Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Have you heard anyone actually say that black lives, or any other lives, DON'T matter?

Have you heard anyone actually say that black lives, or any other lives, DON'T matter?

Posted - June 11, 2020

Responses

No, but I think we’ve all seen and are aware now that some people have those thoughts and beliefs and show them through their actions. Actions speak much louder than words. So what exactly is your point here? 
      June 11, 2020 4:07 PM MDT

Just an open-ended question.
      June 11, 2020 4:38 PM MDT

Eye sea :) 
      June 11, 2020 4:40 PM MDT

Personally I have never heard anyone say such a thing in my conversations with them.
      June 11, 2020 7:07 PM MDT

Yes. They said BLUE lives do not matter. 
      June 11, 2020 7:20 PM MDT

It's the actions that count.
    Blacks and the poor are far more frequently turned away from hospitals when they present with COVID-19.
    Ambulance paramedics have frequently refused to take them to hospital.

Blacks are three times more likely than whites  to be stopped and harassed by police for no valid or legal reason.
    They are twice as likely as white to be shot or murdered for no reason at all.
    The police union has been ensuring that the majority of police who have committed these crimes have got away with it without consequences - which means these particular racist police continue to believe that they are above the law.

These are only a fragment of the systemic racist issues riddled throughout society.

I'm sure you've probably experiences racism against Jews. Imagine that magnified at least 20 times.
      June 11, 2020 10:25 PM MDT

A person can be turned away at a hospital in Australia?  That is illegal in US. 
      June 12, 2020 6:48 AM MDT

No, my2cents.
    In Australia no one is turned away from hospital if they need it.

But I saw a documentary film of what was happening in New York City. COVID-sick black and homeless people were continuously turned away from hospitals and clinics one the grounds that they were full, and, seconds later, well-dressed whites were admitted.
    The documentary was two hours long.
    Nurses and doctors, who had been instructed by their hospitals not to speak to anyone about what was happening or else be sacked, spoke about what they saw, were instructed to do, and did. They admitted to turning people away because they were black, or didn't have the money to pay for treatment.
    This film has been shown all over the English speaking world. 
    I'm surprised you haven't seen it.
      June 12, 2020 11:02 PM MDT

I do not believe that.   As I said it is illegal here. And trust me if that were true it would be all over the news (at least conservative news...both mayor and gov are Dems so msm may indeed ignore it) and ACLU would be involved (as they should be).  
    As I understand it covid patients were being told to stay home unless symptoms became severe. That had nothing to do with race. That was them
    being worried about hospital being overwhelmed.   This even caused Coumo to order nursing homes to accept covid 19 patients in the facilites. Last I heard 30% of deaths were in nursing homes. Disgusting rule. 

I have seen on the news where NYC hospitals were mixing Covid patients with non covid19 patients....there is video of nurses discussing this 'guy came in no covid and a stroke. Now he is on a vent. We gave it to him' 
    Do you have a link to the documentary? I would loke to see it.  This post was edited by my2cents at June 13, 2020 6:49 AM MDT
      June 13, 2020 6:47 AM MDT

Foetuses lives don't matter, unless they are wanted and then they are referred to as babies.  Man is a hypocrite.
      June 12, 2020 4:28 PM MDT

no and i hope i dont hear that
      June 13, 2020 2:27 PM MDT