Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » How do you deal with someone that used to be your friend but now wont talk to you but is always around your other friends?

How do you deal with someone that used to be your friend but now wont talk to you but is always around your other friends?

Im always going to the senior center for lunch,  theres this lady i used to be friends with and we'd talk all the time, now she refuses to talk to me and i have no idea why, ive tried to talk to her but shes not interested. the problem is i cant be with my other friends cause shes friends with them so its awkward to have her always coming around and wanting to sit there at the same table as me but wont talk to me so i have to go somewhere else and cant be with friends cause of it, my friend knows about it so if i move she knows why, today they were playing bingo and we were eating lunch first, i got my lunch and she comes over talking to this girl next to me but shes standing over me and i felt awkward trying to eat like that so i just picked up my stuff and moved. im tired of not being able to be with my own friends cause shes always around and i find it awkward to be around her, any suggestions other than finding somewhere else to go where shes not there?

Posted - November 1, 2019

Responses

I don't have friends. I see you got your 'm' fixed.
      November 1, 2019 3:56 PM MDT

my laptop totally broke, this is another one. i dont have a lot of friends either
      November 1, 2019 4:42 PM MDT

I don't know. No one likes me
      November 1, 2019 4:26 PM MDT

noone  seems to like me much either
      November 1, 2019 4:43 PM MDT

• Perhaps you and Goatzart are a match.  I can loan him to you.
      November 1, 2019 4:52 PM MDT

If she can keep up with you, she has a job!
      November 1, 2019 4:52 PM MDT

• No one can match the Twinkle of my Dinkle!  Capeesh?!

November 1, 2019 4:58 PM MDT

Oh Honey...

This is why I love you. No one can handle a juicy Weiner like the "Dink"
      November 1, 2019 5:04 PM MDT

•   November 1, 2019 5:17 PM MDT

As long as you have a mouth, I have a wiener to fill it 

This post was edited by Jon at November 1, 2019 6:42 PM MDT
      November 1, 2019 5:55 PM MDT

This is being very disrespectful to a wonderful person and an Icon in the entertainment industry.  Can't you use someone else's image? Please
      November 2, 2019 5:49 AM MDT

• Not that I am in any kind of position to speak for her, but I am of the belief that Ms. Betty would not mind one bit.  She is a comedienne and fully understands and appreciates a good joke and/or a tacky joke, even one made at her own expense.  She has never shied away one bit from a naughty attempt at laughter in real life or in the characters she has played from Rose Nyland on the rather racy at times "Golden Girls" or even as b*tchy, slutty, Sue Ann Nivans on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show".  Her role in the sitcom "Hot In Cleveland" wasn't so pure either.  So, it seems to me that Betty White is in on the jokes and totally gets them.  Trust me both Goatzart and myself adore her and mean her absolutely no disrespect.  I might remind you that we did not create the GIF that was used.  Betty herself posed for the ridiculous pictures with the Wiener in question and this is an image that has been circulating on the internet for some time now even working its way into Pop Culture. 

Its all in good fun.  So, lets try not to take things too seriously and instead enjoy a laugh.  Confusion such as this is best left to the dim-witted but lovable citizens of St. Olaf.

Here's our lovely Betty being a bit of a slut
    in her popular Rap video "I'm Still Hot"
    with Luciana and a generous helping of beefy man meat on the side.  Enjoy!

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 2, 2019 7:56 PM MDT
      November 2, 2019 6:27 AM MDT

You are spot on! 
    I have nothing to add, but my concurrence.
    Betty would find this thread hilarious and tell the "prudes" to lighten up
      November 2, 2019 7:49 PM MDT

i think youre right
      November 2, 2019 4:09 PM MDT

This is being very disrespectful to a wonderful person and an Icon in the entertainment industry.  Can't you use someone else's image? Please
      November 2, 2019 5:50 AM MDT

No
      November 2, 2019 7:49 PM MDT

Awwwwwwwwww. I was kidding a little...
    Pearl, Though there has not been very much interaction between you and I, I have been aware of you for a very long time.
    I want you to know that I like you.  You have a kind heart. You are well liked

This post was edited by Jon at November 2, 2019 5:52 AM MDT
      November 1, 2019 5:16 PM MDT

• BTW.  Glad to see you back Pearl.
      November 1, 2019 4:53 PM MDT

Her loss. Stop being a doormat. 

She apparently knows you will flee whenever she approaches, so she has no reason to change her ways. Stop letting her win. 

November 1, 2019 4:57 PM MDT

She's the one with a problem, not you.  I have been in your situation and I handled it by greeting the other person pleasantly and acting as if I was unaware of her snubbing me. I continued to chat with the other people present. Eventually, the other person got over whatever was bugging her. I didn't turn it into a drama or make it impossible for her to go back to the way it was. There are worse things in the world than feeling awkward and letting someone else destroy your other friendships is one of them.
      November 1, 2019 5:07 PM MDT

At least she is being honest about her feelings, be happy about that.   Most people I know, look me in the eye, smile and betray me behind my back. 
      November 2, 2019 5:47 AM MDT

I have tried to be your friend, Pearl, but you often ignore me. Something about that 'nn' thing drove me 'coo-coo'.  All my real-life friends are dead. Except maybe 2, and one of those is my cousin. I spend a little time with my nephews and nieces, taking them to recreational activities when I can afford it. Oh, and congratulations on having over one million answers on Answerbag or Yahoo Questions and Answers. 
      November 2, 2019 9:04 AM MDT

my laptop was broken which is why i was doing that
      November 2, 2019 4:11 PM MDT

If she has a resentment and wants to carry it around with her then let her, but don't let that affect how you function, you have to claim your space and not back down, and you can do that by just acting how you normally would.  You cannot make everyone like you, all you can do is be yourself. Try not to let her live rent free in your head either, life's just too short for that. 

November 2, 2019 5:55 PM MDT