Active Now

Shuhak
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » Have you ever met and talked with a celebrity, but at the time you talked, you had no idea who he/she was? And you only found out later?

Have you ever met and talked with a celebrity, but at the time you talked, you had no idea who he/she was? And you only found out later?

it's happened twice for me.

Singer Kenny Chesney

Image result for kenny chesney

Actor William Sadler

Image result for william sadler

Posted - January 28, 2020

Responses

Yes. I bumped into Dale Bozio from Missing Persons at Hampton Beach way back in the day. I had no clue at first until she was gone. I stood behind her while she ordered food at a sandwich shop/.

I also had the pleasure of witnessing Linda Kasabian, one of the Manson girls, try to pick a start chit with my ex at a crappy bar in Salisbury Mass. They almost got into a fight. LOL  We had no clue until the bartender informed us of who she was.  She was a  filthy,  old dried-up whore. LOL
      January 28, 2020 11:06 PM MST

Those were fun to read, Jonny Goat, thanks!
    :)

No surprise - I know - but I was attracted to both of the guys in my encounters. :)
      January 29, 2020 6:12 AM MST

I'm glad you enjoyed those tales and they ARE true! *snicker*

I've had celebrity encounters as well.  For instance, I went to a graduation party for Nancy Baily. She had just received her PHD and her brother in Hyannis had a party for her....Maybe you have heard of him, F Lee Baily? LOL.  The dude was a rush and I smoked some weed with him. He's very down to earth and quite humorous.

I went to a comedy club in Fanuel Hall in Boston.  I picked up some tickets,  a front-row table to be exact, for an up-coming comedienne at the time.
    God was not there to help us that night. LOL! If I had known who she was that would not have been my first choice.  My BF and I were a prime target for some ribbing. Have you ever heard of Lisa Lampanelli? Se roasted our gay asses badly!  lol
    After the show, she was signing DVDs in the lobby. When she saw us, she came up to us and gave us both hugs and thanked us for being good sports. On a whim, we asked her if she wanted to have a few beers with us and to our surprise, she accepted.  We spent about an hour or two yakking with her and hanging out after she finished handing out her stuff. I love that woman.  She was very nice and shared tales of celebrities she knew including her thoughts on Andy Dick which I shall not repeat here for fear of getting moderated.
    We had so much fun! This post was edited by Jon at January 29, 2020 8:42 PM MST
      January 29, 2020 12:36 PM MST

That's all excellent stuff! Thanks! F. Lee -- I read hsi book on Manson. Funny -- you meant two people invoeld with all that - - Bailey and Kasabian!

Your stories are way better than my encounters. But I still enjoyed mine, too.I was an extra in the movie "The Shawshank Redemption" and I was talking with an attractive guy (he was very nice and funny besides the 'physical' - - and then another attractive guy came over and started talking to both of us. Thought he was another extra. He was very, very funny, too. Nice guy. But, over a year later, when I went to see the movie, there was this second guy who had talked to us! One of the stars of the movie! William Sadler. And, so fun for me, by FAR - -Sadler plays the best role/character in the movie for me.

Be well, friend! :)
      January 29, 2020 8:48 PM MST

Oh - - and, yes - - I've heard of Lisa!
      January 29, 2020 8:49 PM MST

I've read a lot about the Manson stuff and what he and they all did. Sad, tragic, lots of adjectives, for sure.

Interesting meeting up with Kasabian!

I would not know Bozio, either.

January 29, 2020 6:18 AM MST

Last weekend, my friend and I were looking for something to do so I browsed through listings and discovered a there was a somewhat well-known comedian (he's been on TV) with a show at a local venue I'd never been to. Super small place with maybe 75 seats and two rooms- the show room and the bar, separated by swinging doors. There were waitresses, but one never came by our table and the first comedian was dreadful. She was making fun of people with debilitating diseases. I waited for her to stop and then bolted into the bar, stood there for a few minutes and nobody came. There was one other guy in the bar, so we started joking about how it was self-serve. The bartender finally came out and helped me and I gave the guy a nod and left. He was on stage about 20 minutes later. Yeah. That's skill. I didn't recognize the guy I specifically went to see. 
      January 28, 2020 11:23 PM MST

Sounds like something I'd do, too. :)
      January 29, 2020 6:13 AM MST

The blond guy from the TV series 'Chips'. We discussed modern motorcycle racing clothing that he was promoting for someone. Also, Buzz Bundy, a famous car stunt driver offered me a job as a motorcycle stunt rider in his show.
      January 29, 2020 8:58 AM MST

Fun! Thanks, B. H. Wilson!

So, when they both talked with you, you didn't know who they were? And you only found out later who they were?
      January 29, 2020 8:52 PM MST

• If I ever talked to someone of fame unknowingly then I still to this day do not know..  So far, of the celebrities I've encountered, I always knew who they were.
      January 29, 2020 9:38 AM MST

Like me. I am an internet celebrity! 
      January 29, 2020 12:28 PM MST

•   January 29, 2020 12:30 PM MST

January 29, 2020 12:42 PM MST

You can Google me even.  WE ARE ALL SUPER STARS ON THIS BUS.
      January 29, 2020 12:49 PM MST

I don't know if that's true. I mean, for Cousin Petra sure. But I don't know how many cockatoos qualify...

January 29, 2020 6:55 PM MST

That makes sense. :)

In my cases, I only found out by chance later that they were famous - - I shared one of my encounters in a comment under Jonny Goat's answer. :)
      January 29, 2020 8:53 PM MST

I didn't speak with her, but one time at the hair salon I was seated next to someone who starred in hit TV series. I had no idea she was a celebrity until my stylist told me and to this day I cannot remember her name. Many, many years ago, my then-boyfriend stopped to help a couple who had run out of gas on the highway. He drove them to a station to get gas and then back to their car. As he was leaving, he introduced himself and gave them his business card. The couple then introduced themselves: Jim Stafford and Bobby Gentry. 
      January 29, 2020 9:56 AM MST

Bobbie Gentry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i LOVE her!!!!

She created and sang THE BEST SONG I'VE EVER HEARD!    "Ode to Billie Joe"

-- musically, poetically, performance, instrumental background arrangement and performance -- THE best song EVER.

Love your stories, thanks!

January 29, 2020 8:59 PM MST

No celebrities have had the good fortune to meet me.
      January 29, 2020 10:48 AM MST

Somehow I didn't see your answer til just now - - woops!

Good answer! :)

January 29, 2020 9:41 PM MST

Who is that second guy?  I still don't know him.  

I think he would be more impressed with meeting me.
      January 29, 2020 12:40 PM MST

Your ego is as big as mine.
      January 29, 2020 1:26 PM MST

William Sadler -- impressive actor! He was in "The Shawshank Redemption" (during filming is when he came up and started talking with me  -- I thought he was another extra like I was; I'm an extra in that movie; I only knew he was famous after, over a year later, I went and saw the movie and there he was - -  one of the stars in it) and "The Green Mile" among many other films. Great actor! He's very handsome to me. And he was really nice and funny.

in Shawshank --

Image result for william sadler shawshank redemption This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at March 14, 2020 11:26 PM MDT
      January 29, 2020 9:03 PM MST