Active Now

Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » EXCLUDING bad manners, what is a sleeping habit you display that is weird, strange, odd, funny, or quirky?

EXCLUDING bad manners, what is a sleeping habit you display that is weird, strange, odd, funny, or quirky?

Having been born and raised in a place with a cold climate about eight or nine months out of the year, I believe that’s when and where I developed the practice of sleeping with the sheet and/or blankets covering me completely, to include my entire face and entire head. It’s the same way when I have used sleeping bags; I zip myself in completely. Not only that, but I can do either of these (sleep with blankets covering my face and head or zipped into a sleeping bag) for extended periods of time, up to and including the whole night. I do not have a problem breathing that way, nor am I claustrophobic. No one else I’ve known has ever been able to do it for more than a few minutes at a time, and everyone marvels that they don’t see how I can do it without suffocating.

~

Posted - January 30, 2022

Responses

Maybe you are a supervillain! 

Is your real name Donald Trump? 

February 1, 2022 5:50 PM MST

I sleep cross ways on the bed or reverse sometimes.
      January 31, 2022 9:32 AM MST

Probably that I wake up and adjust my sleeping position multiple times every night to accommodate my dog. 

:| 
      January 31, 2022 5:37 PM MST

I sleep twisted around a cat... whether there's one there or not.
      January 31, 2022 9:10 PM MST

I’m calling the police. Grrrrrrr.
    ~

January 31, 2022 10:37 PM MST

my husband sleeps with the blanket over his face sometimes and it's so weird to me, I don't know how he does it without feeling like he's suffocating 

For me though, I sleep flat on my stomach with my head turned to the side, no pillows, nothing. Its a miracle my neck doesn't hurt every second of my life 
      January 31, 2022 10:24 PM MST

I sleep buck naked. Warmer in winter (we snuggle up and share body heat), cooler in summer (we don't).
      February 1, 2022 12:43 AM MST

We have it similar deal going on here at the Randall Ranch; “come here, I need your body heat” on winter nights, “don’t let any part of you touch any part of me” on the summer nights.
    ~

February 1, 2022 1:39 AM MST

I sleep with a cover in winter and just a sheet in summer. We have a fan on each side of the bed. My husband's is by his head. Mine is by my feet. I also cover and uncover my feet to regulate temp.
      February 1, 2022 7:31 AM MST

Thanks, good point.  Fans or air conditioning in the bedroom while I sleep are two things I can’t stand at all, look at you and your husband, you’ve upped the ante by having two fans, lol. I applaud you two.

~

February 1, 2022 8:21 AM MST