Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Should the impeachment process of Donald Trump have started several months before it actually did, and if so, might it have ended the same?

Should the impeachment process of Donald Trump have started several months before it actually did, and if so, might it have ended the same?

I’m aware that it’s not completely over yet.  I’m posting this question now, but those who answer might potentially do so once the final steps have taken place.
~

Posted - February 2, 2020

Responses

It should have never started.

The delusional opponents would have loved to have started it the day he took office.

Everyone in touch with reality knows it is a joke and the President will be cleared.
      February 2, 2020 2:35 AM MST

Be careful with the “everyone knows” stance. Different people know different things, and you don’t know who knows what, so you really can’t state it that way. 

For example, on election night in 2016, I thought there was no way in the world that Hillary Clinton would not prevail, I stopped watching coverage very early in the evening and went to bed. Imagine my shock and surprise to learn the next morning that it was instead Donald Trump who prevailed. It was an outcome that not everyone knew about ahead of time, regardless of what they may have assumed or expected. 
    ~
      February 2, 2020 2:47 AM MST

Everybody knows that His Royal Orangeness is as guilty as sin but the Senate, being almost corrupt as he is, won't convict. They're not even allowing witnesses to be called, rendering the entire process a farce.
      February 2, 2020 4:42 AM MST

I am curious.

Do you base your sentiment upon the conviction (pun!) that President Trump has done nothing impeachable, or because no matter what offenses he committed there was no way the Senate would convict him?
      February 2, 2020 7:22 AM MST

It was always going to end the same way, given the mindless partisanship now entrenched in US politics. It sure was enlightening though, to watch Trump’s apologists contort their reasoning for defending what most agreed was unethical behavior, while the petulant defendant continued to publicly hurt his own cause. 

February 2, 2020 7:01 AM MST

You call it enlightening. I call it depressing.... (Note: link is directed at Trump sycophants, not you)
      February 2, 2020 7:24 AM MST

As you might have guessed, I was being facetious. 
      February 2, 2020 7:36 AM MST

I will admit at times the pretzel-twist "logic" people use to defend their ideologically-preferred positions is amusing. But I think it is also highly dangerous, because the same flawed reasoning is used in much more consequential domains (e.g. Should we invade/occupy Iraq? Should we take steps to mitigate anthropogenic climate change? etc.)
      February 2, 2020 7:42 AM MST