Active Now

Stu Spelling Bee
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What are the requirements for you specifically to choose a friend online?

What are the requirements for you specifically to choose a friend online?

Posted - November 16, 2019

Responses

• I hate my errors in writing when I had a double Vodka.
      November 16, 2019 4:05 PM MST

You need to drink more plus more often, Now my grand'mar is more better ,Randy D has far less todo :(

I got a A' in spelling, now I've just gotta learn the rest of da letters.  :( 
      November 16, 2019 6:18 PM MST

• Randy D did not correct my mistake in my first comment. His respect for the elders is first class.Nice Jugs, some people swallow aspirin by the handful and I have something of 80% proof, which promotes fun and happiness. Living still in Germany I had a bunch of bad headaches, and he told me to have a Rum instead of tablets. Smart Doctor! Tell that a doctor here in the U.S. 
      November 17, 2019 12:45 PM MST

Can I get it on prescription though....lol
      November 17, 2019 6:19 PM MST

As long as their not racist its a start of a friendship. After the friendship starts I have a requirement for them - it is that they conceder that they could be putting my life at risk if they tell me too many dirty jokes. Dirty jokes cause my face to turn red and it stays like that for hours and if I go outside with a red face a bear could mistake my head for a Huckcal Berry and bite my head off. Cheers and happy weekend!       
      November 16, 2019 4:38 PM MST

• Thank you, Nanoose. When I am more coherent, I will reply to you.  Edit 11/17/19   Coherent soundet like I was almost "out". Not the case, of course. Just the wrong word.  This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 17, 2019 12:07 PM MST
      November 16, 2019 4:56 PM MST

Come on, Whitehair. I bet you're not as think as you drunk you are!
      November 16, 2019 5:12 PM MST

• When a German girl is drunk, it means that she is still able to know what she is able to talk about. Maybe it will change when my husband is not in danger to die any minute. That is just a phantasy. Will see what life has in it store.....

November 16, 2019 5:43 PM MST

• You know me already pretty good. I like your sentence construction !!!  Hehe!!!
      November 17, 2019 12:12 PM MST

The bit about too many dirty jokes gave me a good giggle.
    Can't imagine the red face and the bear, but the idea tickles me. 
    I'm guessing it's all joke (except not liking racism), but just in case, as with many jokes, it's funny because it's true...
    What emotion turns the face so red for so long?
    Do bears see in colour?
    Is there such a thing as a huckle berry?
      November 16, 2019 7:17 PM MST

Ya I was mostly goofing around and exaggerating (my face doesn't stay red for hours) I just said that so the bear joke would fit in. Huckle  berries are small red berries that only grow on cedar stumps on Vancouver Island in early spring they are kind of bitter but bears love them even though they are colour blind. Cheers and happy weekend This post was edited by Nanoose at November 17, 2019 10:52 AM MST
      November 16, 2019 7:38 PM MST

Wow! That's a lovely little detail of Canada.
    I just googled Vancouver Island and it looks absolutely gorgeous. What a wonderful place to live in! :D
      November 16, 2019 7:41 PM MST

November 16, 2019 5:17 PM MST

I'm with you Whitehair.
    You're one of the people here that I most like.

Like you, I prefer an open-minded personality, someone honest and authentic, not afraid to show who they are, and yes, I also prefer someone who's well-educated and intelligent. I like original and independent thinkers. I also love most creative types. I prefer libertarian, compassionate and green values. I have no time for racists or sexists.

I usually accept offers of friendship. But I might not stay friends if I later discover a lack of sympatico.

I've turned TrashBags down countless times. I suspect he's only after a playmate for his particular preference which is not to my taste. I feel very irritated by his approaches - but I suspect he can't remember who's said no.

I feel the friendly vibe with my friends in the discussions on this mainboard.

But what I would like better is more interactions through private messages, something more like sharing coffee and getting to know each other better.

This post was edited by inky at November 17, 2019 11:28 AM MST
      November 16, 2019 6:05 PM MST

What a nice message...:) 
      November 16, 2019 6:21 PM MST

Thank you! :)
    I often enjoy your cheeky innuendo, esp., between you and Element. :)

November 16, 2019 7:24 PM MST

• I thank you with a virtual hug, bookworm. It looks like we are soul sisters when I read your post. I am a bookworm also, next to other things we have in common. My favorite TV channel is PBS. I have the feeling that we will know each other better over time. 
      November 17, 2019 11:41 AM MST

Being open minded....putting wildlife & nature before humans political evilness, the health and welfare of our planet must always come first for us all to survive...
      November 16, 2019 6:27 PM MST

Amen to that!
    I so wish the whole of humanity would wake up to the idea that we depend on the good health of the natural environment for our own health and survival.
    We are seeing the effects of the 1ºC warming that we have now, And the science projects we are on our way towards 3ºC. Just how bad does it have to get before people take it seriously?
      November 16, 2019 7:21 PM MST

First you need to remove everyone in the worlds blinkers...then try to re educate most all of them....why the major countries and petrochemical companies are not dredging the oceans of plastics large,small and tiny is beyond me....I can't ever see how it's possible to clean them...Maybe one day in the near future ,we will all VD able to walk across oceans on the floating plastic waste...There are the beginings of small plastic Islands forming.....:(
      November 16, 2019 7:49 PM MST

Just friendly interactions. Even if disagreeing. As long as they can disagree on a topic without putting down the other person. 
      November 16, 2019 6:30 PM MST

• Thank you for making a very important point. 
      November 17, 2019 11:01 AM MST

I set a high bar.
    First, they must have some of  the qualities of Element, Randy D, JA, bookworm, Nice Jugs, Nanoose, my2cents, Jaimie, Welby, Our favorite Trump hater, Whitehair, ALF, carbon, Winged Wonder and all the alias there of, all the goat herd, Baba, Stu, Nevan (who rarely talks to me, but, for some reason, I still like the guy... ,) My favorite Douglas Adams character that takes me as long to type his name correctly as it does for me to write this sentence because I want to spell it correctly, and I'm sure many from the past that are important.  I have not forgotten but can't think of their clever names right this moment.

If they have some of the qualities all these people have, then they have a chance of being a wonderful person that I would like to get to know further than just a name. This post was edited by Merlin at November 17, 2019 11:26 AM MST
      November 17, 2019 12:48 AM MST

• Thanks, Merlin. The ID names  you mentionerd "speak to me", too. I feel honored to be included. To anybody who would be interested to know me better, refer to my website and look into the main tabs and sub-pages. https://karinbartsch.weebly.com  Another possibility would be facebook. There I am Karin Herrmann Bartsch
      November 17, 2019 11:16 AM MST