Active Now

Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » When was the last time you actually enjoyed a good movie?

When was the last time you actually enjoyed a good movie?

Posted - May 5, 2020

Responses

I enjoy all the good ones. It's the not good ones I have trouble enjoying. :p

Just watched Instant Family this week. That was adorable. Bloodshot was good too. 
      May 5, 2020 11:58 AM MDT

A few days ago we watched The Promised Land with Matt Damon.  I enjoyed it.

I am going to start The Stand after a while.
      May 5, 2020 12:01 PM MDT

The Stephen King made-for-TV mini-series "The Stand"?

I've not seen "The Promised Land."
      May 5, 2020 3:23 PM MDT

No, this is The Stand at Paxton County.  I was OK.  I thought it was going to be about the ranchers who took a stand against the government a number of years ago but it wasn't.  I think this one was fiction but certainly not out of the realm of possibility.    Promised Land was, well I'm not going to tell you as you might want to watch.  I watched both of these on Netflix. 

Promised Land Poster

The Stand at Paxton County Poster
      May 7, 2020 10:48 AM MDT

Thanks, Thriftymaid.
    I've not seen either of these - - but both are interesting images there, thanks!
    :)
      May 11, 2020 6:22 PM MDT

When watching the Red Violin.
      May 5, 2020 12:05 PM MDT

That's a good one
      May 12, 2020 8:19 PM MDT

Many times!! I pretty much like most movies.. I watch one when I am exercising on the treadmill, it takes my mind off exercising. 
      May 5, 2020 12:57 PM MDT

I can do without all the violence.  However, if Eastwood or Stallone need to kill someone, I understand.
      May 5, 2020 2:56 PM MDT

Ha!
    :)
      May 5, 2020 3:23 PM MDT

I really enjoyed watching "The Astounding She-Monster" for the first time several days ago.
    Another answerMugger encouraged me to watch it

I was always leery of watching the movie because still images from the movie that I've seen here and there for most of my life have always creeped me out. A seemingly very low budget movie but I fell into the story immediately and enjoyed. Yeah, some creepy moments for me too - - but in a cool way. And yup - - that monster creeps me.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 9, 2020 8:27 AM MDT
      May 5, 2020 3:29 PM MDT

I’m sure this movie doesn’t count merely because of its release date (1985), but I just happened to watch it again just two days ago, and I was enthralled by it all over again. Since I first saw it when it came out in 1985, I have long called it my favorite movie. It has everything: great plot, well written, action, adventure, intrigue, drama, humor, history, the age-old battle of good vs evil, all-star cast, debut movie for some future stars, a moral, morals, family values, it even has romance (blech). I’ve seen it about ten or twelve times throughout the years, and before a couple of days ago, it was probably about five to six years since I saw it last from beginning to end. Seeing it anew renewed my opinion that it’s one of the best movies ever. 

“Silverado”

~

May 5, 2020 3:41 PM MDT

During this COVID shutdown,
    have enjoyed downtime relaxation with Ari (hubby), watching
    Les Miserables after the novel by Victor Hugo,
    a 6-part series available free on ABC i-view.

ABC in Oz mean the Australian Broadcasting Corporation - it's publicly funded radio and TV - always very high quality.

The story is so amazing that now I want to read the original and let it influence my own writing - Hugo shows astounding insight into the human condition and the most exquisite compassion for suffering.
      May 5, 2020 5:40 PM MDT

• Last week when I watched two of the newest Pixar movies (Toy Story 4 and Onward). Enjoyed them both. 
      May 5, 2020 11:33 PM MDT

Last night I put on a random movie on Netflix I’d never heard of before and just planned to have it on in the background while I was doing other things. I got pulled into it right away and it’s one of the better movies I’ve watched in a long time. Plus it’s supposed to take place  90’s, so the music in it was so good.:) 

May 9, 2020 8:26 AM MDT