Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » What did you have on your first lunch box for school? I had the Care Bears.

What did you have on your first lunch box for school? I had the Care Bears.

Posted - March 6, 2020

Responses

I've actually got a TuTu and I've seem photos of girls with three....lol ....it's true...
      March 6, 2020 7:21 PM MST

You don’t even understand what you just said..you just threw that in there to Confuse me again. Lol 
      March 6, 2020 7:23 PM MST

I was serious on all counts....lol
      March 6, 2020 7:27 PM MST

Oh...  okay I just got that one too.  I needed the “counts“ clue lol. 
      March 6, 2020 7:28 PM MST

I only pay in Clue'dough...and it's only Cash in Hand...:)
      March 7, 2020 6:10 AM MST

I never carried a lunch box. In elementary school, we walked home for lunch, then back to school. In HS I carried a paper bag.
      March 6, 2020 3:47 PM MST

• I bagged it JHS and HS.  It was the only way I could afford gas in the truck.  It was bag or bus.
      March 6, 2020 3:56 PM MST

I did that, too. Sometimes I "carried," though.
      March 6, 2020 5:39 PM MST

Oh, you were one of those go home for lunch kids! I always thought they were lucky. I figured they got to watch price is right at lunch. I only got to watch price is right when I was sick and that really wasn’t fair for me. 
      March 6, 2020 6:06 PM MST

Wow...We watched 'The Match Game'.
      March 6, 2020 6:49 PM MST

Ohhh I love that show! It’s on the rewind station here :) I love how they  all just smoked and drank on television and weren’t pc at all with any of their comments  :) 
      March 6, 2020 6:53 PM MST

Image result for Laugh in lunch box
      March 6, 2020 5:38 PM MST

I bet that one would be worth some money if still had it :) I want that now lol. 
      March 6, 2020 6:07 PM MST

:)
    :)
      March 6, 2020 6:08 PM MST

I really think it was just like this one. 

1960'S ALADDIN PLAID METAL LUNCH BOX AND THERMOS

It had a glass lining that could be removed to clean every inch thoroughly.    It was the only one I had and I used it often and for years.  After I married and my husband was in graduate school he used the Thermos to take warm food to eat when he could grab a few minutes. 

Yes, when I left home I took my lunchbox!

Emoji Timeline This post was edited by Thriftymaid at March 7, 2020 11:03 AM MST
      March 6, 2020 8:58 PM MST

Lol cute :) 
      March 7, 2020 11:04 AM MST

I found them!  I went digging through the closet in my basement just to answer this question!  OK, the one I had first was a purple plastic lunchbox with Barbie on it.  She's wearing pink overalls and a black and pink striped sweater. and the thermos is white with a purple top.

The lunchbox I had after that was a SpongeBob Squarepants lunch box.  I don't remember which grade I went from Barbie to SpongeBob but I opened it up and there's still some crackers and cheese spread that I guess I forgot to eat when I was in 8th grade!  lol, there was also a late work notice stuffed in the thermos that I was supposed to have my parents sign and return to the teacher by May 14, 2007.  It says it's for a literature report on Beowulf.   Ugh, I don't even remember that assignment but yay!  Crackers and cheese spread!  They look like they're still good!

This post was edited by Livvie at March 7, 2020 4:31 PM MST
      March 6, 2020 11:10 PM MST

Lol don’t eat the cheese spread, LIVVIE!! I love that you went and found them :)
      March 7, 2020 11:05 AM MST

lol, they were still good and I'm still alive and not sick or anything.  Yeah, I ate it.  Don't be jealous of my cheese spread and crackers!

The school I went to from kindergarten to 8th grade had hot lunch on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays so dad always made me eat that (yuck) but Tuesdays and Thursdays were the days he packed my lunch for me (yum).  I wonder why he never took the thermos out of my lunchbox.  He never put anything in it but oh well, it was good for storing things I either didn't want my parents to see or I didn't want the principal to see.

I thought my lunchbox was the coolest cuz yeah, SpongeBob.  The boys all brought boring paper bags because it was a private Christian school and one Tuesday the pastor's kid decided he was too cool for lunchboxes so he brought his lunch in a brown paper bag and then on the next Thursday all of the boys except for one in my class ditched their lunchboxes and started bringing plain boring paper bags, lol.
      March 7, 2020 11:33 AM MST

Lol, I’m glad you survived the cheese and cracker pack. was it one of those ones with the red plastic stick for spreading the cheese? I loved those when I was a kid! I probably would still love them. I’m not one who cares much for junky food. But I have a fondness For that fake processed cheese Lol. I love real and good cheese too. But one of my guilty pleasures is whenever I cross the border into the US I need to but that cheese you have in the spray can... like ready whip... mmmm spray cheese :) 
      March 7, 2020 8:33 PM MST

I got a hot lunch at school, but I did have a Roy Rogers/ Dale Evans book bag. (Back packs were not used in my day).

March 7, 2020 5:50 AM MST

I was joking about backpacks not being used in the ”olden days” on another post a day or so ago. I didn’t realize that backpacks were that new a thing :) I don’t know the character from that movie or show either. this site makes me feel so young ;) lol 
      March 7, 2020 11:08 AM MST

How cute!  I never had a backpack or a book bag.  I don't remember it being a problem in primary school but it high school I often had quite a load to carry home.  
      March 7, 2020 4:26 PM MST

March 7, 2020 11:06 AM MST

Is that anime crap?? 
      March 7, 2020 11:09 AM MST