Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Do you think Trump is a genius for creating 'Obamagate' as a means to deflect from all his own failures?

Do you think Trump is a genius for creating 'Obamagate' as a means to deflect from all his own failures?

Obamagate 

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/12/trump-obamagate-distraction-253139

Posted - May 13, 2020

Responses

"Trump" and "genius" should never be used in the same sentence.
      May 13, 2020 11:52 AM MDT

He is just irritating the media for all their lies about him. In fact, someone in the media said he has told 16,000 lies. I'm sure they have been counting. 
      May 13, 2020 12:32 PM MDT

That is no lie, indeed they have. Not “someone in the media”, but a number of prominent newspapers.  And fact checking his lies. The total is over 17,000. 

Are you arguing that they are mistaken? 

May 13, 2020 12:54 PM MDT

They are mistaken.  These are the same ones that claim Obama told less than 20 in his 2 terms. 
      May 13, 2020 7:10 PM MDT

Deflecting? What a surprise. 

So let’s suppose it’s just a few thousand then. Maybe 10, 12. Lie to ourselves. That is so much better. 
      May 13, 2020 7:19 PM MDT

At least you admit....the lie counters are lying.
      May 13, 2020 7:44 PM MDT

Not true. I can’t say if they are lying or not, I haven’t read every single claim, nor do I have to.
    I admit Trump lies more than enough to prove himself shamelessly dishonest; regardless of what the true count is, or  whether Obama lied or not. Time you admit it, too. 

May 13, 2020 8:10 PM MDT

I read enough to know the lie counter are liars and cannot count. 
      May 13, 2020 8:40 PM MDT

No genius. No. A weak, spoiled, amoral, intellectually vacant conman, who stumbles and flails through a life of chaos, failure and betrayal papered over by shameless BS and other people’s money. 

It speaks volumes, at least to me, about the types of people who not only believe his over-the-top nonsense, but enable and defend it. 

This post was edited by Don Barzini at May 13, 2020 7:57 PM MDT
      May 13, 2020 1:11 PM MDT

Feeling grateful to you for calling it like it is.

Trump's quite extraordinary in the way he calls any unpleasant news about himself "fake",
    and yet does everything he can to create fake negative news about his opponents.

And why the shots across the bow at arrival no longer in power?
      May 13, 2020 2:54 PM MDT

The hypocrisy of Trump is all-encompassing. Projecting his own iniquities on the scapegoat of the day, while contriving his own martyrdom;  making ridiculous claims and then claiming he didn’t, or was misquoted. 

It is as if the well-worn pattern of his repugnant behavior is supposed to be lost on literally everyone, or that everyone is assumed to be under the spell. If it weren’t for the impending election, I believe there would be wider calls for him to resign. 

May 13, 2020 3:10 PM MDT

arrival a rival
      May 13, 2020 7:58 PM MDT

To me, I read just the opening lines of that article you shared -- it said Trump tweeted and retweeted 126 times this past Sunday. ( I looked up other articles, too -- they said the same amount : 126.)

That, in and of itself, says all I need to know. And, again, the man doesn't surprise me in what I see as another example of what I see as very un-Presidential behavior.

May 13, 2020 6:07 PM MDT

Consider this little paradox:

TODAY, Trump’s lawyers argued before the Supreme Court that the President has (or should have) total immunity from criminal investigations, because they demean the Office and present a
    distraction to his official duties as Commander-in-Chief. Seriously.

Yet here Trump spends another weekend demonstrating he has plenty of time to demean the Office and distract from his official duties on his own. 
      May 13, 2020 6:52 PM MDT

I'm not surprised.

He does more than enough, all by himself, to put me off to him.
    No media needed --
    No Trump Base needed jumping to his defense  - -
    No new Obama facts needed --

Trump himself speaks, and acts, for himself. (Pun intended.)
    And he attacks.
    Yes, he initiates attacks and always has. He can dish it out but he certainly cannot take his own medicine at all.

Whatever - - it all makes no difference.

May 13, 2020 7:30 PM MDT

I don't really know who came up with the label, but it isn't bad enough for Obama. I want indictments.  I heard it today for the first time.  I've been on a news break for a few days.  I decided I better peep in today and Oh my Lord.  We have Obamagate in full swing along with the dems trying to push forward a ridiculous bill with everything in the kitchen sink in it, other than epidemic fallout.  I believe Fauci needs to go back to Kansas (or wherever he used to belong).  He lost me quite a while ago.
      May 13, 2020 6:21 PM MDT

Trump did not make it up.  These are facts coming out by the DOJ. Showing how they framed Flynn and tried to framed others. Broke laws to get the investigation started and how Obama new all about it. 

Again this is not new, it is just now being doctumented. 
      May 13, 2020 7:13 PM MDT

Because we know the DOJ is a bastion of unfettered truth- at least when The Pres isn’t raging about their internal bias and corruption. No matter that Obama has been out of office for 40 months, and Trump is facing re-election in less than 6. Deflecting attention from the current state of abysmal leadership. This post was edited by Don Barzini at May 13, 2020 7:59 PM MDT
      May 13, 2020 7:34 PM MDT

With good reason. When Obama used the gov institutions to spy and lie...it makes a person mad.
      May 13, 2020 7:43 PM MDT

Can always build a good reason to distract from one’s own failures. Politics is built on it. You are being duped by it. Solves nothing. Nobody goes to jail, you should know that by now. 
      May 13, 2020 8:18 PM MDT

Did I say anyone was going to jail? No, know that. Our justice system has many tiers (based on classes, connections and political positions) and these people will never go to jail...likely not even be charged. 

But that does not make it right or stop good people from pointing it out.
      May 13, 2020 8:43 PM MDT

... or stop motivating partisan hacks from steering due attention from the follies of their own people when the chips are down. 
      May 14, 2020 4:23 AM MDT

It is all documents from during the Obama administration. If they did not want it pointed out...then perhaps they should not have done it. 
      May 14, 2020 5:39 AM MDT

The ugly irony of that statement from a devout Trump supporter is COMPLETELY LOST on you, isn’t it? 

What next, Trump demands Obama to testify?  Oh, he did! How’s THAT for naked hypocrisy...

Let’s keep our eyes on the ball, huh? 85,000 Americans have already died from a pandemic Trump denied, belittled, then badly mismanaged, and still disputes the science, and has produced no plan, no framework whatsoever, now 4 months along. Leadership? No, let’s drum up some distractions instead. 

More Americans will die, probably thousands more; Trump will continue to play make-believe President on TV, raging and complaining he’s being unfairly treated, while remaining indifferent to the victims (especially in Blue states) and the virus won’t “just go away”. 

That is what will be remembered in Nov. Too bad Trump disciples can’t keep sight of it though. That Kool Aid is strong. 

This post was edited by Don Barzini at May 14, 2020 3:03 PM MDT
      May 14, 2020 2:36 PM MDT