Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » If your parents legally gained a Royalty status and declared themselves King and Queen, would you accept being titled Prince or Princess?

If your parents legally gained a Royalty status and declared themselves King and Queen, would you accept being titled Prince or Princess?

It is possible for anyone to purchase a Royal status and begin a Royal dynasty.

Posted - December 30, 2021

Responses

No.
    I have turned down management positions, because I don't want the responsibility of running a department.
    Why would I want a life-long responsibility for an entire country?
    Even if I wasn't the oldest, I'd still have to train for that responsibility "just in case".
    Not to mention everybody watching for the slightest "slip" in my daily life.

Nope.  Nuh-uh.  No way.
      December 30, 2021 11:44 AM MST

You wouldn't need to start a country or build a palace or need a crown and robes and stuff; nothing serious but just for sake of having the title and maybe a good sense of humor to go along with it and no sort of snobbery required. Just maybe something to do out of the ordinary to incur a bit of entertainment in one's life.

This post was edited by Kittigate at July 11, 2022 8:38 AM MDT
      December 30, 2021 11:59 AM MST

I wouldn't mind being a princess, I'd love to wear a diamond tiara.
      December 30, 2021 2:15 PM MST

Princess Echooos sounds like a pretty nice title.
      December 30, 2021 7:43 PM MST

:):):)
      December 31, 2021 5:52 AM MST

For the record, I've been called "Princess" many times by many men.
      December 30, 2021 10:18 PM MST

I call my daughter and granddaughter "Princess" all the time, but I don't believe it's possible to purchase a title that high.
    My Basque ancestors bought themselves a title when they arrived in Versailles after fleeing the Inquisition (any French name beginning with "du" indicates petty nobility), but an actual claim to the crown requires a close blood tie. Or at least a claimed one, Edward III of England was almost certainly not the son of Richard, Duke of York (it's rumoured that the Duchess was involved with an Agincourt archer hight Geoffrey Blaybourne), as Richard was fighting at the front of the Hundred Years War at the time when Edward just had to have been conceived. Had the title passed laterally through his brother George Clarence (who may indeed have been the legitimate son of Richard, the dates for his conception match a time when he could have been with Cecily), then England's true King is an Australian - Simon Abney-Hastings, Earl of Loudon. His father Michael emigrated to Australia in the 1960s. That line is descended from George.
    Henry VII legitimised his claim to the throne (after winning The War of the Roses at the Battle of Bosworth Field) by marrying Edward's granddaughter - but as pointed out above, it's highly likely that she wasn't a direct descendant of William the Conqueror.
      December 31, 2021 8:42 AM MST

Where do I sign?

July 11, 2022 7:38 AM MDT

Yes, but my parents are divorced so that would already be a problem.  I also can’t see them agreeing on how to run a country unless they would only be ceremonial royalty.
      July 11, 2022 8:38 AM MDT

Please, please, please don’t ever let Livvie acquire royal powers. Grrrrrrr.

:(

July 11, 2022 10:31 AM MDT

Now that you don’t want me to be royalty, I want to be royalty now. 

When can I start?

This post was edited by Livvie at July 13, 2022 5:42 PM MDT
      July 12, 2022 2:12 PM MDT

Hey, wait a second . . .

~

July 12, 2022 2:20 PM MDT

I’m declaring today to be Do the Opposite of What Randy Wants Day.  It’s my first declaration as royalty.
      July 12, 2022 2:23 PM MDT

You haven’t even been coronated yet; so that’s a Fake Declaration. Stay home and pout. Grrrrrrr. 

~

July 12, 2022 2:32 PM MDT

I’m having my coronation dinner now.  I’ve already received my crown.  As soon as I solve the inscriptions on the inside of the crown, I’ll officially be royalty!  How do like that?

Hold on, somebody’s asking me something.  How old am I?  Why do you want to know??

Now, let’s get going with my coronation.  Let’s see…, Four across is Whopper…Six down is fries… Almost there…

July 12, 2022 4:40 PM MDT

They’re asking you your age because you’ve clearly violated their policy of who gets crowns, crayons, coloring books, and kiddie meals. Listen, is there no end to the list of crimes and infractions you’re willing to rack up? If you drop the criminal queenpin lifestyle and go straight, there just may be some hope for you some day. Quit trying to plot new capers all the time!

Grrrrrrr. 

~

July 12, 2022 4:52 PM MDT

Seeing 'crowns' and 'crayons' right next to each other like that brings to mind people who pronounce those two words the exact same way. 

:(
      July 13, 2022 5:47 PM MDT

Lol, good point, and you are absolutely right. There were people I grew up around who pronounced the past tense word “liked” as if it had two syllables instead of one, and no matter the context or sentence structure, almost always put the word “had” in front of it. North and south were pronounced norf and souf, the past tense of bring was brung, when referring to a household of two or more people, they said the name of one inhabitant and included “an’ them”, as in “John an’ them house” (no apostrophe s was ever part of it), and the words “your parents” was always “yer folks”!

No wonder I evolved into a grammar aficionado; I was absolutely surrounded by violators! Lol. 
    ~

July 13, 2022 6:23 PM MDT

I see you're being quite kind and generous with yourself using the term 'aficionado'. 

I've just thought of a question! 

July 14, 2022 5:27 PM MDT

They’re bringing me the 200 pack.  It’s good to be royalty!
      July 13, 2022 9:07 PM MDT

The looney bin is the only place for you. Princess.

~

July 13, 2022 10:28 PM MDT