Discussion » Questions » Relationships » would you want a gf/bf out of your ethnicity ?

would you want a gf/bf out of your ethnicity ?

personally id like to . theres many women i find pretty but it never works out . maybe because i look ugly sometimes ? 

if i was prettier im sure id get women

Posted - July 29, 2020

Responses

I'm adding another answer -- in my other answer I simply focused on your physical appearance because that is what you focused on in your question. But others have shared some great stuff about how the "physical" part of us is only a part -- what makes us attractive to others, I believe, encompasses WAY more than just the "physical."
    :)

It's been a long day - - I'm trying to encourage and help but unsure of even psoting a coherent thought, ha!
      July 29, 2020 7:14 PM MDT

sure. i am white and my husband is Vietnamese. ive pretty much only ever liked Asian men for some reason 
      July 29, 2020 7:15 PM MDT

I don't discriminate. Even with other dudes.
      July 29, 2020 8:50 PM MDT

I dated an Asian (Thai) girl for a while.
      July 30, 2020 5:11 PM MDT

I decided when I was a teen not to date outside of my race because I seen how the biracial kids were bullied. 
    I also wanted my children to have more of a chance to look loke me or my side of the family. Most of the time a the biracial person look like the non-white side of their family. (Yes there are exceptions) 

My children have told me that the bullying over being biracial is not something that they ever witnessed at their schools. In fact, they were considered cooler than a just white or just black kids. All the kids wanted to be an "oreo." (This is a term of endearment they all used) Which is an awesome to hear the change from when I was a kid. 
      July 30, 2020 5:24 PM MDT

Gee, it would have been absolutely horrible to have, repeating your exact words, a “biracial person look like the non-white side of their family”.

July 30, 2020 5:52 PM MDT

I did not say that. I said I wanted a child to have the chance of looking like my side of the family. 
      July 30, 2020 6:02 PM MDT

“I decided when I was a teen not to date outside of my race because I seen how the biracial kids were bullied. 
    I also wanted my children to have more of a chance to look loke me or my side of the family. Most of the time a the biracial person look like the non-white side of their family. (Yes there are exceptions) 

My children have told me that the bullying over being biracial is not something that they ever witnessed at their schools. In fact, they were considered cooler than a just white or just black kids. All the kids wanted to be an "oreo." (This is a term of endearment they all used) Which is an awesome to hear the change from when I was a kid.”
      July 30, 2020 6:05 PM MDT

I am sorry if you are offended at my reasoning. That is certainly not be intent. I was simply answering the question as it applied to me when I was a single person. 
    But I did not say it would be horrible.   I said it was something I considered as a young person.  
      July 30, 2020 6:20 PM MDT

As long as they’re white, they’re right, right?

July 30, 2020 6:32 PM MDT

Actually you did. Reported. If I were Randy, I'd be explosively insulted.
      July 30, 2020 6:06 PM MDT

• I'm biracial and I was never bullied for it. But I guess some "combinations" are more likely to be targeted. I love being biracial.
      July 30, 2020 6:22 PM MDT

I am glad to hear you also were not bullied.  I think I am about 20 yrs older than you so sounds like it was getting better sooner than I thought. 
      July 30, 2020 6:34 PM MDT

• As a "mixed" person, I'd be a bit limited if I restricted myself to "hapas". I'm not currently interested in dating, but the person's race/ethnicity would not be a priority. 
      July 30, 2020 6:23 PM MDT

:) :)!!
      August 1, 2020 6:46 PM MDT

• I wouldn't say no to someone because of his ethnicity, but I've never been asked for a date by someone who's a different color than me.  You look good.  If you have bad luck with love, your appearance can't be the reason.  I don't know why it's easy for some people to find someone but it's difficult for others.
      July 31, 2020 11:09 PM MDT