Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Legal » Did you know that Sirhan Sirhan is STILL ALIVE? He is not feeling well these days. Tsk Tsk.

Did you know that Sirhan Sirhan is STILL ALIVE? He is not feeling well these days. Tsk Tsk.

Posted - August 31, 2019

Responses

Of all the Sirhan Sirhans in the world, he is the Sirhaniest. 
      August 31, 2019 11:35 AM MDT

You bring up an excellent point.  Are there any others and why the repeat of the first name as the last name?   
      August 31, 2019 11:37 AM MDT

He must stutter.
      August 31, 2019 3:16 PM MDT

I heard on the news last night that he got shanked in prison but he survived.  Too bad.
      August 31, 2019 2:43 PM MDT

The problem is that prisons just don't have too many objects made of metal that are long enough to penetrate fatally. You could still slice a jugular vein. 
      August 31, 2019 3:22 PM MDT

You could slice a jugular, but prison attacks are usually lower down so as not to be seen.  If you stab someone enough times, even shallower wounds will kills someone as will an attack to the kidneys.
      August 31, 2019 4:40 PM MDT

• Wow Spunky!  You are so gangstah.  You would totally rule the cell block in prison.
      August 31, 2019 4:47 PM MDT

Not my life's goal. :)
      August 31, 2019 7:19 PM MDT

Wait, answermug's NOT a prison cellblock?  I want to see my lawyer, get me to the warden's office! I've been had!

~
      September 1, 2019 12:14 AM MDT

How do you get PB'd if it is a prison?  Is that solitary confinement then? 
      September 1, 2019 12:23 PM MDT

Listen to you and your bad self being all jail knowledgeable.  YOU GO GIRL.  LOL 
      September 1, 2019 12:36 AM MDT

LMAO ... I watch a lot of cop shows.
      September 1, 2019 10:45 AM MDT

So you watch a lot of cop shows ay? Thought I would push a Canadian Cop show - Tribal Police Files. The Tribal Police are bad bad  boys (and gals) but they are good at defusing a situation with words, understanding,  and compaction. I included a link to more info about the show and at the bottom of that page there is a link to clips of some of the episodes. Cheers and happy Labour Day weekend!  

https://www.tv-eh.com/2017/03/03/aptns-tribal-police-files-debuts/

This post was edited by Nanoose at September 1, 2019 2:26 PM MDT
      September 1, 2019 11:22 AM MDT

Thanks.  I love cop shows.  I seldom look outside the USA for the crooks though, but a lot of them run to Canada.  And you guys have some real "treasures" up there when it comes to weirdos like we have right here.

Karla Homolka, one of Canada's most infamous female serial killers, was released from prison after serving a 12-year sentence for her involvement in drugging, raping, torturing, and killing young girls. The teenage victims included Homolka's younger sister, whom she offered to her boyfriend Paul Bernardo as a gift. 

Homolka was born May 4, 1970, to Dorothy and Karel Homolka in Port Credit, Ontario. She was the eldest child of three, and by all accounts, was well-adjusted, pretty, smart, and popular. She received ample love and attention from friends and family. Homolka developed a passion for animals, and after high school she started work at a veterinary clinic. Everything about her seemed normal. No one suspected her of hiding deeply disturbing desires.

Homolka and Bernardo Meet

At age 17, Homolka attended a pet convention in Toronto, where she met 23-year-old Paul Bernardo, an attractive, charismatic blond with a persuasive personality. The pair engaged in sexual relations the day they met and soon discovered that they shared sadomasochistic inclinations. Paul quickly took on the role of master and Homolka willingly became his slave.

Over the next few years, the relationship intensified. The couple shared and encouraged one another's psychotic behavior. Bernardo began raping women with Homolka's approval. Bernardo's specialty was attacking women getting off buses, sexually assaulting them, and subjecting them to other humiliations. The police and media dubbed him "The Scarborough Rapist," after the Ontario town in which many of the sexual assaults were committed.

A Surrogate Virgin

One source of friction between the couple was Bernardo's incessant complaint that Homolka had not been a virgin when they met. Homolka was aware of Bernardo's attraction to her sexually inexperienced 15-year-old sister Tammy. Homolka and Bernardo came up with a plan to force Tammy into being a surrogate virgin for her older sister. To accomplish the plot, Homolka stole Halothane, an anesthetic, from the veterinary clinic where she worked.

On December 23, 1990, at a Christmas party at the Homolka family home, Bernardo and Homolka served Tammy alcoholic drinks spiked with halcyon. After the other family members had retired, the couple brought Tammy to the basement, where Homolka held a cloth soaked in Halothane over Tammy's mouth. Once Tammy was unconscious, the couple raped her. During the attack, Tammy began choking on her own vomit and ultimately died. Unfortunately, the drugs in Tammy's system went undetected and her death was ruled an accident.

And it gets worse.....

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 1, 2019 11:37 AM MDT
      September 1, 2019 11:34 AM MDT

Well I live in a area that is known as the Mecca for Canada's serial killers (they flock here from all parts of Canada). I used to work in the bush around Willy Pikton's pig farm - he killed 49 people and his only regret when they caught him was that he didn't get to make it a even 50. Cheers and happy Labour Day weekend!  
      September 1, 2019 11:55 AM MDT

Why is he alive? He should have got the chair.
      August 31, 2019 5:19 PM MDT

have gotten.  I have to do Randy's job too now? 
      August 31, 2019 5:22 PM MDT

Randy D may have given up in certain circumstances.
      August 31, 2019 7:22 PM MDT

• I'll boldly take this even further.  I think if Randy was going to be real particular he might say that even though "gotten" is technically an accepted word to use, it is still considered somewhat irregular and that perhaps the sentence would be better served by saying "He should have been given the chair".

Don't take my word for it though.  I still never get the usage of "its" and "it's" correct.
      September 1, 2019 12:47 AM MDT

Make it even simpler, use the active voice instead of the passive voice: “they should have given him the chair.”  However, the electric chair was no longer being utilized when he was sentenced, it was the gas chamber or legal injection. 
    ~
      September 1, 2019 7:30 AM MDT

Well, here we go again....

You could have answered your own question with a little effort:

Sirhan was convicted on April 17, 1969, and was sentenced six days later to death in the gas chamber. Three years later, his sentence was commuted to life in prison, owing to the California Supreme Court's decision in The People of the State of California vs. Robert Page Anderson, which ruled that capital punishment is a violation of the California Constitution's prohibition against cruel and unusual punishment. The February 1972 decision was retroactive, invalidating all existing death sentences in California
      August 31, 2019 7:20 PM MDT

California courts....I should have guessed
    (added the last 4 words for clarification) This post was edited by my2cents at September 2, 2019 12:35 PM MDT
      August 31, 2019 10:37 PM MDT

No.

This is within a quote from an article.  California Supreme Court is a proper name and is properly capitalized.

If you were correct, the proper correction to me would have been to tell me that I probably should have added (sic) after "Court" when I posted the quote. 

This post was edited by Just Asking at September 2, 2019 11:46 AM MDT
      September 1, 2019 12:18 PM MDT

California's wacky legislators have for decades hated and ignored victims and victims' rights, while simultaneously have loved and coddled murderers.

September 1, 2019 12:19 AM MDT