Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » If there is no spike in virus cases in 2 weeks. Should we open up all then?

If there is no spike in virus cases in 2 weeks. Should we open up all then?

Definitely crowds and no social distancing.

Posted - June 2, 2020

Responses

Why would you expect me to define the word that you selected for use?  It’s not a question of whether or not I like your definition or accept your definition.You changed horses in the middle of the race by saying that Biden’s numbers don’t compare to Trump’s numbers,which is not what you originally wrote. I already suggested where you could find the definition: in a dictionary.   As for whether or not anyone is excited about supporting Biden, there are some people who are practicallyrabid about it, just look to the anyone-but-Trump crowd.  Please don’t tell me what I know or that I know your point. I do bot presume to tell you what you know. I know what you’ve written, and there are parts of it that are merely bashing Biden, and parts of it that make no good sense at all, that’s something I know. 

June 3, 2020 6:30 PM MDT

I gave you my definition.  
    I know you are a smart man. 

Joe Biden has never held a rally anywhere in this country that would fill a major sports venue. Because his supporters are not excited/care enough to  attend/wait in line to see him. If you do not like the word 'excited'...replace it with whatever you want.  The point is there will not be enough to compare in attendance to a Trump rally. 

That was the topic of what I responded too. This post was edited by my2cents at June 3, 2020 7:07 PM MDT
      June 3, 2020 7:02 PM MDT

Once again, and I loathe that I have to reiterate, I do not either like or dislike your use of the word, I questioned your use of it and its validity in the context of the conversation.

June 3, 2020 7:22 PM MDT

Again....I have made my point. Biden cannot fill a sports venue with supporters. For whatever reason...based on past attendance.
      June 3, 2020 8:15 PM MDT

There are also huge groups of people gathering for rallies and other reasons/activities that are either anti-Trump or have absolutely nothing to do with what they think of Trump at all. Do those also receive your derision?

___

June 3, 2020 11:09 AM MDT

I believe Biden is called creepy because he puts his hands on women, (their shoulders and waist) smells their hair and breaks social and moral protocol by crossing those lines.  

How would you feel if a man came up behind your wife put his hands on her shoulders or her waist, smelled he hair, and made that kind of physical contact without her consent?
    This post was edited by . at June 3, 2020 7:56 PM MDT
      June 3, 2020 12:39 PM MDT

Surely you don’t think I’ve written anything that defends Biden’s actions against women and girls, do you?  If so, please show those passages. I am not the person who wrote that he is creepy, nor did I defend him on that issue. I didn’t write word one about it. You’ve either read something into what I’ve written or you’ve put words into it that are not already there. What I wrote can and should be taken verbatim, that’s being fair to me. For you to muddy the issue with sidebars that have absolutely nothing to do with my post makes it seem as if I condone actions that I never even mentioned or addressed. You’ve chosen to attack me for no good reason at all, and it’s completely baseless because I didn’t even bring up what you did.

I am in no way pro-Biden, either one his politics or how he inappropriately interacts with women and girls. I shouldn’t have to write long diatribes about every iota of information that exists about a person in order to merely make the point that I am trying to make. 

June 3, 2020 2:01 PM MDT

Lots of men do those things and I'm sorry but I cannot agree they in just themselves break any social or moral protocols. Just standard social interaction.  Presumptuous they might be but I also know that men like to touch us and smell our hair. I can see no harm or line-crossing in just those things in themselves. 
      June 3, 2020 8:00 PM MDT

To each his/her own. But I know I would slap him. If he touched me or any of my kids/grandkids like that. 
      June 3, 2020 8:18 PM MDT

No. They are just stupid.
      June 3, 2020 5:17 PM MDT

virsus virus
      June 3, 2020 6:51 AM MDT

I can't speak for the rest of the country, but here in Arizona, we opened a lot of things back up about three weeks ago on a day where we had just shy of 600 new cases- our highest day on record. Yesterday, we had over 1,100 new cases. 

