Active Now

my2cents
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Do you wanna build a snowman?

Do you wanna build a snowman?

Frozen II hits the cinemas next week. I'm tempted to take my grandson - is two too young?

Posted - November 23, 2019

Responses

I'm not trying to be a poor sport.  The enthusiasm that you would like to see it at, especially on big screen is wonderful and to think, you would like to share it with your 2 y/o grandson is even better.
    I am reluctant to say; however,  in respect to other movie-goers, yes.
    You can totally fake people out, though!  Use a carseat, or something of that nature.  Place a doll in it and cover the whole thing.  
    Now you have the perfect ploy for going to see the movie!!
    :) :)
      November 23, 2019 3:54 AM MST

Why does anyone need a ploy? If you want to see a movie, just go see it. Nobody else cares, and you shouldn't worry about what they think anyway.
      November 23, 2019 10:03 AM MST

He will not remember it. Wait til it is available on VCR and rent it.
      November 23, 2019 4:18 AM MST

VCR? 
      November 23, 2019 5:19 AM MST

What? You don't have one?

November 23, 2019 5:30 AM MST

Not for about 20 years, since they became obsolete. 

I’m just wondering how long you‘ll have to wait to get the movie in that old format. Like Bruno Mars releasing an 8-track....

November 23, 2019 6:13 AM MST

Ooh. 8-tracks were awesome.
      November 23, 2019 8:28 AM MST

I remember riding in my dad's 1960 pickup truck that had an 8-track tape deck in it.  Man!  It was so stylin'!  We used to play The Beach Boys and Neil Diamond.  Sometimes my mom even broke out a little John Denver.
    Are you getting sick?  It's true!  In fact, I Am Sure they still have those 8-tracks running around their cassette tape deck collection, to this day!! ;) :)  True Story!! :) :)
      November 24, 2019 8:53 AM MST

Video Cassette Recorder.....it's it the first letter from each word to save typing long messages I suppose, Lazy people have been abreath'ating long words for decades ,cus so many make spieling miss takes and they no Randy B and Stew is simmering some where in the wings waithing to pounce on some cute English blonde again......:( 
      November 23, 2019 5:36 AM MST

I luv ur speeling an no how to speak good two.
      November 23, 2019 5:51 AM MST

Mi Gram'rrrrrrr taunted me to weed mostly in Er gar'den ...l had 2 white down in a pen and not with one four a change ....Fore tu scents I'd do henny fing with chickens to keep from thall in fowl of Er :( 
      November 23, 2019 6:28 AM MST

I know what VCR’s are...or were, back in the 1980’s
      November 23, 2019 6:14 AM MST

VCR to you too....just so you realise ,its short four "Very Clever Response".    Hehe.   Xx
      November 23, 2019 6:36 AM MST

Sure: pour white rum, coconut cream, OJ, peach schnapps, and pineapple juice into a blender with ice and serve in a highball glass. Snowman. 

The other kind of snowman is a winter thing, ....yecch. 

*Good luck getting a 2 yr old to sit through a movie in a dark theater. 

This post was edited by Don Barzini at November 24, 2019 8:54 AM MST
      November 23, 2019 5:17 AM MST

Where did Snowmen come from ? And are all Snowwomen just left on ice to freeze their Bit's off in the great melting pot of spring time when humans spring to life once more..:)
      November 23, 2019 6:33 AM MST

It's now a genderless snow-person here. PC, you know.
      November 23, 2019 8:30 AM MST

Coca Cola will be most displeased with others messing with their products.   :(  
      November 23, 2019 3:06 PM MST

Personally, I think a 2-year old is too young to sit through a movie without disturbing the other movie-goers.  Just my experience with my own nieces and nephews.  It will come out on Netflix before long and you can watch it with him at home.
      November 23, 2019 8:21 AM MST

• I’m dying to see that movie. My niece is here today and I asked her if she wanted to go see it. All she wants to do is watch mean girls on Netflix :( so take him while he still likes that stuff, STAT!
      November 23, 2019 8:48 AM MST

I'll be building my Christmas snowman next week - its a pan of water with a couple of lumps of coal and a carrot in it and a sign that says - Vancouver Island Snowman (our weather is usally too warm for snowmen). Cheers and happy weekend!
      November 23, 2019 9:53 AM MST

The Hat!!!
    You need the magician's magic hat to make your snowman become real!!  Do you not have Frosty up North??
    Big Winks and Smiles!  Don just pulled up!  See ya soon and good luck!!
      November 24, 2019 8:56 AM MST

In response to the title/question "Do you wanna build a snowman?" ... well, heck. I still recall the huge snowman my youngest niece (now aged 7) wanted to build just outside the window of my bungalow bedroom; as she knew of my disabilities preventing me from going out & playing with her in the snow & she just felt so sorry for me, knowing that I was missing out on the fun. I have to admit, it was quite a surprise when I opened the window-blind the next day! LOL. In response to your more serious question; me being an auntie since the age of 9 (& currently having a total of 8 nieces/nephews, now that I'm 31.5 years old), I can safely say that a two-year-old probably won't be very focused on watching the entire "Frozen II" animated feature film in the cinema, as most toddlers won't stay perfectly still in front of a TV screen for extended periods. My youngest nephew is currently 2-3 years old & he will often get up & play all around the room, even when we put his favourite TV shows on for him (he would also grizzle & cry as well as try his hardest to escape whenever he is placed in his buggy/pram to watch a movie, even trying to tip his pram over with him still in it ... so we try not to force him to watch films any more). Another thing too is that the "Frozen" franchise is really more of a girl's type of movie; as my second-youngest nephew (same age as my youngest niece) had absolutely no desire to watch the movie his "twin cousin" adored so much, calling it a "cartoon for girls" & even my youngest nephew didn't seem to want to watch it with my niece. In my personal opinion, it would be pointless to take your grandson to a movie he likely won't be able to sit through; especially since two-year-olds would be far too young to remember & grasp the concept of the story's plot within the movie anyway (unless he/she is a prodigy or is blessed with a photographic memory). I understand you want to spend time with your grandson, but I feel the cinema is perhaps not the best idea for children under 4 years old; though this is only my own personal opinion. You could always take your grandson to an indoor playground/jungle-gym, perhaps a day out to the beach/seaside, a public water-park/swimming pool, maybe a trip to a zoo, aquarium, wildlife park/sanctuary or any farm open for public visits & amusement/theme parks can also be fun (though unless it's got a lot of rides suitable for little ones to have fun too, I'd probably wait a couple more years or so before bringing your grandson out to go on those kind of rides). Of course, even just a simple day out can be stimulating enough for a toddler; going into town to browse shops, maybe getting one or two treats or toys as long as he/she promises to be good, going for a nice lunch someplace (though I'm not saying it has to be fancy or expensive when I say "a nice lunch"), then perhaps stopping at a playground to let the tot run around for a little while, to burn off some of his/her energy before heading back home again. It's totally up to you what you want to do, though. I'm honestly not trying to tell you how to be a grandparent (at least not intentionally), so my apologies if it comes across this way or if I've overstepped your personal boundaries. I guess I'm just keen to offer some guidance that might help you to strengthen the bond between you & your grandson, which I hope it truly does, my friend. Hopefully this helps you, though. Wishing you & your grandson (as well as the rest of your family) all the best... xoxo <3 xoxo
      November 24, 2019 9:37 AM MST