Active Now

Thebigd
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » What did you secretly hope for when you joined answerMug?

What did you secretly hope for when you joined answerMug?

Posted - August 6, 2019

Responses

I tend to like the lighthearted, too.
    :)

Though I read them all.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at August 8, 2019 12:14 AM MDT
      August 6, 2019 6:38 PM MDT

I was searching for something and an Answerbag post came up.  It was a question about how to buy something cheaply  and I could not help myself from going to the site to answer that question.  I had never typed a word online before. 
      August 8, 2019 12:31 AM MDT

Nothing.
      August 6, 2019 6:50 PM MDT

Yeah, I don't think I hoped for anything in particular, either.

I've been enjoying the journey, though.
      August 6, 2019 6:54 PM MDT

Pretty much like m2c, save that I'm still in contact with a former Bagger who was trolled off there. She put me in touch with RosieG, who let me know about this site.
      August 6, 2019 7:59 PM MDT

Sort of like  Slartibartfast and my2cents said, I, too, was on Answerbag and suddenly it was gone. Found  my way here.

August 6, 2019 8:53 PM MDT

I was on the experience project.  We discussed meaningful personal experiences, made jokes, flirted a little, and got truly objective feed back.  Then it became populated with youngsters who would ask for help with math homework and stuff like that.  I could happen here as well.
      August 7, 2019 2:19 PM MDT

I remember.
    I used to enjoy it.
    Didn't even mind when it became swamped with teenage angst.
    But when the fishers, trolls and sexual stalkers started taking over, I decamped fast.
    Later, I heard it had collapsed due to all the dysfunction.
    A friend put me onto AnswerMug.
      August 7, 2019 3:06 PM MDT

Secretly“?  Absolutely nothing. I openly hoped to find something that sparked my interest. 
    ~
      August 8, 2019 12:09 AM MDT

I guess for you, that thing is the chance to joke around, share the spark of wit - yes?
      August 8, 2019 12:12 AM MDT

¡Sí!

August 8, 2019 12:15 AM MDT

I secretly prayed my friend, Old School would join me.  He did. I had no way to contact him because Answer Bag was supposed to go on for at least a while longer limping along.  

So, I got what I had hoped for and I got so much more.  This site is much better than Answer Bag.  There are a few things I miss, but the layout is what I am used to now.  

I did like the way they ran the questions and did the page with all the answers that way.  It was far easier to find everyone and answer them.  But otherwise, this is far saner.  

There were some real psychos on there that I no longer have to deal with.  I don't miss them.  UGH.  There were a lot of fun people too that are gone.  WABOO, and Marky Mark come to mind.  Too bad.  Nice people. And NUNZA.  She was good times.  
      August 8, 2019 12:36 AM MDT