Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Have you done something recently that was just a 'really bad idea'?

Have you done something recently that was just a 'really bad idea'?

Posted - August 1, 2019

Responses

Not at all. I'm excited and happy about the recent choice I have made. 

This post was edited by . at August 2, 2019 6:03 AM MDT
      August 1, 2019 10:07 AM MDT

Yeah. I lost it at work (big surprise) and they gave me two days off a week instead of 7 days straight and they gave me a 2 dollar an hour raise.

Is this a left-handed compliment or not?  I'm still trying to figure it out. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 2, 2019 7:27 AM MDT
      August 1, 2019 10:09 AM MDT

Did you lose it over pay? Overwise that would be very confusing. This post was edited by my2cents at August 2, 2019 11:48 AM MDT
      August 1, 2019 10:13 AM MDT

No I lost my temper because of an issue with a co-worker.  (boring story and I was WRONG) and the boss, instead of admonishing me, realized I was working way too many hours and needed some assistance.

That was very VERY nice of her and I won't forget it.  Also, I apologized to the co-worker.  It was a big misunderstanding and would not have happened if I was not so loaded with demands to do one massage after another with no breaks every single day of my life.  TOO MUCH.  LOL 
      August 2, 2019 10:53 AM MDT

That sounds like it was a really GOOD idea.
      August 1, 2019 12:55 PM MDT

Ya I made a automatic self sucking bong that was powered by a electric breast pump. It worked OK but it made a constant clicking sound that was very annoying so scrapped it. Cheers!
      August 1, 2019 10:10 AM MDT

What. You are too lazy to suck on a bong?
      August 1, 2019 12:56 PM MDT

No I just wanted to be the first one on the block to have one. I bought the breast pump at a thrift store and the guy at the till gave me some really funny looks I think he was figuring I was going to use it for something other then a bong. Cheers!
      August 1, 2019 1:02 PM MDT

You mean use it for your 'pee shooter'
      August 1, 2019 1:03 PM MDT

Ya that's what I think he thought and it kind of hurt my feelings because I liked to think of it as a rocket launcher. Cheers!
      August 1, 2019 1:08 PM MDT

• Not yet. - As long as you mean within the last 2 hours.

Before that ...it's complicated. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at August 2, 2019 9:23 AM MDT
      August 1, 2019 10:56 AM MDT

YEs, I stuck a knife in my back pocket (blade up) while picking my garden.  VERY bad idea!!
      August 1, 2019 2:21 PM MDT

During an extreme weight/cardio outdoor exercise class - - the obstacle course part - - a curved metal balance beam about three or off the ground, about eight feet in length -- I tried to impress classmates with my supposed speed and supposed agility - - and I walked way too fast for me -- lost my balance - - slammed my ribs onto the beam with all my weight on the way to slamming onto the ground.

I've missed the entire last month of classes.

Ribs weren't broken but definitely hurt. The accident has affected all areas of my life. But I continue to mend.

I think I'll be able to get back into the class next week. That's my plan, at least, and
    I hope that that is a better idea than this other Walk-Fast-on-Beam idea I had.
    :)
      August 1, 2019 4:51 PM MDT

That was a bad idea. You could have fallen with it betwixt your legs. Far worse. This post was edited by Element 99 at August 2, 2019 1:57 PM MDT
      August 1, 2019 6:34 PM MDT

Yeah, that's very true.
    Yup, it was a bad idea -- one of those I-Was-Already-Doing-it-Almost-Before-Even-Thinking.

Thanks for a Pick.
    :)
      August 2, 2019 5:21 AM MDT

“Sure, Randy D, there are lots of sandwiches down there, and they’re all free. No Vegemite, no mayonnaise, no guacamole. Please have as many as you would like . . . “

~

August 2, 2019 6:08 AM MDT

• Yes, and I am not too proud to admit so. I remember one time a few months back Randy and I got into a spat about something. Dust was stirred up, feelings were hurt, accusations were made, and JA had to step in, but the story thankfully doesn't end there. This tilde-wielding eater of mayo-free sandwiches, our on-site guide to better grammar, proved what remarkable inner character he has, something most of us already knew, by publicly calling for a truce, explaining his position with kindness and hoping I would understand. His apologizing and having faith that I would do the same by his being the bigger person and paving the way for me to easily follow suit, I have never forgotten. I never will.

