Active Now

Malizz
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » In order to control global warming scientists need to create a small black hole that would consume heat/energy from the atmosphere and----

In order to control global warming scientists need to create a small black hole that would consume heat/energy from the atmosphere and----

Not strong enough to consume any chunks of matter at all- then launch into a low orbit around the earth. 
Do you think this would work or would there be risk of it consuming too much heat/energy and causing a new ice age to happen?

Posted - September 20, 2019

Responses

• BRING ON THE ICE AGE!

Mastodons are cute.
      September 20, 2019 7:18 PM MDT

Or build a gigantic scrubber to cleanse the air....that would be pretty cool....lol
      September 20, 2019 7:33 PM MDT

A tiny little black hole orbiting at low altitude around the earth might suck in a lot of dust and pollution particles like a vacuum cleaner.
    Wonder if it could be programmed to not consume all the air molecules too. Might have to be created as a smart black hole with various apps..

September 20, 2019 9:25 PM MDT

Haha, haha! :D
    I think it would make a great scenario for a science fiction novel.

I hope Element sees this question.
      September 20, 2019 11:32 PM MDT

Yeah.. I searched 'anti energy' to find if any such thing exists to neutralize heat /energy but apparently not so gotta go with the small size black hole idea. 
      September 21, 2019 12:15 AM MDT

So you’re theorizing that we could CONTROL the black hole and select precisely what, where and how much it consumed? And then, just turn it off when it’s purpose has been served? Ambitious. 

Given the nature of black holes, it’s a good thing we lack that capability. That is a genie we need not let out of the bottle. 
      September 21, 2019 6:36 AM MDT