Active Now

Element 99
CosmicWunderkind
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Does it bother you when somebody here asks a question, nobody actually answers it, but instead makes a comment

Does it bother you when somebody here asks a question, nobody actually answers it, but instead makes a comment

that starts an endless thread of other comments, sometimes arguments, that have nothing to do with the question?

https://answermug.com/forums/topic/94917/please-list-five-5-ways-trump-has-negatively-or-positively-af

Posted - November 24, 2019

Responses

It was a good question and it deserves good answers and I think most people who replied to it answered it as best they could.  I really only saw two answers that didn't at least try to answer it as it was asked.
      November 24, 2019 6:28 PM MST

In my opinion, questions are a starting point for a discussion, not a pop quiz. So no, it doesn't bother me.
      November 24, 2019 6:37 PM MST

If you're asking this in a general sense, then my response is that no, it does not bother me in the least. However, if you're asking about that particular question to which you've included the link, I have to alter my response a bit. 
      Almost any Trump-related post is guaranteed to generate a plethora of extreme responses, surpassing the adage about religion and politics being the two topics that are better left untouched. A Trump-related post is bait; it attracts frenzied attitudes and emotions. While I'm still not bothered by anyone who comments instead of responds, it's the focus of some the comments and the focus of some of the answers that irk.  No amount of name-calling and mud-slinging is a good substitute for open debate.  One person cramming his or her opinion down others' throats and not accepting the fact that differing perspectives can exist simultaneously are actions that poison this and any other environment. 
    ~

November 25, 2019 5:59 AM MST

Good answer
    irk  ilk
      November 25, 2019 9:31 AM MST

Irk. 

irk
    /ərk/
    verb
    verb: irk; 3rd person present: irks; past tense: irked; past participle: irked; gerund or present participle: irking irritate; annoy.
    1. "it irks her to think of the runaround she received"

November 25, 2019 9:05 PM MST

You oike ....:) 
      November 25, 2019 9:55 PM MST

I usually draw a blank when I leave no comments on the questions I don't answer....it's so frustrating for me as I normally have a great comeback line all ready planed and no one to tell it to wind them up even more.....
    One day soon ,I'm going to leave no comments again ,just to see what other Muggers reactions will be to that....   :( 
      November 25, 2019 9:52 PM MST

What's a question Mark   !?!?!?     :( 
      November 25, 2019 9:57 PM MST

"That's a bloody ridiculous thing to say...and you've had those underpants on for five days now, five bloody days!! You'll be peeling those underpants off!!"

This post was edited by kjames at November 26, 2019 4:34 PM MST
      November 26, 2019 4:33 PM MST