Discussion » Questions » Music » Can you post your least favourite song of all time, even though it was popular?

Can you post your least favourite song of all time, even though it was popular?

Posted - May 17, 2020

Responses

I don't know if it's the worst for me but it's right up there -- 

Camilla Cabello -- "Never Be the Same" - - starting at the 0:55 mark - - she starts doing this terribly annoying raspy-crappy thing, ranting about "Ni co teeeen"- - shut the eff up, Camilla.

And when you sing like that, what you need to do then is flaunt your sexuality in the music video, which she does well.

She does that annoying raspy-crappy thing with her voice in every song I've heard from her. And, unfortunately for my ears, she's not the only current raspy crappy singer.

(She has a nice voice - - it's just what she does with it all the time that I admit I allow to greatly annoy me.)

May 17, 2020 6:57 PM MDT

I only made it through the first 55 seconds before I shut it off. Perhaps I was already jaded by having read your perspective on her singing, I don’t know.  Musically,  I am still stick stuck on the 1960s to 1980s, so actually hearing her sing for the first time myself, I was not impressed. She’s beautiful to look at (for a second, I even considered watching the entire video with the sound muted, but I digressed), I love her name, I just can’t sign onto today’s version of music.
    ~ This post was edited by Randy D at May 23, 2020 8:13 AM MDT
      May 18, 2020 7:44 AM MDT

stick  stuck
      May 18, 2020 8:24 AM MDT

digressed digress
      May 18, 2020 8:44 AM MDT

It’s a past tense reference. I digressed at the time that I thought of doing it, and that I what I meant to convey. It shall remain as I put it originally, thank you. 
    ~
      May 18, 2020 8:46 AM MDT

She is gorgeous for sure!
    :)

Funny - - I like her name, too. But I always have to double check how to spell it. in fact, according to the video I posted up there, I misspelled her first name. I don't really care, though -- just like I don't care for her singing, ha!
      May 18, 2020 7:14 PM MDT

It’s probably because I speak, read, and write Spanish that her first and last names are no problem for me as far as spelling is concerned, and that I like them so much. 
    ~
      May 18, 2020 8:11 PM MDT

I can.  I will

R.E.S.P.E.C.T., Aretha Franklin

May 17, 2020 7:29 PM MDT

Hey, yesterday I changed the station when that came on.
      May 18, 2020 8:26 AM MDT

You are my people....what can I say!
      May 18, 2020 4:38 PM MDT

I've never really liked that one, either. :)
    She has other songs I like a lot more, like "Who's Zoomin Who?"
      May 23, 2020 8:16 AM MDT

(I forgot to mention I don't particularly like that Small World song, either.)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 18, 2020 8:27 AM MDT
      May 17, 2020 7:35 PM MDT

Anything Disney is evil.
      May 18, 2020 8:27 AM MDT

Apart from every rap "song" ever performed, they should really have dropped a piano on these:

May 18, 2020 7:28 AM MDT

The only such songs that come immediately to mind are Beyonce's "Single Ladies" and Daniel Powter's "Bad Day." Both are OK songs, but they get played incessantly, which leads into a pet peeve of mine, which is when a radio station and its DJs seemingly play the same 10-12 songs over and over - there was one here in NYC that, not too long ago, would replay the same bunch of songs that included "Single Ladies" and "Bad Day." It doesn't matter so much at home, because one can choose not to listen to the radio or a particular station, but I worked in an office where the company played that station every day, and you couldn't escape it.

An additional note on "Single Ladies" is that the whole song seemingly is about single women trying to attract men who are willing to "put a ring on it." To me, this perpetuates the idea that a woman's value and self-worth is tied to her ability to attract a man and get married. That's partly why I don't particularly like the song.
      May 18, 2020 7:49 AM MDT

When they play those corporate-ordered loops, which have repetitions of the same exact songs about once every 73 minutes, it drives me crazy. Some brain-dead executive is looking at “market research” and has decided, “This is hip, this is cool, this is groovy, this is what the kids want to hear”.  Never mind the fact that year after year, dozens or hundreds of new songs come out, meaning that after eighty years of popular music, there are gems that can be played giving a wide range of options from which to choose, not jus just six songs that a computer has told lunkhead we want to hear.

This post was edited by Randy D at May 23, 2020 8:16 AM MDT
      May 18, 2020 8:44 AM MDT

just
      May 18, 2020 8:47 AM MDT

May 18, 2020 7:45 PM MDT

I despise not only that song, but the entire discography of the group, and the group itself. 

:[
      May 18, 2020 8:05 PM MDT

I agree. 
      May 19, 2020 4:36 AM MDT

I rambled on and on under my2cents' answer. I disagree with both of you on this song and group but it's all fun because it made my mind wander off in good ways. 

I'm out of here for now -- busy work weekend for me.

(Oh, and I'll try not to second-guess myself, ha.)

EDIT: Except in a way, I did -- I thought the question was about the worst song ever, not just a least favorite, so I don't disagree with you if this is a least favorite song of yours. I just know I like the song. :) So I'm adding my additional explanation / comment here. This probably counts as second-guessing. Ha.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 23, 2020 9:14 AM MDT
      May 23, 2020 8:34 AM MDT

Oh, it counts alright!  Lol. 

May 23, 2020 8:56 AM MDT

I figured, ha!

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 23, 2020 6:41 PM MDT
      May 23, 2020 6:04 PM MDT

I highly disagree with both you and Randy D on this song and group. Ha!

[ EDIT: -- for some reason, I thought the question was asking about the worst song ever, woops -- if this song is your least favorite, I don't disagree, obviously. I just like it a lot. :)  "Tin Roof - - Rusted!"   :)  ]

This song always makes me smile. The group in general, too, though I know I don't know a lot of all their stuff. But what I hear I like. :)

And I ADORE B-52's singer Kate Piersen with R.E.M. ( a group I MUCH prefer over B-52's) on R.E.M.'s "Shiny Happy People." I love the music video for the song, too.
    Oh, and I've read that Michael Stipe and R.E.M. never (I think) performed this song "live" in concert because they believed it went against their style - - the song is too happy and "pop"-py. It almost seems to me they resented the song's popularity.
    I still love the song. And Michael Stipe has NEVER looked more adorable than he does in this entire video! Ha! That's probably another reason he doesn't like the song.

I'm going way off topic but I'm smiling, thinking about R.E.M. and B-52's. And smiling is good for me. :)

Here's the "Shiny, Happy People" music video.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 23, 2020 9:15 AM MDT
      May 23, 2020 8:27 AM MDT