Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Poll. Generally speaking, how much of a threat, if any, do you think the Chinese government is to the US?

Poll. Generally speaking, how much of a threat, if any, do you think the Chinese government is to the US?

A) None at all.
B) 10%
C) 25%
D) 50%
E) 80%
F) 95%
G) None of the above/Other answer:____________________.
~

Posted - February 1, 2021

Responses

It is a complex issue but maybe C+ (30%).  China has been building up their military capabilities a lot recently but  China Defense Ministry says it is the US that poses the biggest threat to International Order and World Peace due to all the wars they have been involved in during the last few decades.
      February 1, 2021 6:32 PM MST

A.  Ours is far more screwed up far more than theirs.  (Judges?  10, 10, 9.5)
      February 1, 2021 6:34 PM MST

50% or more.  Not only is China building up its military capabilities, but they are actively involved in stealing our technology and attempting to hack into our computers.  They are also involved in corporate espionage which would damage us both economically and our national security.  If you don't believe me, check out last night's 60 Minutes segment to understand just how dangerous they are.  
      February 2, 2021 8:57 AM MST

Just to add that, just the other day, they were collecting American citizens DNA.
    80%. Aren't we also using their satellite system? This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at February 2, 2021 9:49 AM MST
      February 2, 2021 9:38 AM MST

That was one of the points that was made on the 60 Minutes segment - that they are collecting our DNA.  It was an eye-opening interview.
      February 2, 2021 9:49 AM MST

Chinese control how our satellites are run in orbit and are quite a formidable foe. Intra-atmospheric space waged war invasion. We would stand no chance. This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at February 4, 2021 8:21 PM MST
      February 2, 2021 12:38 PM MST

I agree.  We have let them into our lives and now we can't get rid of them.
      February 2, 2021 2:13 PM MST

(citizens citizens')

Without the apostrophe, it's just a plural noun.  Placing the apostrophe before the letter s makes it a singular possessive noun, placing it after the letter s makes it a plural possessive noun.
      February 4, 2021 8:23 PM MST

G. I would rate China 65%. But then, at the present time, I'm of the opinion we have more to fear from our own government than we do China.
      February 2, 2021 9:35 AM MST

G) You've confused me, Randy. I do not understand the rating system on this question. I feel like a scale of 0-5 might have been a better way to go?
    I think choosing a percentage would mean identifying a huge list of every possible threat, then figuring out what percentage of these threats should be assigned to foreign governments, and then figuring out what percentage of that would be assigned to China.
      February 2, 2021 3:46 PM MST

80% or more. China is already pushing on Biden to see how far they can go. Biden is too worried about making popular moves right now instead of doing what is right for our country.
      February 4, 2021 1:11 PM MST

This may be the mental illness talking, but I'm paranoid as fook. So, you may very well know my answer. Just in case you ask and I know you will, I'm going to say G). 100%. This post was edited by Zack at February 7, 2021 8:57 AM MST
      February 4, 2021 9:20 PM MST

G: about 5%, and most of it tech. The whole military "my d**k is bigger than yours" posturing is just that - echoes of the Cold War and that really didn't hurt the major powers (it seriously screwed up Southeast Asia, Cambodia still hasn't recovered). It's a threat to Taiwan and to Tibetan ethnology, but not to the US.
    The hacking is the 5% - and that's not all government either.
      February 5, 2021 1:19 AM MST