Active Now

Slartibartfast
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Show or describe what unhinged looks like

Show or describe what unhinged looks like

Posted - September 22, 2019

Responses

A door can be unhinged. A President can be unhinged, but that is slang since people have no hinges. Perhaps 'off his rocker' is OK. 
      September 22, 2019 2:14 PM MDT

Since when do people have rockers? 
      September 22, 2019 2:20 PM MDT

Well temporarily unhinged would of looked a lot like me the day I seen a black bear pushing over my favorite apple tree and I charge at the bear while calling it ever dirty name in the book. Cheers and happy last day of summer!
      September 22, 2019 2:28 PM MDT

(Comma after the word “Well”.)

(would of have looked)

(I seen saw)

(charge charged)

September 22, 2019 3:13 PM MDT

Da blaw blaw?
      September 22, 2019 3:54 PM MDT

You are terrific.  Randy is going to try and unscramble this logically and grammatically.  Let me defend you, I will be the pro bono Defense attorney.

Randy.  You stilted, stick-in-the-mud.  This is an artist.  He is taking artistic license.  Are you familiar with that terminology?  Do grammarians allow for artistic license?  I think they do.  See e e cummings.  

Nanoose is a poet and a conversationalist.  He paints what he is like by his words.  They are not punctuated on purpose and they wind around sometimes, but that is his Canadian-folksy style.

So, you need to expand your mind and broaden your tastes.

CHEERS! This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 22, 2019 5:09 PM MDT
      September 22, 2019 3:29 PM MDT

(No Comma after the word “stilted”.)

It’s not artistic license, nor poetic license, nor any other type of dodge unless it’s intentionally written that way. Apathy about correct spelling, correct word use, correct grammar differs greatly from taking license.  Some people don’t care about how they spell or write, some people don’t know how to spell or write correctly. There is a big difference between those two instances.

No one has the obligation to write or speak correctly, nor the obligation to pay me one iota of mind. If you choose to “defend” Nanoose, that is your prerogative, have at it. Nanoose will most likely continue to write the way he wishes to, which is his right, and I will most definitely continue to respond the way I do, which is my right. If you choose to interject, that is your right. It’s doubtful that any one of us will cause the others to alter himself or herself in any way. 
    ~
      September 22, 2019 7:24 PM MDT

September 22, 2019 2:44 PM MDT

She is spooky.  LOL

But she is way less spooky than Darth Moscow Mitch and his melted candle-wax face.  He got his first face lift 200 years ago and it didn't work out.  Now he has just given up.  

Drip drip

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 22, 2019 5:09 PM MDT
      September 22, 2019 3:32 PM MDT

I have always thought Mitch looks like a turtle....even more so in your pict. Lol
      September 22, 2019 4:15 PM MDT

Example: Randolph Delta is perplexed as to why there is no ending punctuation on this sentence and has become unhinged over the entire ordeal. Doctors have sedated him; he’s resting quietly now.

:(
      September 22, 2019 3:18 PM MDT

September 22, 2019 5:11 PM MDT