Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Music » What are some songs that are considered one-hit wonders but in your opinion the artists have other hits also? Please name the one-hit, the

What are some songs that are considered one-hit wonders but in your opinion the artists have other hits also? Please name the one-hit, the

artist or group, and at least one other song by that same artist or group that you believe is also a hit. Thank you.
~

Posted - November 28, 2020

Responses

I do believe or think or choose, or, whatever you want to call it, Mungo Jerry, who by the way, I am still happy to still see. 
    This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at November 28, 2020 6:22 PM MST
      November 28, 2020 7:21 AM MST

Please name the one-hit, the artist or group, and at least one other song by that same artist or group that you believe is also a hit. Thank you.

November 28, 2020 4:32 PM MST

The Dream Academy's "Life in a Northern Town"

seems to be considered a one-hit wonder but their

"Indian Summer" is right up there, too, for me (as is their entire catalogue for me).

(I'd like to post the songs, too, even though you didn't officially ask.)

"Life in a Northern Town"

"Indian Summer"

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at November 29, 2020 4:00 PM MST
      November 28, 2020 6:20 PM MST

There are plenty of artists who have been dubbed "one hit wonders" that had but one INTERNATIONAL hit but dozens on their own turf. Or one hit in the USA but charted multiple times elsewhere.

The hit in the US

Also charted just about everywhere else

The international hit

Also charted in the UK (particularly in Scotland) and Australia

This post was edited by Slartibartfast at November 29, 2020 4:00 PM MST
      November 28, 2020 7:20 PM MST

Yes, I think The Dream Academy from my answer had other hits in other parts of the world from where I live but around here they seem to be considered a one-hit wonder.
    I have a couple of a-ha albums and I like the group a lot.
      November 28, 2020 7:33 PM MST