"If there is no spike" is an impossibility. 
      June 3, 2020 12:14 PM MDT

Yeah, AZ started increasing last week of May.  Before that was testing average of positive was consistently under 5%.  It is running above 6% but under 8% since. 

But we will see if it goes much higher following these protests and riots.

But if it makes you feel better the day before the 1100+, new cases were under 200 for the day.  This post was edited by my2cents at June 3, 2020 2:30 PM MDT
      June 3, 2020 1:46 PM MDT

AZ has been steadily increasing since the onset. There have been dips but it's been a very clear upward trajectory the entire time. Sure, we can say there were fewer than 200 cases that day but the days before that were still 700-800. The 200 day was a fluke. For whatever reason, our state drops in new cases every Monday. 

I don't expect it to go higher because of the protests and riots. Our state was already open. I was at a bar last weekend and literally nobody was wearing a mask. The whole area I was in, I did not see a single person wearing a mask- not on the streets, in parking lots, etc. Nobody. I'm in a state that is not observing social distancing/ self-quarantine/ shelter-in-place guidelines. The fact that there are protests happening on top of it... a bit irrelevant in terms of spreading the virus. The same people protesting are the same people already engaging in public. 
      June 3, 2020 2:49 PM MDT

The number bounces for most states. That is why I have stated looking at the positive test percentage. I know Dr Birx said that was the number they were watching for spikes in one of those daily briefings. 
      June 3, 2020 3:15 PM MDT

I'm not sure what difference the percent positive makes. Testing was reserved for only the sickest people before. Now anyone can have a test- even those with no symptoms at all. The positive percent should be declining based on volume. 
      June 3, 2020 11:04 PM MDT

I just know that that is the number the Dr said to watch and one of the numbers Governors have said they are watching in their decisions about reopening.  They also mention the serious cases (hospitalizations) but that number is much harder find for each state.  It is posted at the national level...and that number has also dropped in the most recent weeks as well. It had been hovering in the 17,000s regardless of the 20,000+ new cases daily. That is down into the 16,000s now.
      June 4, 2020 3:32 AM MDT

Money is always more important than people for some it seems.....this is not going away for at least two years again...maybe more....we all need to realize that...
      June 8, 2020 3:42 AM MDT

No new cases for 3 weeks, and then open up. Otherwise you're just screaming out for a second wave, and a third, and a fourth. Until and unless a vaccine is developed, quarantine is the only way to stop it spreading exponentially.
    Philadelphia refused to cancel a parade during the Spanish flu pandemic - within weeks they were stacking bodies in the street like cordwood, there was no more room in the city's morgues. Conversely, Milwaukee went into a more rigorous lockdown than anywhere else, and thus bounced back more strongly than anywhere else afterward as that city's workforce hadn't been decimated. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at June 8, 2020 3:43 AM MDT
      June 3, 2020 11:48 PM MDT

Well we should see if that is the case in a few weeks after these protests and riots. 

That said the point of the lockdown was keep our hospitals and Drs from being overwhelmed....we have done that. 
      June 4, 2020 3:35 AM MDT

You have done that - for the FIRST wave.
      June 5, 2020 10:17 PM MDT

It viruses get weaker as they replicate...this one is NO exception.  
      June 6, 2020 5:39 AM MDT

Tell that to the victims of the second wave of Spanish flu.
      June 7, 2020 11:07 PM MDT

You need to take over from Trump I think.....Given that the Spanish flu originated from a USA army camp ,you'd think he'd know better..
    How he ever got elected is bevildering ....
      June 8, 2020 3:37 AM MDT

This virus is not a deadly as the Spanish Flu. Bit yes it also did get weaker as it replicated. 

If the governor's don't get stupid again and force nursing homes without virus to accept patients with virus.....deaths would be down significantly. Over 1/3 deaths came from nursing homes. 
      June 8, 2020 7:40 AM MDT