Active Now

Malizz
Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » If I was to ring your doorbell, what could I expect? I'm not delivering Pizza, or selling magazines, and not asking you to accept Christ.

If I was to ring your doorbell, what could I expect? I'm not delivering Pizza, or selling magazines, and not asking you to accept Christ.

Posted - July 6, 2019

Responses

Was...were.
      July 6, 2019 10:47 PM MDT

You beat me to it?  How dare you!  Grrrrrr.

~
      July 6, 2019 11:11 PM MDT

• As I just said to E99, subjunctive mood indicates that it should definitely be "were".
      July 7, 2019 1:20 AM MDT

• Ahh, subjunctive mood.  You are correct.
      July 7, 2019 1:18 AM MDT

Subjunctive mood? You must be one of the students who paid attention in English class while we were sneaking smokes at the back of the room.
      July 7, 2019 10:06 AM MDT

You are ringing MY doorbell and asking me this question?  Shouldn't I be asking YOU this question?  WHAT DO YOU WANT? 
      July 6, 2019 10:56 PM MDT

(tapping foot)  I am STILL waiting... TWO days later..... are you gonna TELL me or I'm slamming this door.  

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 8, 2019 11:44 AM MDT
      July 8, 2019 11:40 AM MDT

You could expect me to be a little bit surprised if you are making the assertion that I am your father. 
      July 7, 2019 12:06 AM MDT

You could expect to see this sign on my door.   Please, always call me before coming over. 

July 7, 2019 5:44 AM MDT

As someone not expected, you wouldn’t make it that far. This post was edited by Don Barzini at July 7, 2019 1:02 PM MDT
      July 7, 2019 6:50 AM MDT

You could expect that I would not open my door.
      July 7, 2019 7:16 AM MDT

You could expect me to want you to break into song like this guy -- this guy has the CHOPS!!!! Wow! (and he seems to play for our team, if I had to make a guess)

And this visual/aural parody of Adele's "Hello" is excellent all-around to me!

(And I think we have talked about this video already maybe?)
    Boy, I really do admire this guy's singing voice!

:)

EDIT: It seems all of the videos I saw of this video now have subtitles. I prefer the video without the subtitles. (And this guy's singing diction is superb -- there is no trouble understanding his words.)

EDIT 2 : They've made some slight changes in this music -- I still like it a lot and it still retains its original 'feel' but it was all better in its original form to me - - no subtitles, no "opening titles" and no added music effects 

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 8, 2019 1:33 PM MDT
      July 7, 2019 12:56 PM MDT

• I still think this is a quite clever video, and you're right, what a voice that guy has.
      July 8, 2019 12:00 PM MDT

I'm with you on that for sure.
      July 8, 2019 4:29 PM MDT

We don't have a doorbell.

If you introduced yourself as Twinkle Dink, I'd invite you in to enjoy a chat, offer you tea or coffee and a snack.
    I'd ask you and Goat whether you'd like to stay in the den for three days and take you out sightseeing.
    Goat would enjoy seeing the Nimbin and Barringbar dairies where they make specialty cheeses.
    We have the top regional art gallery in Australia, where he could see world-class photography.
    You might be just in time for one of the several cultural festivals.
    There's just about most things to please most tastes in this area.
    The best things for tourists are the local flora, fauna and geography - nothing like it anywhere else.
    There's a patisserie in town run by a couple of French gay guys who give free kisses to anyone who asks.
      July 7, 2019 2:44 PM MDT

Hi!

Coffee for me please. Hot, Black, Stong
    Twinkle Dink will have Ice Cold sweet tea! 
    I am so ready to pack my bags and vture to the land of Oz.  That sounds like pure heaven to me; Cheese dairies, Art, music...
    I would be honoured to be your guest
      July 8, 2019 11:37 AM MDT

• I would love to just sit down and think deep thoughts with her, while entertaining fanciful musings.  
    I would so enjoy she and I doing some reading together and sharing some of our writings. 
    She is an amazing wordsmith.
    What a beautiful mind,
    and I'm sure, no less beautiful a heart.
      July 8, 2019 11:59 AM MDT

I may not be so eloquent with my "wordsmithery", but you both should believe that y'all will be forever immortalized in the most stunning and candid photos to ever grace the eyes of man. 

I'll see your one thousand words and raise them...
    This post was edited by Jon at July 8, 2019 4:46 PM MDT
      July 8, 2019 1:32 PM MDT

• They say the camera never lies, so what truth has it given us here?  At the moment I don't have a thousand words with which to properly pay homage to that photo, so "What a cutie"  will have to suffice.  In keeping with the theme of the picture let me say, I love the beach and Australia has lots of them.  Quite often the shorelines around this earthly globe are filled with beauty of every kind. From the ebb and flow of the cresting ocean waves, to the glisten of the warm golden sand.  There is often the surprise appearances of aquatic life freely intermingling with the land dwellers and sneaking to claim the shores for their own as night falls and we have all retired to our homes.  Looking around one will also see all the bright and vibrant colors of summer's bloom washed and set into the fabrics of towels, parasols, and casual-ware.  The awe-inspiring rich tapestry of nature's tones are broadly brush-stroked across the sky by either morning's or evening's light.  And then there too, is this...the truth as given to us by snapshot of the lens.  Youth at its most playful, most lovely, and evidently from the look on his charming face, most assured.  It is a carefree day in the sun    A day of fun in which to revel.  A memory and a moment captured.  And yes, he does grace, most favorably, my eyes.
      July 8, 2019 5:38 PM MDT