Active Now

Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » Have you ever met and talked with a celebrity, but at the time you talked, you had no idea who he/she was? And you only found out later?

Have you ever met and talked with a celebrity, but at the time you talked, you had no idea who he/she was? And you only found out later?

it's happened twice for me.

Singer Kenny Chesney

Image result for kenny chesney

Actor William Sadler

Image result for william sadler

Posted - January 28, 2020

Responses

Not exactly.  However, when I had not been  working very long, right out of high school, I was in the office after most people were gone due to needing to make a phone call which I would not have dared do during business hours.  My boss said I could use the phone after hours.  I finished my call and started toward the door when a man walked out of my bosses office and extended his  hand and introduced himself as John XXXXXX.  I said hello John and that it was nice to meet him but that I was in a hurry to catch a bus.  He smiled and said goodbye.  Turned out he was the governor of the state.  I had no clue.  It was only important because I felt kind of stupid but seriously, I did not get interested in things like politics and current events until my late 20s.  As fate would have it I ended up working in the legal/regulatory world with frequent contact with politicians.  
      January 29, 2020 2:48 PM MST

Your story "counts" as far as fitting my question. :)

I smiled especially where you mentioned about using the phone -- I, too, at jobs, would never have used the phone during business hours and a couple of times used it after hours, with permission.
    :) 
      January 29, 2020 9:06 PM MST

Nope. 

~
      March 14, 2020 11:28 PM MDT

It's only happened twice for me; the two guys I mentioned in my question.
      March 15, 2020 4:16 AM MDT

I think that having it happen twice is a bit remarkable!

~
      March 15, 2020 8:57 AM MDT

Cool.

Both were fun, enjoyable encounters. I shared details of my encounter with William Sadler under Jon's answer in this question and a bit in Sharonna's thread. (But I see you already 'liked' my posts there, so you know that story.)
    As far as Kenny Chesney, as I got out of my car in the parking lot of a local YMCA, I saw a large bus in the parking lot. And this attractive fit guy was skipping in large circles around the bus -- BIG, athletic kind of work-out skipping.  I've done that before and it takes a lot of energy. So, besides finding him attractive, I did go over to encourage him and tell him I've done that kind of skipping, too.
    After a pleasant short conversation, I entered the Y building and was accosted by three women - -"You were talking to Kenny Chesney!!" 

Any time I've seen or heard him since, it's sort of nice. He was very nice, too.

Yeah, I guess you're right - - situations like that don't often happen.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at March 15, 2020 1:54 PM MDT
      March 15, 2020 12:11 PM MDT