Active Now

Element 99
WelbyQuentin
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » Where did the Goat and Twinkle go?

Where did the Goat and Twinkle go?

Posted - October 15, 2019

Responses

I don’t know for sure, but in my opinion, I think they may have become fed up with being censored and sanctioned. 
    ~
      October 15, 2019 10:28 PM MDT

GEE I wonder why they would be censored?   I don't get why people want to push envelopes when there is so much room on here to not have to.  But that is just me.  I can work within the confines of my barriers.  
      October 16, 2019 8:28 AM MDT

Yeah, I wonder about that too.
    They had very liberal values that might have worried a few conservatives,
    but I saw nothing written by them that was disrespectful to others or abusive, obscene or offensive.

However, since you're a mod, Randy, you would know better than others about what's going on behind the scenes. This post was edited by inky at October 17, 2019 10:59 AM MDT
      October 16, 2019 5:58 PM MDT

Why would you assume that I'm a mod, Bookworm?  I never have been nor could I ever be, what with my viewpoints on various issues that are presented here.  I have the self-awareness to recognize that I am not objective enough to be a fair and just mod.  I have no role behind the scenes.
    ~
      October 16, 2019 10:39 PM MDT

It's an easy assumption to make, Randy D.  You are part of the backbone here and this is a good thing.  You are a wonderful addition.  I thought the same thing, way back when. Take it as a compliment. :)
      October 17, 2019 11:13 AM MDT

Apologies.
    I once, ages ago, thought I saw your avatar name listed among the mods.
    I do make silly, glitchy mistakes sometimes.
      October 17, 2019 11:18 AM MDT

Hi bookworm~ What a delight to see you!  I hope all the horses and chickens and all things living on your farm are well, including you. :) :)
    I agree 100%.  I think every view on any subject is important.  I didn't find anything they said or did to be weird or distasteful.  Twinkle, especially, is a kind and loving soul.  Without knowing nor asking, he gave me a gift that still stands tall in my mind. I loved goat not only for his name but for his touch of spunk.  Together they made quite a team.  I liked their playful answers to one another and to all of us.

I thought they were great characters in the book of answerMug. :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at October 17, 2019 7:49 PM MDT
      October 17, 2019 11:06 AM MDT

I've been enjoying seeing your hat and comments here again too. :)
    The horses are thriving. Recently completed the training of two and found excellent new homes for them. Three remain.
    The drought has hit hard. The grass is just roughage with no energy or nutrients in it. There's no feed anywhere on the East Coast of Australia so it's being trucked thousands of kilometres from the west. Costs of feed are three times higher than normal. SO had to part with two of my five darlings. Have checked and know they are happy and well cared for.
    How's your life recently? Some enjoyable challenges?
      October 17, 2019 11:23 AM MDT

Having a farm is such an emotional and financial investment. The uncontrollable burden the weather has induced is heartbreaking. As I recall, you don't have many, if any, other hands to help. I am so sorry. 
    If I were there, I would help you. Since I am up here, I have only a small suggestion.  You probably already have thought of this but have you tried supplementing their vitamin starved hay with supplements?  
    I have never been good at goodbyes, especially to animals.  Having relationships with them and sharing your lives makes parting difficult for both.  Luckily, it wasn't a forever goodbye. You can still see and check on them.  I'm sure the horses love it when you visit.  There is no doubt that you found exceptional homes where they will thrive physically and mentally.

My life is an ongoing enjoyable challenge.

The Cat, from The Cat in the Hat, has currently taken up residency with us at our home.
    The Fish, who already lives here, has been not saying a word.  This worries me.
    I haven't been home much more than to sleep, you see.

I should leave a note on the door for Thing 1 and Thing 2.
    I'd hate for them to stop by and not be here, it's true.
    Their wisdom is in dire need on this chaotic issue.  

This post was edited by Merlin at October 17, 2019 7:49 PM MDT
      October 17, 2019 12:53 PM MDT

I do not miss them since I didn't realize they are no longer around.   This post was edited by Thriftymaid at October 17, 2019 12:56 PM MDT
      October 16, 2019 2:21 PM MDT

Twinkle will be back, probably with a new username. He used to be Winged Wonder.
      October 16, 2019 3:37 AM MDT

Oh I know.  I know him.  Just wondering.  Because they are HERE and then they are NOT. LOL 
      October 16, 2019 8:26 AM MDT

Honeymooning on the Isle of Capri.
      October 16, 2019 8:23 AM MDT

NOT LOYAL.   tsk tsk  (I like that) 
      October 16, 2019 8:25 AM MDT

I was thinking the same thing. :) :)
      October 16, 2019 8:50 AM MDT

There was always a twinkle in the goat's eye.

You could feel it when they were both here.  
    I think the goat wished hard and twinkle became real.  

Twinkle continued to tickle the goat with glee and they alloped together, happily!

I miss them very much and hope they are off romping and rolling around in fine grass, surrounded by the colors of the rainbow, and finding beautiful nights filled with bright and shiny stars. This post was edited by Merlin at October 16, 2019 5:55 PM MDT
      October 16, 2019 8:57 AM MDT

I miss seeing them on the site, too. 
    I love them and their posts.
    :)

Be Well. currently-Halloweenie and currently-JonProfile #3812 
    from WelbyQ
    :)

October 16, 2019 9:45 AM MDT