So here I am now, in a position of feeling behooved to be the sort of person I often profess to be, A loving person. A Christian. Someone who at this moment would like to follow in Randy's footsteps and be a person of quality, someone with high standards. A little over a week ago, I decided to make it my mission to be a voice for the "overly-moderated." Yes, I had some genuine concerns about protocol, and I had some ideas about what improvements could be made, but I also had an ego that tried to tempt me into believing that I know better than others. That is never a good place to start. Unfortunately any good that might have been accomplished by having a civil yet robust dialogue with other members was quickly buried under a deluge of misbehavior on this site, some of which was perpetrated by me. I could have gone to JA behind the scenes and had a discussion about how I felt. She's always made herself available to listen with an open ear and an open heart. Instead I took a scorched earth approach and unfairly went after one of The Mug's mods. Our only mod, m2c. (i still think we need more)

I don't always agree with m2c, but that is neither here nor there. Just because she and I are of different mindsets at times does not negate the fact that she is a valued contributor to this site, she is well liked by many members here, and she gives a lot of her time to help JA. And somehow she manages to do all this without ever posting one single picture of a twink. I don't know how she does it. I do know this though, in my careless attempt to chastise her, ridicule her, bait her, I was doing nothing more than harming this site and my own standing within its community. Oh sure, there are a few who probably agreed with me, but the real underlying message I wanted to toss into the forums got lost amongst the sharp edged blades I was tossing at the same time. If any of them flew too close to m2c, if any of them cut her, it is with my sincerest regrets, and it is with a humble heart that I apologize to her. I feel that if I can be bold enough (stupid enough) to attack her in public, then I should also be made of strong enough mettle to be able to publicly offer my heartfelt mea culpas as well.

If I know her to be the kind of person I believe her to be, I have hope that she will take my apology for what it is worth and I want her to know that she needn't worry about this ever happening again. This is not how I wish to conduct myself at answerMug. I think I'd rather continue being known for my cheeky innuendo-laden behavior (something that gives her job security) and not as someone who is divisive and caustic. I would also like to mention that I am not the only one who as a result of these events has a contrite heart. Others were active alongside me when this happened, one whom I am very close to, but he is not currently here to publicly express his regret. I feel it is imperative to share with you that he is remorseful and truly misses having a presence at The Mug. If his voice were not currently silenced he would be here telling you this himself. He has a sincere desire to return, and to make amends with both m2c and with JA. For the moment though, it is I who is offering my penance and pray that anyone adversely affected by my actions will forgive me. I enjoy each and every one of you here at answerMug and long to be someone that you enjoy too. Love and many Blessings...Twinkle Dink. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at August 6, 2019 2:23 PM MDT
      August 2, 2019 9:17 AM MDT

I rarely read long responses, but this one I did. Good job.
      August 2, 2019 11:19 AM MDT

• Thank you for taking the time E99.  I appreciate that.
      August 2, 2019 11:11 PM MDT

Thank you. It means a lot. I know we disagree on some things. And likely always will. 

You have always sent me little messages from of encouragement from even before I was a mod. Those were appreciated as well. 
    When you came at me I was a little shocked, you have never done that. Others have over the years. At times it makes a person wonder why they are here (on the site), and then someone sends a message and reminds me that it is appreciated. 
    I of course, forgive you and try to never hold a grudge. 
    And I during all that I did say something I should not have and I again apologize as well. 

Here is a song by my favorite group about God's forgiveness, something we both strive for I believe.  Hope you enjoy it. 

August 6, 2019 2:22 PM MDT

• I read this whole thing.

Where are the filthy jokes?
      August 2, 2019 9:43 AM MDT

I got half-way through and stopped because I realized Randy was just copying me.

I have to do this to every member at least once.  Since you and I have not fought yet?  I'M SO SORRY.  AND I MEAN IT TOO FOR FUTURE REFERENCE. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 2, 2019 11:17 AM MDT
      August 2, 2019 10:58 AM MDT

Why do you say I copied you?  What in the heck do you mean by that?
      August 2, 2019 2:01 PM MDT