Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Are you a morning person? What time do you awaken and how do you start your day?

Are you a morning person? What time do you awaken and how do you start your day?

Posted - January 25, 2020

Responses

• I am definitely a morning person!  I get up about 5 a.m. ... love the peace and quiet AND I get to see the sunrise!  
      January 25, 2020 6:47 AM MST

• I wouldn’t say I’m a morning person, but I still wake up around 6am-7am on weekends, I hate that I can’t sleep in. I usually spend my mornings on weekends drinking coffee and procrastinating on things I need to do for the day. On weekdays I spend my mornings drinking coffee and wishing I could sit around procrastinating instead of going to stupid work. 
      January 25, 2020 6:50 AM MST

Why not just quit the job that you hate, move in with me, and become my personal sandwich-maker?  I’m always looking for ways to help you out of life’s little problems. Oh, and don’t worry about my wife: she’ll calm down once you convince her that having you around gives her more time to devote to the housework. I’m also hoping to have Jane S move in with me by the end of 2020.  She’ll be assigned to tilde management, so your paths will hardly ever cross. Just don’t tiptoe into my bed chamber when it’s her night and things should go smoothly.)

~
      January 25, 2020 8:24 AM MST

• NO! I’m not sharing you with THOSE other woman. I want you ( YOUR MONEY) all to myself. 

January 25, 2020 12:10 PM MST

You realize I’m dirt poor, don’t you?  I can’t guarantee you that upper crust lifestyle to which you've become accustomed. It’s two buckets a day; one holds your food, and you do whatever you like to, want to, or need to with the second one. I’m no dictator, you know. 

~
      January 25, 2020 12:54 PM MST

• You told me you are a doctor!!?? You didn’t just say that to get me out of my clothes did you? Other bucket full of cash, STAT!

January 25, 2020 1:08 PM MST

Listen, you’re the one who took off her clothes and did all those “things”.  I neither coerced you nor forced you.  You told me you’re a patient person, that turned out to be a lie.    I’m just as much of a victim here as you claim to be. 

~
      January 25, 2020 1:41 PM MST

I want to quit my job and move in with you, or just quit my job. 
      January 25, 2020 12:10 PM MST

(((My Morning Glory, your name is number one on the list, way above Jaimie and/or Jane S, it’s just that with their delicate mental conditions, I have to sort of humor them and string them along. I’m sure you understand, you’re much better suited mentally to handle these things. By the way, once you move in with me, don’t expect anything too fancy nor too  luxurious: hiding you women from my wife in my basement dungeon suites gets really expensive. It’s just the basics. Shhhhhhhh.))))

~
      January 25, 2020 12:49 PM MST

Up at 4 AM
    Take care of Cat
    Exercise
    Shower
    Breakfast
    and then...
    Ready for work and everything
    the day has to offer.

January 25, 2020 8:09 AM MST

I joined the US Marine Corps when I was 18 years old, I served three tours of duty, and part of the life in the Corps is becoming accustomed to rising early. That behavior has been so deeply ingrained in me that decades later, I have never shaken it, nor have I ever wanted to. Lying in bed for hours on end is not even close to anything I ever seek nor envy. Weekdays and weekends, workdays and holidays, in health and in sickness, it is extremely rare for me to wallow in the sack. 

I do not have any one particular routine that has lasted throughout the decades of my lifetime, my days vary too much for that.  Lately, I incorporate my exercise regimen into my weekly schedule, and I always prefer doing it before starting work. On exercise days, I don’t eat breakfast until after I’ve worked out. I am not nor have I ever been a coffee drinker, but I do enjoy breakfast.

[DISCLAIMER: the photo is not of my actual platoon.]

~
      January 25, 2020 8:15 AM MST

I am NOT. I stagger out of bed around 8am, make a bee line for the kitchen and make a cup of bitumen, aka coffee. Do not talk to me until after my second cup. Even then, if somebody says "good morning" they'll be answered with "Bleah. What's good about it?". Shower, shave and dress.
    I'm on the bus at 11, start work at either 12.30 or 1pm, depending on the day (Mondays start half an hour early - I work a 76 hour fortnight).
      January 25, 2020 8:15 AM MST

Weekdays up at 5. Make sure my son is up. Relax on couch. Turn on the news. And normally check the Mug. Get breakfast and start my day. No real work until March. 

Weekends up around 7. 

I have always been a morning person for as long as I can remember. This post was edited by my2cents at January 25, 2020 12:10 PM MST
      January 25, 2020 8:51 AM MST

Yep, I am. I am the most productive as soon as I get up. Once the afternoon hits, I am exhausted. 
      January 25, 2020 12:13 PM MST

Wait, that’s exactly when I need you to start making the evening’s fresh sandwiches for me!

~
      January 25, 2020 1:43 PM MST

How about this plan: you go make your own sandwiches and you can pretend I made them for you. *Holds up knife to your chin* Capiche? This post was edited by Lady Ondine at January 25, 2020 1:52 PM MST
      January 25, 2020 1:47 PM MST

Gee, that’s strange, but I suddenly no longer have a craving for sandwiches. Nope, nothing there at all, not a smidge.  Okay, thanks for stopping by, I see you have your coat, here are your car keys, drive carefully and give me a call to let me know you get home safely, BYE!
    ~
      January 25, 2020 2:32 PM MST

Excuse me? I’m keeping the house. You get out! 
      January 25, 2020 2:35 PM MST

Make his sammiches with THIS. He'll find a reason to leave all on his ownsome.
      January 25, 2020 8:59 PM MST

I thought Aussies loved that stuff!
      January 25, 2020 9:03 PM MST

We do. Randy's not an Aussie.
      January 25, 2020 9:13 PM MST

Maybe he is open-minded. 
      January 25, 2020 9:19 PM MST

Ask him. He HATES Vegemite.
      January 25, 2020 10:25 PM MST

Lady Ondine, I don't know if you've ever tasted Vegemite, but I certainly have. If you've tasted it and like it, fine.  I'll never touch it again in my life. 
    ~
      January 25, 2020 10:33 PM MST