Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » I just received my metal weed pipe from China on the slow-boat, and of course utilized it. What are my chances of having coronavirus?

I just received my metal weed pipe from China on the slow-boat, and of course utilized it. What are my chances of having coronavirus?

It was handled by the vendor, China Post, customs (both points, sharing the love), USPS, and finally to me....and everyone who those handlers have came in contact with.  Just imagine those handling my water pipe, and after that my hygrometer.  

Posted - February 27, 2020

Responses

Did you weed all the safety information that came with your pipe ...you need to check if you live in a smoke free zone before you blaze up your Doobie to....:( 
      February 27, 2020 5:33 PM MST

• Yep, plus I hold safety meeting multiple times a day. xD
      February 27, 2020 5:38 PM MST

Please be aware that this habit of yours really sucks...:( 
      February 27, 2020 5:41 PM MST

• That's what you said. :P
      February 27, 2020 6:08 PM MST

How long does a virus live outside the body, I wonder myself.  They are spraying the sidewalks and outside of buildings for some reason. 
      February 27, 2020 5:59 PM MST

I think there is a very good chance of you catching the coronavirus from the pipe from China so you should throw it away and buy another one that is made in your Country. Actually there is probably little chance of you catching the coronavirus from the pipe so happy hooting. Thought I would do some bragging and say - today I worked for one of my grounds keeping customers that pays me in bud and she gave me almost 2 ounces of good bud for 6 hours work. So I'm pretty happy with that and I'm thinking of smoking some of it in my self sucking bong this weekend. I made the bong and I used a electric breast pump to get it to do the sucking  for me - it works pretty good but it  makes a clicking sound ever few seconds so it gets annoying after awhile. Cheers!
      February 27, 2020 6:06 PM MST

• Tim "the bong man" Taylor :P
      February 27, 2020 6:11 PM MST

It's more likely to have faecal matter on it, imagine all those people who scratch their arse, or don't wash their hands after the toilet? Can you catch the virus from that do you think? And on that note...enjoy your smoke.
      February 27, 2020 6:07 PM MST

• Oh, hepatitis to boot. :P
      February 27, 2020 6:13 PM MST

Did you avoid touching your new pipe until you had sterilised it in boiling water?

If it came from a region of China outside the infection zone you'll be alright, no chance of Corona.

If it came from within and you didn't sterilise, there is a chance.
    An object can transmit the virus if it's carrying the droplets of breath from an infectious person.

Roughly 1% of people die from the disease. Most recover.
    If you develop any mild cold-like symptoms, keep your hands clean, wear a mask, 
    and get yourself tested at a local hospital.
    Keep yourself quarantined until the results come back.
    If it's positive, they will give you instructions. This post was edited by inky at March 1, 2020 12:32 PM MST
      February 27, 2020 6:25 PM MST

Did you avoid touching your new pipe until you had sterilised it in boiling water?

If it came from a region of China outside the infection zone you'll be alright, no chance of Corona.

An object can transmit the virus if it carrying the droplets of breath from an infectious person.

If you develop any mild cold-like symptoms, keeps your hands clean, wear a mask
    If it's positive, they will give you instructions.

An object can transmit the virus if it carrying the droplets of breath from an infectious person.

If you develop any mild cold-like symptoms, keeps your hands clean, wear a mask
    If it's positive, they will give you instructions.

Pretty close to zero, Coronavirus is air vectored. If you have Coronavirus, that's not how you got it. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at February 29, 2020 8:24 AM MST
      February 27, 2020 6:43 PM MST

You might get it, but you probably won't care.
      February 27, 2020 7:00 PM MST

• DING DING DING goes the trolley! xD
      February 29, 2020 8:24 AM MST

• It has been my experience that one should always be careful what one puts in one's mouth.
      February 27, 2020 7:16 PM MST

• By all means, please elaborate on these personal experiences with things in your mouth.  
      February 29, 2020 8:28 AM MST