strictly on a debate performance.  I have heard you say you vote party regardless who gets the nom.  Trump is the only president who showed his real colors in his campaign, in the debates, and in his office.  So-called debates don't really encourage genuineness; we can't even get the moderators to behave in an unbiased way.  Allowing the likes of Maddow to be involved in any way was tarnishing right off the bat last week.   Gosh, we have 16 more months of this stuff.   
      July 1, 2019 11:37 PM MDT

I have NEVER said I only vote along party lines.  I have voted Republican when I thought that was the better candidate. Trump was NOT the better candidate in my opinion.  I live in NYC, I know what he is and what he's like and I wouldn't vote for him if he was the candidate opposite Charles Manson.
      July 2, 2019 5:12 AM MDT

Aargh! I don't get it!
    So many women think things would be better if women were in power.
    BS!
    Women are no more or less fallible than men. 
    One leader alone does not determine the whole government.
    Many forces are continually at play.

But we need only look to history.
    Queen Elizabeth I was no better than other monarchs.
    The Prime Ministers Margaret Thatcher and Theresa May were no better than other PMs.

I think Chancellor Merkel in Germany has been brilliant - but then, so too are some male leaders.

I agree with equal opportunity - but only because it's better to be equal and ensure equal rights for all - not because one kind of human is inherently superior to another.
      July 1, 2019 7:05 PM MDT

Who Dat?
      July 2, 2019 6:54 AM MDT

Have no idea who you are referring to.  Oh I wish it were that easy!   I am proud to vote for women and sometimes I get the chance to do just that.  Unfortunately so many women try to be so "caring" that all they can think of doing is give give give.  Not realizing at all that in order to do that they have to first  take take take. 
      July 2, 2019 7:24 AM MDT

Who is "she" and why do you care what "she" thinks? 

In my opinion, 2020 isn't the time to insist that a woman be the nominee. Nor is it the time for Jacka$$ Joe. While he doesn't appear to be as much of a sexual assaulter as Donald Dump, we need someone who is above reproach when it comes to that. Not to mention that he's run and lost twice AND he declined to run in 2016, when he might have done some good. 

If it's going to be old white dude vs old white dude, we need to start feeling the Bern! 
      July 2, 2019 8:16 AM MDT