Active Now

Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Humor and Jokes » What is something you heard someone say that was so dumb that you had to laugh?

What is something you heard someone say that was so dumb that you had to laugh?

March 14 2015 on CNN's New Day Ben Carson asserts that "homosexuality is a choice because people go to prison straight and when they come out they are gay"

Posted - August 3, 2019

Responses

Funny how those same types will say religion is not a choice.

For me, it was the Narcissist-in-Chief who, claiming “a natural instinct for science” because his uncle was a scientist, stared into a solar eclipse, and dismisses climate change as Chinese political agenda. 

Just one of countless examples from that source. But that had me laughing out loud.
    There was also that business about “raking the forests” ....I wonder, has this man ever been in a forest? I digress.  This post was edited by Don Barzini at March 16, 2020 11:15 AM MDT
      August 3, 2019 7:58 AM MDT

Any sentence uttered by Trump is a bad joke.

ANY.  

There are no sentences he utteres that can be taken seriously.  NOTHING.  He is so funny that at least 10 comedy shows a month feature him and they don't even have to write material.  He has already provided it.

ANYTHING HE SAYS IS A BAD JOKE.  

How about this one?  NO COLLUSION.  NO OBSTRUCTION.  That's a good one.

or this:   (I just closed my eyes and picked this at random.  I could have picked anything he says)

6. "I cannot say I have to respect the person that if it's not me, the person that wins. If I do win and I'm leading by quite a bit. That's what I want to do. I can totally make the pledge if I'm a nominee. I am discussing it with everybody. But I'm talking about a lot of leverage. We want to win and we will win. But I want to win as the Republican. I want to run as the Republican nominee." This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 3, 2019 2:17 PM MDT
      August 3, 2019 9:18 AM MDT

Just now!  What you said!  I am literally, "Cracking Up Out Loud!"
      August 3, 2019 11:01 AM MDT

That's good!  Hee hee
      August 3, 2019 1:03 PM MDT

We're on the same page -- my answer uses 'out loud,' too.
    :)
      August 3, 2019 2:16 PM MDT

Once a buddy was slow dancing with a gal he met at the bar and he puked on her shoulder. She screamed at him - you puked on me and he said - I love you I would never puke on you it was just heavy spit. Even though it was stupid I had to laugh. The funny part is they eventually got married. Cheers and happy weekend!
      August 3, 2019 1:37 PM MDT

If I were that girl, his incredibly-witty-remark would have had me marrying him on the spot, ha! I love it!
      August 3, 2019 2:18 PM MDT

It was his Sad Puppy Dog eyes that saved him from getting slapped. Cheers and happy weekend!
      August 3, 2019 3:21 PM MDT

Sad Puppy Dog eyes?
    I'm even MORE in love with him!

Feel free to tell him my love for him if you still see them both, ha!

Be Well, Nanoose!
      August 3, 2019 6:46 PM MDT

I do too!  That was thinking on the spot and expressing his true feeling of love for her so overwhelming, it spewed out all over her!  A TRUE sign of Love.  I love it, too!  
      August 3, 2019 3:23 PM MDT

I'm with you all the way, my friend.
      August 3, 2019 6:45 PM MDT

I heard myself, a little while ago at work.

I was talking under my breath as I worked and meant to say to my co-worker, "I'm thinking out loud."
    But, instead, I said, "I'm talking out loud."

We both laughed a lot.

August 3, 2019 2:15 PM MDT

We are cracking up... that is Don and I.  We are laughing so hard our sides hurt with you... at you... because of you!
    Why, you might be asking????
    Because "Don" of all people, my beloved "Don" started mumbling and grumbling a few years ago about this and that and the other.  I couldn't hear him but he too, was talking to himself, making lists in his head as it were, not even knowing his lips and vocal cords were simutaineously moving as he was thinking about what he was doing!!!!!!!!
    When I finally stopped and said, "Hunney, I can't hear you, what are you saying?"  His response was,
    "Oh never mind, I"m talking out loud."
    Without a startled look on his face, he carried on with whatever it was he was doing at that moment.
    I started to giggle and said, "Well, my dear, most people DO talk outloud.  It is a form of comunication we are familiar with and use often; hence, the word "talk."  What would you like to talk to me about?"
    Embarrassed and suddenly shy, "Oh, it was nothing.  I'm just putting things in order in my head."
    To this day it has been an outstanding joke.  
    We are SOOOOOOO  Very glad he isn't the only one who "talks outloud."  You are wonderful Welby.  Thank you for sharing.  Don wants me to tell you, he really appreciates your "train of thought."  Big smiles and hugs and loves!

August 3, 2019 5:32 PM MDT

I love you both so very much at this moment.

Thank you both!
      August 3, 2019 6:49 PM MDT

I came across this again today.

I enjoyed reading this just as much today.

Best to you both!
    Be Well.
      March 16, 2020 11:13 AM MDT