Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » Do you prefer funny, serious or brainteaser question?

Do you prefer funny, serious or brainteaser question?

If none of the above, what kind do you like?  I think I'm going to ask more questions that make people think, like brainteasers.

Posted - July 25, 2019

Responses

• Funny and absurd.
      July 25, 2019 4:04 PM MDT

• Silly, inappropriate and over-the-top.

This is the last place I come to be serious. 
      July 25, 2019 4:19 PM MDT

That's what I've been doing.  You must really like me; I am very absurd and way over-the-top.  Maybe I'll keep some of that whackyness.
      July 26, 2019 4:30 PM MDT

• You're just a wild and crazy guy. 
      July 26, 2019 4:32 PM MDT

I like the questions that Colonel Chapman objects to.

July 25, 2019 4:51 PM MDT

I love the serious questions best.
    I enjoy the brain teasers and usually try to give them my best shot.

The funny ones are the hardest for me.
    Several circumstances conspired to make me an unfunny person.
    One of my parents' mottos was "what's funny once isn't funny twice", but I soon discovered they couldn't bare me bringing jokes home from school. You know the kind: "how do you stop a dog from barking in the front seat of a car." I thought they were hilarious at that age, but my parents came down hard on me for the silliness.
    Both parents discouraged laughter - unladylike. Punishment, ostracised to bedroom - though I didn't mind that too much, easy to spend the time drawing or pick up a book and read.
    When they did laugh, it was laughing at me for some mistake or something foolish - not a comfortable feeling.
    Dad liked practical jokes occasionally - they could be quite devastating, like the time he told me my miniature pinscher had been killed during a storm, just to test my reaction. God, how he laughed at my scream and tears.

At school, I was the butt of jokes - bullying - so I kind of came to associate humour with cruelty.

Strangely after all that, I actually do have a sense of humour. It's just very odd.
    If you saw me in my Creative Writing classes, I'm quite apt to guffaw at something completely illogical, someone's witty use of language or unexpected but brilliant insight. Sometimes the class looks at me as if I'm mad, and then they get it and everyone's laughing.
    My humour runs to the British end of the spectrum: John Cleese, Billy Conelly, Dawn French, Aussies Kitty Flannagan and Shaun McCallef.
    I also love Woody Allen.

July 25, 2019 7:08 PM MDT

You put the dog in the back seat.

This post was edited by Element 99 at July 26, 2019 5:22 PM MDT
      July 25, 2019 7:11 PM MDT

Yep.
    That one must have gone around every school playground in the world for at least 60 years.
    I think it's still around.

Image result for dog barking in the back seat
    Image result for cartoon of dog barking in the back seat of a car

This post was edited by inky at July 26, 2019 5:22 PM MDT
      July 25, 2019 7:13 PM MDT

I bookworm.  I admire that you have so many thoughts in your head and can express them eloquently; but I am sorry to hear about your childhood.  Try this: Look in the mirror with a serious face and then with a nice smile.  The smile should beam, "I'm so glad to see you.  I've been looking forward to seeing YOU again!"  It would be nice if you could add a touch of compassionate understanding to your expression.  Then let me know which expression makes you more attractive.  I can tell you which one I like the most without even seeing you.  Finally have you heard of Dr. Vincent Felitti and the ACEs (Adverse Childhood Experiences) study?  I think some of their finding might interes you.  It has change my world a great deal for the better.  Buena suerte, amigo.
      July 26, 2019 4:44 PM MDT

All sorts of questions...as long as I have a smart-a** answer. Science questions I take seriously.
      July 25, 2019 7:17 PM MDT

You groaned at one of mine. It was a silly question about science.
      July 25, 2019 9:26 PM MDT

I have groaned at many of yours...usually they are punny.
      July 26, 2019 5:21 PM MDT

Yes, and didn't you sigh when I asked about static electricity?  I may be above average intelligence but when it comes to electricity, I am an idiot and I know it.  Want to teach again?  You could teach me a lot.  They say nobody like a smart-a**.  They were wrong.  Keep 'em coming.
    I had to edit this so Randy wouldn't have even more work to do.  And I really didn't want to hear about my mistakes again. This post was edited by CallMeIshmael at July 26, 2019 5:23 PM MDT
      July 26, 2019 4:47 PM MDT

Good memory. I remember the question, but not me sighing. I do remember others giving good responses (some of them wrong, but they tried.) and I kind of ran out of things to say and I didn't want to call anyone out for their mistakes. I also do not like showing off (much). People might find me arrogant. I have been caught a few times here making a science mistake because my research only used one reference. Shame on me.
      July 26, 2019 5:29 PM MDT

You won't get anywhere with static Electricty ,unless you aren't a de'generate ....:)D
    PS......There is no charge for my answer...   :)
      July 26, 2019 5:30 PM MDT

You're so electroCUTE!
      July 27, 2019 2:53 PM MDT

That is a shocking thing to say to a girl unless you are a cable guy and also a bit of a live wire to.....well at least yove been quite positive in a negitive sort of way.....
    You are not in any way related to Johnny Five ,ie Short Circuit are you....Lol  
      July 27, 2019 8:51 PM MDT

You and I will never agree on questions.  I usually get frustrated with them.  But I love to talk to you.  You are amazing.  I am not nuts about many of the things you love because you like to repeat.  

Don't worry about what we like.  Do you.  Worry about what you like because even if we don't like what you like, we like you and will answer you anyway.  
      July 27, 2019 10:01 PM MDT