Active Now

Randy D
Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Did you ever remember some little (or not so little) fact because you thought they might ask it on Jeopardy or something? What?

Did you ever remember some little (or not so little) fact because you thought they might ask it on Jeopardy or something? What?

Don't remember?  How about "20 million barrels per day."  The question is How many barrels of oil products does the USA consume every day. (Actually, I had to look it up, AGAIN).  Thank heaven, now I won't miss my chance to win big on Jeopardy.

Posted - September 6, 2019

Responses

If it is useless and of no merit?  I  will remember it.  I loved Trivial Pursuit. Loved that game.  
      September 6, 2019 9:08 PM MDT

That describes about 65% of my waking hours (and many of the sleeping ones). It's similar to my desire to turn in a wanted criminal after watching all those crime shows wherein viewers are asked to provide information leading to the arrest and conviction of the suspect. 
    ~
      September 6, 2019 9:18 PM MDT

I have a carry a notepad around with me alla time to write all that stuff down because I can't remember anything,  even my passwords. Is that cheating?  
      September 6, 2019 9:40 PM MDT

No, I do it too.  Sometimes I have my "Google List" with me. This post was edited by CallMeIshmael at September 7, 2019 10:45 PM MDT
      September 7, 2019 7:13 PM MDT

(to too)
      September 7, 2019 7:29 PM MDT

In a trial Lizzie Borden was acquitted of the murders of Abby and Andrew Borden. (She was officially found not guilty, even though many people believe she committed the crimes)

Another ship was in sight of the "Titanic" as it floundered; it saw the Titanic's flares; but it chose to do nothing and sailed away (The "Californian')

The first official disaster that Clara Barton's' "American Red Cross" team attended to was the May 31, 1889 Johnstown Pennsylvania Flood
    This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at September 7, 2019 7:13 PM MDT
      September 7, 2019 4:35 PM MDT