Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What are you most likely to win an award for? Sports, Photography, Music, Culinary arts, Science, Literature, Philanthropy, Beauty...

What are you most likely to win an award for? Sports, Photography, Music, Culinary arts, Science, Literature, Philanthropy, Beauty...

Posted - July 1, 2019

Responses

Sarcasm.
      July 1, 2019 3:54 PM MDT

:)
      July 1, 2019 8:00 PM MDT

Really !!!!!   :) 
      July 2, 2019 2:46 AM MDT

Once won an international competition for fractal art for a bas relief of the Julia Set constructed from A-grade plantation grown pine. The grain of the wood was used to enhance the pattern.

Recently I've been short-listed for poetry prizes. With continued practise, I might even win one day.
    It's not the winning that matters - but the prizes come with a bit of cash and guaranteed publication.
    Publication means the work gets spread and read.
      July 1, 2019 6:41 PM MDT

• I am of the firm opinion that the poetic voice of your work should echo and be heard from the organic pages of dry humble parchment to the zeros and ones of digital screens.  Your words resonate with all the rich tones of beautiful artistry, awe-inspiring intelligence, bold truths, an engaging personality, and love for earth and sky and all that inhabit them.  May the cup of all your endeavors runneth over with success, both externally, and more importantly internally.  Keep shining, blinding everyone with the light of you!  
      July 2, 2019 9:09 AM MDT

Thank you for the extravagant compliment, dear Twinkle.

Maybe I should post a few poems and scribbles in the blogs - almost self-publishing - maybe a few people might even read them - a way to test the waters.

I imagine that pole dancer photo was really you, or someone very like you.
    I imagine you are into many forms of creativity -  maybe gardening, cooking, maybe many kinds of dance and performance arts. I imagine that you would have a versatile voice for signing. I wonder what the real you is like - youngish, under 30 - lean, handsome, stratospheric gay, much loved, hunting the One-True-Love of his life. I wonder how near my guesses might be.
      July 2, 2019 10:55 AM MDT

• Coolest aunt, EVAR!
      July 1, 2019 7:13 PM MDT

I've won several for music performance (piano).

And I've heard I still hold some school records from middle and high school years in track -- a sprinter.
      July 1, 2019 7:59 PM MDT

Hello there Welby
    Hope you are well, and I certainly hope you are still hittin' the keys.
      July 1, 2019 9:03 PM MDT

Hi designer.
    Hanging in.
    And still hittin'.
      July 2, 2019 6:15 AM MDT

Being a right little pain in the butt to everyone....and i never ever discriminate .....:) 
      July 2, 2019 2:45 AM MDT

Not likely to win any "awards".  Really never considered myself in the running for any.  Which I guess I don't value as much as just living my life as happily as I am able to.  Awards are OK but I think there are better things in life. 
      July 2, 2019 6:59 AM MDT

• Officegirl, I agree with your take on awards.  Trophies generally just take up shelf and ego space, but I still wonder, is there something at which you personally feel you excel.  I've found quite often that most people possess a talent or at least a modicum of skill for something.  What do you feel is your specialty?
      July 2, 2019 8:42 AM MDT

I think we learn and develop skills because we need them to live our lives positively.  That I guess I see as their function which is enough.  They don't give out awards for living and enjoying life.  Nor should they.  The enjoyment is "award" enough!
      July 3, 2019 4:56 AM MDT

• Yes.  As I said in my previous response to you, I agree wholeheartedly, but you still haven't answered the question.  What the heck are you good at?
      July 3, 2019 5:49 AM MDT

Well I'm most likely to get an award for answering this questing. The Asker's Pick! :D
      July 9, 2019 12:03 PM MDT