Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Where was the most intense itch you've ever had?

Where was the most intense itch you've ever had?

Posted - July 21, 2020

Responses

interesting question!

I don't know for sure but, for me, it's probably when my eyes itch at times with allergies  -- can't stand that. "Intense' would probably be the adjective. I'd much rather have the "poison ivy"/rash kind of itching than itchy eyes.
    :)
      July 21, 2020 8:28 PM MDT

I had an allergic reaction to pain medication...twice.. I never take that stuff; both times was after surgery.    Both time I started itching all over but particularly my back, legs, and arms.  I was on the floor scooting on the carpet trying to get relief.   I finally took two Benadryl and one of the times got into a hot shower.  Relief came.  I couldn't get in the shower the other time because of where the surgery was.   The second time my throat began to close but it calmed.  I've been schooled that should that ever happen call 911.  Don't try to drive.  

I forgot about the reaction to bandaging after surgery on my hand.  It was so bad I removed the bandage and my sister wiped my hand with alcohol on a cotton pad.  I got immediate relief.  So I now have to answer "yes" to the ever-present latex question.
      July 21, 2020 8:44 PM MDT

Oxy does that to me.
      July 22, 2020 7:47 AM MDT

I'm sorry.  It can be horrible.  Don't forget that heat gives relief...
      July 22, 2020 5:18 PM MDT

I took one about three hours ago and started itching about an hour ago.
      July 22, 2020 5:34 PM MDT

If you had a full-on allergic attack from it you would never take it again.  I hope you never have a severe reaction to anything. The older I get  my list gets longer.  
      July 22, 2020 5:42 PM MDT

I only use it occasionally...1 pill, 3-4 times a week when my ankle pain keeps me from walking. I already have enough bad habits and don't need a drug addiction.
      July 22, 2020 5:52 PM MDT

Is the pain from something fixable?
      July 22, 2020 7:26 PM MDT

I have a custom-made brace and it works quite well. Surgery is complex and requires many months of rehab.
      September 6, 2020 5:20 PM MDT

Where?
    across the whole body
    everywhere it itches...
      July 21, 2020 8:56 PM MDT

Bedbug bite on the ear.  Usually bedbug bites just itch a bit depending on how sensitive the skin is but on my ear that was a stinging itch. I had nothing to relieve it with and the itch lasted at least 20 minutes. 
    Finally got rid of the bugs now anyway. 
      July 21, 2020 9:01 PM MDT

Everywhere  on my body except for the parts inside my shorts. Once I had to take a short cut  across a field of Stinging Netitle and I was only wearing shorts and runners. Stinging nettle is a horrible itch that lasts for days and there is nothing you can put on it to stop the itch. Cheers!
      July 21, 2020 9:26 PM MDT

From the time I was in my teens until I was about thirty years old, I would periodically get some kind of strange “twinge” in one of my thighs that felt like a cross between a weird electric charge and an itch, but it wasn’t on the surface of my skin, not even just under the skin, it was deep inside somewhere, maybe the muscle or something like that. There was never any common activity nor position I’d be in when it hit me; I could be sitting or standing or riding my bike or sleeping or marching or taking a shower or watching a movie, etc. It only lasted a split second, and it wasn’t exactly painful, it was attention/grabbing. It never varied in its severity, it was always unexpected and sharp and immediate. It never caused enough distress to make me fall off of my bike or drop anything I was carrying, it’s very difficult to explain or describe. When it hit me, it then dissipated as quickly as it came on, and it never repeated itself in that same session. Several weeks, months, or even a year would go by between episodes. I never had even the slightest opportunity to see a medical professional about it, mainly because it wasn’t very problematic nor worrisome, just a momentary annoyance, and also because I could never show a doctor any evidence of it since its onset was so unpredictable.   In fact, between episodes, I would actually forget about it, that’s how infrequent and surprising it was. I cannot even remember if it was my left thigh or right thigh. I’ve never suffered a broken bone nor had surgery, and I’ve never been on any medication, so I don’t know what might have caused it. 

Now, a couple decades later, I had forgotten about it completely until I read your question and was about to answer that I had no such incident to report when all of a sudden I remembered this. Wait, if this thing suddenly starts up again, I will hunt you down, Zack!  Grrrrrr. 

~

July 21, 2020 10:10 PM MDT

If it comes back, I could apologize and you might not hunt me down maybe?
      July 22, 2020 5:30 AM MDT

I’ll take it under advisement. 

~

July 22, 2020 7:02 AM MDT

I get those periodically. More as I age.
      July 22, 2020 7:48 AM MDT

A horrible sunburn on my back when I was 10-11. I thought I was going to die.
      July 22, 2020 7:50 AM MDT